Used DS Lite $99.99 w/coupon at EB/GS

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
EBC3003316.jpg

In-store only. Expires 9/20

i may too.. My ganestop has a huge stack of these. I should be able to find a good one. Anything to watch out for when buying it used?

i may too.. My ganestop has a huge stack of these. I should be able to find a good one. Anything to watch out for when buying it used?

[quote name='Burchamj']i may too.. My ganestop has a huge stack of these. I should be able to find a good one. Anything to watch out for when buying it used?[/quote]
dead pixles, messed up microphone, cracked hinge, yellow tint, pubes? man i would trade in my white one (~70) for a black/red one in a heart beat. im gonna be on the look out

[quote name='monkeydeew']dead pixles, messed up microphone, cracked hinge, yellow tint, pubes?[/QUOTE]

Name 5 bonuses you get when buying a used DS from GameStop.

I don't know why but I think I might take up this offer. I already have a ds but if I could trade some stuff in with the 30% deal and get this for under $50 cash after then I'll take it.

I just so happened to have like $103 in credit, so I went ahead and jumped on this. I was lucky enough to find a black DL Lite in perfect condition. Now my wife doesn't have to wait until I get home from work to play.

[quote name='Burchamj']i may too.. My ganestop has a huge stack of these. I should be able to find a good one. Anything to watch out for when buying it used?[/quote]

Besides the ones mentioned, I would say dead batteries and scratches on the screens(the touchscreen more importantly).

My girlfriend just took advantege of this deal. We walked outside and she turned it on. Both of us realized that the clerk had forgotten to give us the wall charger.

She was hoping for a pink DS, but it didn't occur to her that little girls also own (or in this case, once owned) pink DSs. The first one was covered in these huge, half pealed off Strawberry Shortcake stickers and the second one's top screen hinges were broken and wouldn't stay up or lock into place (Makes me question the quality control of Game Stop even further... and if the person who traded it got the same amount as the person who traded in a good DS).

So, my only advice is to check them out yourself. Make sure the screens aren't all scratched up, check for dead pixels or any weird screen problems, make sure it has a stylus, and finally that you get your wall charger (preferably the official Nintendo one).

Heh, I'm almost tempted to trade in my old blue DS... but I can't justify trading it in for basically the same thing.

Does that extra money for the trade in on an old ds for a new one still work. It just sucks that i dont have any money at the current moment to jump on this, maybe ill give the coupon to my boyfriend so he can buy himself one, i want one of the red and black ones.

Thanks for the coupon, I actually folded and used it to get myself a DS Lite (even though I am a huge fan of the PSP). I ended up trading in a bunch of games and only have to pay around $50 overall.....not too bad at all, especially when most of the games I traded in were old racing/sports games that I will never play again. I then bought myself Zelda Four Swords/Link To the Past (GBA) for $5 at my local store, and Final Fantasy III for $25 brand new :) It was a great day to say the least.

[quote name='hcamacho']For saving 30$, it's risky, better get new one, with warranty.[/quote]

thats why you should only buy the black/red one!!!

[quote name='rooter']uh im selling a used like new ds lite for $90 in the trade forum. no one has been biting on that :eek:[/quote]

i think its because at gamestop if you dont like the used ds lite you can always return back to them

[quote name='zizo79']how about the warranty guys ? how long does GS cover a used game console?[/quote]

I was thinking about that as well, but when I saw the Used DS Lite they had there and how it was basically flawless (no scratches, no dead pixels, etc), I figured I would be safe, hopefully. The one hinge is cracked, but its no big deal really...I put some super glue in there and you can hardly notice it now :p Overall, I am really satisfied.

The warranty gamestop gives you on consoles is one month by the ways, so if anything should happen to my DS Lite, lets hope it happens before then. lol.

Is the DS Lite worth the $20 more than a used, original DS? I don't care for aesthetics or a brighter backlight; are there features or accessories that work with the DS but not DS Lite?

bread's done
Back