USB Not Working!

Moxio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Another tale of a strange hardware problem that I can't seem to explain.

Let's go back in time, first of all.

I've had this computer, eh, a little under a year. A few months ago, I noticed that some of my USB ports didn't work (I have 5, one in front, but the one in front is unplugged on purpose). Only 2 ever seemed to work at one time... the other two wouldn't recognize that anything was in them.

Strange, I thought. I checked the Device Manager, and lo and behold, it told me everything was fine. I shrugged this dilemma off because I never really needed more than 2 USB ports at once (one was usually occupied by a 4-port hub).

Yesterday I tried to plug in a USB game controller to play a game. I tried in all 4 ports to no avail. I checked the DM, and of course, everything seems fine. However, I've included some screen shots to those who could use them to help me out.

Any help or thoughts you have would be VERY MUCH appreciated.

Thank you.

-M

are the little leads that go to the mobo in the correct spots? Sometimes if the grounding wires in the wrong spot, it will show up in device manager but still not work properly.

Is your hub a powered USB hub?
Have you tried removing all of the USB devices in Device Manager & reboot? It should reinstall the drivers automatically.

i'd like to meet someone who has successfully managed to hook up and run 80 diffrent usb devices to a computer using hubs of course.

bread's done
Back