US Online website for Canadians?

METH

CAGiversary!
Hey guys,

With the strong Canadian dollar, I'm looking for deals online but I have a slight problem.

For example:
Sim City DS on amazon.ca is 34.99 C$
Sim City DS on amazon.com is currently 19.99 US$

I'd want to order from amazon.com, but it won't let me - they have shipping restriction and I'm unable to put my order in. That sucks.

Anyone knows reliable US websites where I could order from? (Not ebay, they screw us over with incredibly expensive shipping rates)

Thanks for your suggestions!

ogamingstore.com used ot be awesome with free shipping if you preorder a game. for some reason, it was braught down...

I use cduniverse.com for my gaming needs. Play-asia is good too.

I was going to say eStarland but they are selling it for $8 of your quoted price.

Though in times like these I'd probably try to get an Amerifriend so you could order wherever you want, and get them to mark down packages so you avoid duties.

[quote name='mrelusive']I was going to say eStarland but they are selling it for $8 of your quoted price.

Though in times like these I'd probably try to get an Amerifriend so you could order wherever you want, and get them to mark down packages so you avoid duties.[/QUOTE]

Yep, having an Amerifriend would be very helpful, hahaha.

Thanks!

Canadian stores should start marking down thier games, I think Wal-Mart has already marked down electronics to match the US prices.

Barnes and Noble in the U.S. offers videos games through GameStop but apparently ships to Canada for most items unless marked only available to shipping to U.S. addresses. They have Sim City DS for $19.99 and it's not marked as not able to ship here. I'm not sure what their shipping rates are like for video games, but you could give it a try and see what happens.

EBGames.com also ships most items to Canada now too, but it's a pretty outrageous shipping fee of $14.99 so it's not much help. They have it at 19.99 as well, but you'd pay almost as much in shipping. Shipping is a real killer.

Wait a few days and check out Walmart and Zellers, they both announced in the news last Friday that they would be selling video games at U.S. prices. Good luck.

[quote name='mkrowe']Barnes and Noble in the U.S. offers videos games through GameStop but apparently ships to Canada for most items unless marked only available to shipping to U.S. addresses. They have Sim City DS for $19.99 and it's not marked as not able to ship here. I'm not sure what their shipping rates are like for video games, but you could give it a try and see what happens.[/quote]
I tried B&N last time they were mentioned. IIRC they charge about $20 to ship one game, where GS/EB charges $15. So using them is just like a stupid tax for buying from Gamestop :roll:

[quote name='METH']Hey guys,

With the strong Canadian dollar, I'm looking for deals online but I have a slight problem.

For example:

I'd want to order from amazon.com, but it won't let me - they have shipping restriction and I'm unable to put my order in. That sucks.

Anyone knows reliable US websites where I could order from? (Not ebay, they screw us over with incredibly expensive shipping rates)

Thanks for your suggestions![/quote]

I have Sim City DS and I am looking to sell it. I'm played it for a while but haven't touched it in over a month or so. I'll sell it to you for $20 (shipped). I am in Ottawa. I'll PM you.

[quote name='ragnar14']I tried B&N last time they were mentioned. IIRC they charge about $20 to ship one game, where GS/EB charges $15. So using them is just like a stupid tax for buying from Gamestop :roll:[/quote]
Lame. I would like to pay for "fair" shipping. Amazon.com is decent for DVD orders, I wish they would ship video games too.

[quote name='wingy17']I have Sim City DS and I am looking to sell it. I'm played it for a while but haven't touched it in over a month or so. I'll sell it to you for $20 (shipped). I am in Ottawa. I'll PM you.[/QUOTE]

PMed you.

thanks

[quote name='mrelusive']I was going to say eStarland but they are selling it for $8 of your quoted price.

Though in times like these I'd probably try to get an Amerifriend so you could order wherever you want, and get them to mark down packages so you avoid duties.[/quote]

We have updated our price of "Sim City DS" to $18.95 :D
Admin at eStarland.com

[quote name='METH']Hey guys,

For example:

Thanks for your suggestions![/quote]
I know that Canadain Walmarts have started matching US game prices at there stores. You might take a look there before trying to order stuff online.

Don't you still get hit with heavy duty at customs even if you get a cheap US deal? Last time I imported Ouendan 2, I got charged around $10 by custom, I'm not even sure if it's worth it to buy from .com stores.

[quote name='Mana Thirst']Don't you still get hit with heavy duty at customs even if you get a cheap US deal? Last time I imported Ouendan 2, I got charged around $10 by custom, I'm not even sure if it's worth it to buy from .com stores.[/quote]

where did you order it from?

From a Hong Kong store I believe, is the duty different if you buy stuffs from the US? If so, is there a web site where I can check how much duty will hit me for a particular product value?

you dont pay duty on video games
you pay provincial sales tax if the item is valued over $20, you also pay a brokerage/handling fee. It is usually $5 for First-Class mail and $8 for Priority or Express Mail

Also if the game is declared as a gift then you dont pay tax on the first $60 of the declared value.

Also do not use UPS, their handling fee can be right up to $50

[quote name='The Crotch']Hey Chrischris, why'd the shipping cost on my order just go up? It's a minor bump, but it's still sneaky-sneaky...[/quote]
The Crotch,
What is your order number or first, last name? I can take a look.

[quote name='The Crotch']Luke Lalonde, #1345185

The tracking option does not work for me, either.[/quote]

1) When we need to split an order (except backorders), there is a split shipping fee. You asked us to send available items first.

2) No package tracking information is available on all international orders. If we use UPS (they will provide you with a tracking information), but it costs a lot more than $4.00 and also you will pay other charges from UPS including their brokerage fee and more on taxes. :(

Thanks for your business.
- admin at eStarland.com -

bread's done
Back