Using Gamesaves on 2 different xbox 360s?

nrfuller

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So I've become obsessed with my xbox 360 and now I want to get one that I can use at my girlfriend's place, rather than lugging mine over there and having to set it up each time, etc. But I have a couple of questions before I do that:

1. Will I able to just take my hard drive off my current xbox and keep playing the games on the second one, using the same game saves? This idea is pointless if I have to start the games all over again on the second machine, since I'm more than halfway through on a few of them. My hope was that I could just take the disc and the hard drive to the 2nd xbox, hook them up and keep on playing. Am I way off base about this?

2. Can I use xbox live on more than one xbox? This isn't really a huge deal and if the answer to question 1 is yes, I won't be too bummed out if the answer to question 2 is no. But in a perfect world I'd like to be able to access xbox live on the second xbox, so I can get achievements and what not. But again, just being able to play my games (and not have to start over on each xbox) is my primary concern here.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Rest assured, any input anyone could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes to both.

Obviously Xbox Live can only be signed in on one console a time, but you probably already understood that. If you don't want to carry your hard drive around you can do those things you listed with a memory card. $30 for 512MB is pretty expensive but it might be worth it for the convenience.

Well this is great, thank for the quick response. I didn't even know there were memory cards, that's even easier than taking off the entire hard drive. I see I can get a 256 mb card for like 13 bucks on amazon, you think that would be enough for game saves? And can I then take that card back to my original xbox and update my saves? If so- this could work out really really well.

Having just bought a 512 card for that very purpose, its way more than enough for all your saves. I moved like 30 game saves from my whole collection, and it left me with about 350MB of space on the card. It's good for playing on 2 different xboxes, just be careful that you don't do what i did.

I started to load up my saves on my memory card for transfer, thankfully only a handful, then I moved the card to my new xbox. I deleted my profile on accident thinking it was on the hard drive, not the memory unit, and bam the whole memory card went erased (since everything is tied to your profile).

That was really stupid of me but I didn't want any conflicts with my gamertag and didn't know what I was doing.

This is an important note nobody told me, there really isn't any "copying", only moving. If you move a save , it will actually leave the xbox and move to the card.

as a note some games don't let you move onto the memory card so get into the habit of creating the save file on the memory card.

if you go to friends houses alot or have multiple xboxs, a memory card is a great purchase. the 256MB was fine for me (still 150 left)

all of your XBLA/game installs/addons will run off the HD. If you move to someone else's machine you can redownload the games.

bread's done
Back