US to UK Cost?

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']What is a "[SIZE=-1]Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Small)" [/SIZE], what are its dimensions, and can I just get it at the post office?[/quote]

It's about 8 1/2 x 5 1/5 in. About the size of a DVD case, and yes most post offices have them.

How would I go about cashing a money order that's in Pounds (or other foreign currencies)? When I cash it, will they give me the USD equivalent? Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to eBay in general and even newer to international selling

You could try a bank, other than that I'm not sure. I've had trouble cashing domestic money orders.

You might want to use airmail instead of economy if you were thinking about it, economy goes by sea and takes forever. Also, you should use a shipping method with tracking, as many international options don't. You can get screwed by international buyers if you don't use a tracking number.

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']How could they screw me over?[/QUOTE]
They ask for a cheaper shipping method without tracking. They claim they never received the item. Since there is no tracking, you can't prove you sent it, so they get a refund.

But, since they paid with a money order, there is much less risk of that. Thats mostly a Paypal thing. I'm not really sure where you could cash your money order, might want to call up some banks and ask them. It might depend on who issued the money order.

[quote name='dafoomie']
But, since they paid with a money order, there is much less risk of that.[/quote]

Unless of course it turns out to be a fake Money Order.

Depends on the bank, also you will get charged a fee for conversion. It can be a lot at some banks, best to go to bank you have an account with (if you do).

bread's done
Back