USED Blu-ray Discs Now Available at FamilyVideo.com!

FamilyVideo

Official Representative
:bouncy:FamilyVideo.com is now selling Previously Viewed Blu-rays starting at $5.99.:bouncy:
We previously only had Previously Viewed DVDs available.

Examples:
Cars 2 Blu-ray Disc - $9.99
Bridesmaids Blu-ray Disc - $8.49
Ninja Assassin Blu-ray Disc - $5.99

More previously viewed Blu-rays:
http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/used_movies.php?so=asc&sb=products_price&keywords=Blu-ray Disc

Note: Expedited shipping is NOT available on used product, so you must order by Dec. 7th in order to ensure delivery before Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are any of these rental versions that are missing special features, and do they come with the original art and case or is it disc only?

"You are ordering a pre-viewed disc, complete with Original Studio Artwork and Case. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Extras, such as slip-cover, studio coupon books, promotional flyers, and digital/Ultraviolet copy are not included. Any bonus DVD or 3D discs & glasses are also not included. Disc may not include all bonus/special features."

Some great deals except you may not receive the above which kind of kills it for completists like me.

They're all ex-rentals, so yeah, it'll more than likely be missing special features, possibly have altered artwork (it'll say "RENTAL" somewhere on it), and will have the sticker in the center of the disc. It'll be blu only.

They need to edit their artwork so it doesn't show "blu + dvd" or "blu + dvd + digital copy", a lot of people would probably get mad when that's not what shows up.

Yeah, I agree--if it's a stripped-down movie-only rental then I won't order. Wish they would mark which ones are rental versions and which have the extras. Not worth the gamble for me. That's one nice thing about Go Hastings--Used is (supposed to be) safe and only Previously Viewed should be up in the air.

in store the pre viewed blue usually come with the slipcover but 50/50 on dig copy/dvd. some do some don't in store

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']"Disc may not include all bonus/special features."[/QUOTE]

That's a real shame. It pretty much puts it in the 100% do not want category for me.

[quote name='KyleN']Yeah, I agree--if it's a stripped-down movie-only rental then I won't order. Wish they would mark which ones are rental versions and which have the extras. Not worth the gamble for me. That's one nice thing about Go Hastings--Used is (supposed to be) safe and only Previously Viewed should be up in the air.[/QUOTE]

ALL of Family Video's inventory is ex-rentals, and they ONLY get rental versions of movies in stores. Whether or not the extras are on the rental versions is completely up to the studios. Some studios still rent out copies with the extras, some skip on the extras.. Disney skips on the extras and even worse, they don't even include menus with their rental copies.

Regarding Hastings, the only way you can get a rental copy of a movie if you order used is if someone had previously bought a PV version of a movie and traded it back in to the store. It's rare, but it does happen.

The Blu-rays we usually get are actually the full Retail versions of the Blu-ray discs with whatever special features the studio decided to put on them. Otherwise, currently, the way you can tell if it's a Rental version is if in the description it has the line "[FONT=&quot]Disc may not include all bonus/special features.[/FONT]", because sometimes a Rental version does sometimes have special features too, but if it's the regular Retail version, that line is absent.

If you've never ordered from us before, use coupon code: 3Q76NRR6
to get Free Standard Shipping. But hurry, in order to ensure you get it by Dec 24th, you must order by 12/07/2011 (which, coincidentally, is when the coupon expires). :)

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']Just wondering,are these prices the same in store?I know the selection might vary,but i have a store not too far away i might check out,thanks.[/QUOTE]

No, those prices are only good online. The Family Video store close to you might have lower or higher prices. Give 'em a call and check! :) Click for our Store Locator

in for a bunch of movies. GREAT prices.

(1) Crazy, Stupid, Love. Blu-ray Disc (USED) (883929192694) = $9.99
(1) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II Blu-ray Disc (USED) (883929140886) = $11.99
(1) Change-Up Rated/Unrated Blu-ray Disc (USED) (025192118654) = $11.99
(1) Limitless Unrated; Blu-ray Disc (USED) (024543759430) = $8.49
(1) X-Men: First Class Blu-ray Disc (USED) (024543750949) = $8.49

Total: $47.94 after coupon

would've got Thor and Cap'n America, but I wanted to get the 3D versions + I want to guarantee myself a digi copy for them.

[quote name='FamilyVideo']No, those prices are only good online. The Family Video store close to you might have lower or higher prices. Give 'em a call and check! :) Click for our Store Locator[/QUOTE]
Cool thanks.Theres one about 5 miles from me,think i'll try my luck there first :cool:.

My order of Captain America and Thor arrived today. Took 5 days to arrive from the date that I received shipment notification. The cases were in good condition and only had one sticker on the case which was easily removed. The discs were in good condition with only a sticker around the center of the disc which would identify it as a Family Video disc.

As was stated before earlier in the thread the DVD/Digital Copy was not included but that was no big deal for me but that might be a deal breaker for some people. Also no slip covers were included which once again some people get up in arms over.

As far as how it was shipped it was shipped in what can only be described as in a plastic bag with no padding.

Overall I was pleased though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recieved my copy of green lantern today. Didnt come with a dvd copy which isnt a big deal.

Also came with a ps3 digital copy voucher and a arkham city sinestro code.

Havent tried them out yet? Any way to test them out to see if they work without redeeming them?

[quote name='LordVila']Overall I was pleased though.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad! Thanks for trying us out; I hope you choose us again for your entertainment needs. "Like" us on Facebook or subscribe to our mailers so you don't miss any future coupons or sales. :D

[quote name='yohsh']
Also came with a ps3 digital copy voucher and a arkham city sinestro code.
Havent tried them out yet? Any way to test them out to see if they work without redeeming them?[/QUOTE]

They should work. The store it shipped from most likely put the codes aside when they first received it, to be given to the customer that buys the product. Again, not all previously viewed product comes with those codes, so consider it an unexpected bonus. ;)

bread's done
Back