US troops seize award-winning Iraqi journalist

Well, considering he was released and interviewed by a UK news source already, who is incidentally sponsoring his new film, I'd say everything turned out ok. And everything 'reported' was only his side of the story, I'd say the story isn't quite balanced.

Proof? Bullet holes or something to show us that shots were actually fired in the bedroom while they were sleeping? Were their insurgents documented on those tapes? I'm sensing free publicity here, especially since this 'reporter' works for the source that wrote this story.

And, considering the billion dollars and more that is being spent by the US taxpayers in Iraq every week, I don't see how or why a few million dollars would be a great enough point of contention to the millitary to 'take out' a reporter.

Well it could be a mistake or it could be to make a point. This would be a good tactic to take if you are trying to scare journalists into not doing stories like that. I assume drocket assumes they are trying to make a point.

Isn't this all part of the U.S. strategy to "win the hearts and minds" of the Iraqis?

But the bruises and blood weren't enough to establish that he was beaten?

Seems like a lapse in, you know, Common sense.

bread's done
Back