US Army is vulnerable - to stupidity and/or Political Correctness

The US military is certainly prone to stupidity. Not just from a policy perspective, but also on an individual level. There are troops who frequently try to argue that they somehow aren't paid by the government, that they pay taxes, and that those taxes pay for all of the salaries of military personnel.

Last edited by a moderator:
It saddens me that nobody in this damn country knows that 'chink' has another meaning. Seriously, the tweet maybe could have been worded better, but it's not a big deal. The American public needs to get over themselves.

Well we don't want crackers in our MRE either...

see what I did there....lol

Racist and bigots will never find better words to use except to use a derogatory term every chance they can and sneak it into something

Eh, it's the army.  It's full of racists, rapists, etc. Until recently they were still referring to blacks as colored and negros.  I think its smart for them to err on the side of caution.  

Eh, it's the army. It's full of racists, rapists, etc. Until recently they were still referring to blacks as colored and negros. I think its smart for them to err on the side of caution.
Many older blacks still refer to themselves at negro, and wrote the word in on the Census.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/02/25/172885551/no-more-negro-for-census-bureau-forms-and-surveys

"The category 'Black, African Am., or Negro' was used in Census 2000, based on research in the late 1990s that showed there was an older cohort of African-Americans who self-identified as 'Negro.' Surprisingly, about 56,000 persons took the time to write in under the 'some other race' category the word 'Negro.' Above half of them were less than 45 years of age in 2000.

bread's done
Back