Using prepaid Visa debit card on Amazon?

rainking187

CAGiversary!
Feedback
407 (100%)
I got a prepaid Visa debit card for Christmas. I've gotten them before, but never used one online before. If I want to buy something from an Amazon marketplace seller what would be the best way to go about that? Should I just try and complete the purchase using the card, or should I buy an Amazon gift card first and use that? Anyone have any experience with this?

It's like a glorified gift card. So as long as the total amount due is on or below the amount the card has your good. Just type in the numbers in the credit card page like any other regular credit/debit card and remove it whenever you're done using the card.

You can use it like a credit card (as long as the total is less than what's on the card), however, then you're left with a balance on the card that's kinda hard to use online.

If you're planning on using the entire balance at amazon (eventually) just buy an amazon gift card (online, just have it emailed to you). That way you don't have to worry about using $3.29 somewhere later on.

Buy an amazon gift card with the visa gift card and put the money in your account, amazon gift cards don't expire so that money will be there for as long as you want.

Is the Amazon gift card good for all goods sold on Amazon, or only when Amazon is specifically listed as a seller as opposed to "fulfilled by Amazon?"

I was considering getting a gift card to purchase goods on amazon but was unsure which would be the better pick (visa/amazon gift card).

[quote name='Survivalism']I don't understand why you'd buy a gift card with the prepaid Visa. A prepaid Visa already works on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

The prepaid Visas become a pain in the ass when you only have a few dollars left on them. I've had situations using them in the past where I used part of them and couldn't use the rest without going online and checking what's left first, so I started just going to GameStop and getting a gift card for the full amount so I'm not struggling to remember how much is on them. Thanks for the help everyone but I'm super impatient so I just used the Visa to purchase the item from the seller. It seems to have worked fine.

[quote name='quirkers']Is the Amazon gift card good for all goods sold on Amazon, or only when Amazon is specifically listed as a seller as opposed to "fulfilled by Amazon?"

I was considering getting a gift card to purchase goods on amazon but was unsure which would be the better pick (visa/amazon gift card).[/QUOTE]

The gift cards will work for items sold by amazon & also 3rd party sellers. It doesn't matter if it's one of those "fulfillment by Amazon" sellers. As it's just another payment method to the seller.

bread's done
Back