Used Assassins creed 2 for $13 on Gamefly

I've heard great things about this game, but I never finished the first one. It was awesome at first but just felt like work to me about halfway through. From what I've heard they fixed a lot of the problems in the first one in this one so I want to give it a shot.

Here's my question though: should I finish the first before playing AC2? I'm not sure how much the storyline affects the game, and if I'll be missing a lot by just jumping right into AC2.

[quote name='brkptr']I've heard great things about this game, but I never finished the first one. It was awesome at first but just felt like work to me about halfway through. From what I've heard they fixed a lot of the problems in the first one in this one so I want to give it a shot.

Here's my question though: should I finish the first before playing AC2? I'm not sure how much the storyline affects the game, and if I'll be missing a lot by just jumping right into AC2.[/QUOTE] I haven't finished the first one as well and want to buy this one. What stopping me is the not free shipping for non-active member of gamefly. I also want to buy Bioshock 2 but no free shipping... I guess i have to wait for their free shipping promo.

I played the first one for an hour and gave up since it was pretty boring and repetitive.

The second one was one of the first games in a long time where I actually finished the single player, it's that good.

[quote name='Aleman']I played the first one for an hour and gave up since it was pretty boring and repetitive.

The second one was one of the first games in a long time where I actually finished the single player, it's that good.[/QUOTE]

Cool, so really there's nothing preventing me from enjoying the game if I haven't finished the first then? That's good to know... I've been putting off picking up this game because I just couldn't seem for make myself finish AC1. Nice that I don't really have to worry about that if I don't want to.

Definitely going to wait for the free shipping sale on this one though like others have said. I still have Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 in my backlog so there's plenty to keep me busy.

[quote name='cycophuk']Has anyone been able to explain why PS3 games usually seem to have a higher sale price than Xbox360 games? Not just for Gamefly, but in general period.[/QUOTE]

Install base trends and the buying habits of core vs casual consumers (there are more casual consumers on PS3).

bread's done
Back