Using Razer Onza TE controller on the PC (Having problems, help!)

Idiotekque

CAGiversary!
Feedback
244 (100%)
I have a Razer Onza TE for my PC, but no matter what I do, I CANNOT get the XBCD 2.7 driver to make the controller work! I can install the driver and it acts like the controller is recognized, but it doesn't work in games. It's a mess, the buttons aren't correct (X is B and B is X, only one stick works, up is down, etc).

Very frustrating!

Also, XBCD 2.7 comes with a setup utility. It acts like it installs fine, but when I try to open up the utility, it just makes an error sound and doesn't open. Ive installed it using "Run as Administrator" to no avail.

Can anyone help? I just want to get this controller to work. >.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, upon going through more nonsense, I got the utility to open, but that just means my problem is different (I'll change the topic title to mirror that).

Apparently some Steam games just AREN'T picking up the controller. I've seen people saying that they use the Razer Onza TE to play Saints Row: The Third, for example, yet when I try to, it has the problems I listed above. The same goes for Battlefield 3 (not Steam, and yes KB/M is better, it's just an example).

Is the ONLY fix for games like this to use JoyToKey/XPadder? Does anyone else use a Razer Onza TE for PC gaming? How do you get it to work?

I use that controller, and I used it on Saints Row 3 np. I never had to install any drivers for it tho, just plug n play. I actually tried it on BF 3 too, I used pinnacle profiler tho, even tho it worked just fine plugged in. I just I wanted to do some more customized controls to get it a lil more to my liking than the game was allowing.

bread's done
Back