USB Port Identity Crisis

jagwire1141

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi all,

I keep my entire itunes library on my Wester Digital hard drive. I have three USB ports on my computer and I've always kept the HDD on the G:/ port. Well now when I plug it in to the same port it calls it the H:/ port. If I switch ports it still says the HDD is in the H:/ port. Basically the two left usb ports on my laptop are now assigned to H:/ Is there anything I can do? I've tried restarting adn I'd really like to not have to reorganize my entire itunes library.

[quote name='jagwire1141']Hi all,

I keep my entire itunes library on my Wester Digital hard drive. I have three USB ports on my computer and I've always kept the HDD on the G:/ port. Well now when I plug it in to the same port it calls it the H:/ port. If I switch ports it still says the HDD is in the H:/ port. Basically the two left usb ports on my laptop are now assigned to H:/ Is there anything I can do? I've tried restarting adn I'd really like to not have to reorganize my entire itunes library.[/quote]

Have you tried going under disk management and assigning each drive it's own letter? If you plug it in i will assign itself the next available drive letter.

Like with my External Drive i've assigned it E, because I have two internals as C and D. My 2 burners are F and G and then my Flash drives go from H on.

[quote name='jagwire1141']Nevermind, I found it via google. Thanks so much, you saved me so much time.[/quote]

No probs man.

A4s rock don't they :cool:

Well Colorado had one of the snowiest winters in as long as I can remember and I'm the only one of my friends who didn't get stuck. In a 4 door sedan no less. Beautiful automobiles.

bread's done
Back