USB Composite video adapter deal?

BitLooter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
104 (100%)
I'm looking for a composite video input adapter for my laptop. I don't need special features like DVR functionality or hardware-based video encoding, I just need something that will let me play my PS2 on my laptop without a TV, and ideally not break the bank doing so. Any recommendations?

I've looked into some stuff for a similar use in the past. Sadly, whatever cheap video capture device you buy will most likely have an input lag that will undoubtedly make playing games so frustratingly aggravating that it wont be worth it.

Bumping my thread here to say I've found something. I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Mygica EZgrabber2. I just got it today and it works great. It seems like there might be a tiny bit of lag, but not really enough to be a problem - I just played some Ace Combat 4 on a PS2 through it and had no issues whatsoever. So it's true, there is a budget solution. (Actually, I got mine for $15 on eBay NIP, so that's an even better deal.) It doesn't have a coax input, just composite and S-video, but that's good enough for me.

If anyone else gets this, I advise you to forget the bundled software, it's not that good. DScaler works great for watching TV/playing games, and VirtualDub if you want to record off it.

bread's done
Back