Used Price Higher than New

Reason this is usually done (not sure why it's done with this) is because they'll usually have a mass amount of new games they're just trying to get rid of.

That happens when gamestop gets a game as a trade and gives a certain amount to the trader. Gamestop will NEVER lower the price of that traded in copy. A lot of times youll see two used copies of the same game at different prices. Thats because the more expensive one was traded in before the cheaper one and the trader was given more money for it.

[quote name='genfuyung']That happens when gamestop gets a game as a trade and gives a certain amount to the trader. Gamestop will NEVER lower the price of that traded in copy. A lot of times youll see two used copies of the same game at different prices. Thats because the more expensive one was traded in before the cheaper one and the trader was given more money for it.[/quote]

You couldn't be more wrong. All copies of a certain game have the exact same price.

[quote name='THoward7382']You couldn't be more wrong. All copies of a certain game have the exact same price.[/quote]

I could drive to any of my 5 local gamestops and give you tons of examples of how YOU couldnt be more wrong. If gas prices werent so high I probably would. Just for entertainment value.:bouncy:

Used copies are more because they come with a bonus
scratches
and GS saves you
the hassle of dealing with those pesky manuals and boxes.

[quote name='genfuyung']I could drive to any of my 5 local gamestops and give you tons of examples of how YOU couldnt be more wrong. If gas prices werent so high I probably would. Just for entertainment value.:bouncy:[/quote] Its actually because the game has been sitting there since it was that price, but the one at a lower price was recently traded in. The employees are just too lazy to change the price of the older one. If you actually go and ask them they'll change the price though.

They should scan at the same price. Only concern would be if you have a dickhead employee who manually changes it back to the high price.

I laughed when Gamestop raised the price of SSB Melee to $40 used when they were still selling new copies for $30. I mean come on.

[quote name='genfuyung']I could drive to any of my 5 local gamestops and give you tons of examples of how YOU couldnt be more wrong. If gas prices werent so high I probably would. Just for entertainment value.:bouncy:[/quote]

Thats bc the employees didn't change the price like they were supposed to.

[quote name='genfuyung']I could drive to any of my 5 local gamestops and give you tons of examples of how YOU couldnt be more wrong. If gas prices werent so high I probably would. Just for entertainment value.:bouncy:[/quote]

That happens because the employees are too lazy/busy to keep up with restickering games with the latest prices.

bread's done
Back