US Demon's Souls (PS3) now available for pre-order! (Stop paying import prices!)

I was so, so, close to ordering it today when I saw that on Joystiq.

I still may, depending on the release date, if it's actually October.. I might have to!

[quote name='bojay1997']Not a deal. There isn't even the standard Amazon pre-order discount.[/QUOTE]

Give it time maybe? The post was just to let ppl know that it's confirmed for a US release anyway, so that they don't pay import prices for it.

I added it to my wishlist. I'll be waiting for it to hit my goldbox before Oct. :)

[quote name='bojay1997']Not a deal. There isn't even the standard Amazon pre-order discount.[/QUOTE]

Pre-order discount will probably kick in before its release date, but the main point of the post is to let folks know about a confirmed US release so that they can stop paying outrageous prices for the import Asian version of the game.

[quote name='CephalicCarnage']Pre-order discount will probably kick in before its release date, but the main point of the post is to let folks know about a confirmed US release so that they can stop paying outrageous prices for the import Asian version of the game.[/QUOTE]

That's what the other discussion areas on this site and news sites around the Internet are for. This board is strictly for deals. Announcing that this game is coming out is not a deal, whether or not people are importing it. There are lots of games that people import only to see a cheaper US release down the road. This board would be impossible to navigate if all 3,000 + games that come out each year got there own post when they were announced for a new region.

Imported mine from Hong Kong earlier this month...for $58 shipped! Looks like I saved two bucks AND get to play it for the next five months ;)

Very cool game, though... Highly recommend it. My only concern with the US release is that there is a built-in PvP system that allows players to invade your game and kill you. I have a feeling that this is going to be a much more popular feature here, which might get irritating (you can always just play offline, but this means no player tips will appear throughout the levels).

Yeah I'm not sure why everyone is clamoring about 'import prices'.

Particularly the people on this forum should know that you can fairly easily get this game for just a little over $60 shipped at Play Asia with the $5 off coupon. I've ordered a total of three copies as gifts for the groomsmen in my wedding, and each copy came to $63.80 I believe.

But I love Atlus and I'm glad they picked it up for release in NA.

[quote name='bojay1997']That's what the other discussion areas on this site and news sites around the Internet are for. This board is strictly for deals. Announcing that this game is coming out is not a deal, whether or not people are importing it. There are lots of games that people import only to see a cheaper US release down the road. This board would be impossible to navigate if all 3,000 + games that come out each year got there own post when they were announced for a new region.[/QUOTE]

Alrighty, sorry for posting this in the wrong place. I guess I was just a little too excited when I found out about it.

[quote name='Fodder']Yeah I'm not sure why everyone is clamoring about 'import prices'.

Particularly the people on this forum should know that you can fairly easily get this game for just a little over $60 shipped at Play Asia with the $5 off coupon. I've ordered a total of three copies as gifts for the groomsmen in my wedding, and each copy came to $63.80 I believe.

But I love Atlus and I'm glad they picked it up for release in NA.[/QUOTE]

You still looking for Groomsmen >.>

[quote name='Tomeeboy']My only concern with the US release is that there is a built-in PvP system that allows players to invade your game and kill you. I have a feeling that this is going to be a much more popular feature here, which might get irritating (you can always just play offline, but this means no player tips will appear throughout the levels).[/QUOTE]

Wow. This game was looking pretty cool until I heard that. I don't like the sound of that at all.

I got it for $53 shipped stacking the $5 Play-Asia coupon with a $10 "We f'd up and couldn't ship your pre-order because everyone and their mom wants it" coupon.

This game is worth the extra couple of $. Definitely on the same level as Valkyria Chronicles and MGS4 imo.

Why whine about this, there are plenty of other things that aren't technically deals either. "X IN STOCK!!" comes to mind. But yeah, I'll wait to E3, at the very least this gives me a reason for holding off on a game I'd most likely not really get around to for a month or so anyway.

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Imported mine from Hong Kong earlier this month...for $58 shipped! Looks like I saved two bucks AND get to play it for the next five months ;)

Very cool game, though... Highly recommend it. My only concern with the US release is that there is a built-in PvP system that allows players to invade your game and kill you. I have a feeling that this is going to be a much more popular feature here, which might get irritating (you can always just play offline, but this means no player tips will appear throughout the levels).[/QUOTE]

that have that feature in the japanese / asian / korean versions

[quote name='djricekcn']that have that feature in the japanese / asian / korean versions[/QUOTE]

I believe the idea was that people in the States are more inclined to be jerkwads and, as such, a feature such as that one is more likely to be used for the "hey cool I can be a dickhead" factor.

Wha? Amazon pre-order @ $59.99? That's kind of a surprise. They're usually $56.99 or less, i.e. KZ2 ($52.99), inFamous ($53.99), Madworld ($39.99)... still I would pay full price for Demon's Souls... I can get it launch date too if I went to B&M.

[quote name='KrazyGunner']Wha? Amazon pre-order @ $59.99? That's kind of a surprise. They're usually $56.99 or less, i.e. KZ2 ($52.99), inFamous ($53.99), Madworld ($39.99)... still I would pay full price for Demon's Souls... I can get it launch date too if I went to B&M.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it will in time. It was only revealed today (er well, yesterday for quite a few of us) that the game was even coming to the US. I suspect we'll see something, probably $56.99 or so, a few months down the road.

Definitely looking forward to this though. I heard such great stuff about this game, but I didn't really want to pay $70 or so to import the Asian copy.

[quote name='DesertLeo']What other game can this one be compared to, play-wise?[/QUOTE]

King's Field 1 2 or 3 that's shorter but a lot more difficult, not the Additional series. FYI just because the game is shorter doesn't mean it'll be quicker to beat. My first time around took me quite many hours to beat because of how hard this game is o.o

bread's done
Back