USB powered speakers for 360?

I'm looking for some USB powered speakers for my 360 but also able to take in the red/white connection for sound. At my dorm I only have 2 outlets, and having a Macbook + Monitor + Light + Cell Phone power + 360 is too much.

Any ideas?

Yeah i have 2 outlets running my TV, 360, ps2, pc, monitor, router, modem, mouse, speakers, printer, charger, fan...

Two decent surge protectors should do the trick. If its a matter of being afraid to overload the outlet, you are still pulling the same amount of power even if you are running usb.

I just really want to know what are some good surround sound speakers, because my HDTV just isn't cutting it for sound quality.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I just really want to know what are some good surround sound speakers, because my HDTV just isn't cutting it for sound quality.[/QUOTE]

Myself and several other CAGs have this set:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121120

I picked it up for $220 a couple of Christmas' ago off of Amazon when it was on the front page deals.

REALLY REALLY nice speakers for the money. Though $300 is a bit high...you should go searching for a deal on these. Playing games like Condemned, GRAW and R6: Vegas is awesome on these. Especially Condemned. You hear the scariest shit all around you. Not cool.

I found the burn-in time or whatever it's called to be a bit longer than other speakers. So if you do get these, ease them in more so than you normally would.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Myself and several other CAGs have this set:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121120

I picked it up for $220 a couple of Christmas' ago off of Amazon when it was on the front page deals.

REALLY REALLY nice speakers for the money. Though $300 is a bit high...you should go searching for a deal on these. Playing games like Condemned, GRAW and R6: Vegas is awesome on these. Especially Condemned. You hear the scariest shit all around you. Not cool.

I found the burn-in time or whatever it's called to be a bit longer than other speakers. So if you do get these, ease them in more so than you normally would.[/quote]

whoa! those look scary!!!

"battle station.... armed!"

anyways, if you can't find a decent usb powered speaker, you can look for one that uses batteries. i just bought this
http://www.buy.com/prod/logitech-mm28-portable-speaker/q/loc/111/202021303.html

it takes AC power or 4 AA baterries.
it's about a foot wide, bigger than i expected. sound will fill a small dormroom.

Just get headphones...and if you are going to play with your roommates and you get a good pair just turned them all the way up and most good headphones are loud enough for everyone to hear.

Generally, USB powered speakers will be made for laptops, and will be much weaker than their regular equivalents, so as to not suck on the laptops battery. I say just invest in a nice 2.1 set - only two speakers and a sub won't take up much space, but it'll sound great.

I need to get myself some speakers too. Just watched The Matrix yesterday and had to blow out the speakers about 5x what I keep them at just to hear the dialogue.

bread's done
Back