Using the Apple iPod Easy?? Hard??

M

mmercer131

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. How easy are the Apple iPods to use?? Can I rip any of the CDs that I already own to my computer then transfer to the iPod?? Is there alot of security BS?? HELP!! Any info would help. I'm not really into the downloading music thing. I prefer to buy CDs. That 1Gig Shuffle looks awfully sweet!

Its pretty easy. Download iTunes for free and install. (http://www.itunes.com/) Just insert the cd into the computer and then rip the songs in one click. Then plug up the ipod, set it up and asks you how you want it to get the songs fom iTunes. Its very easy. You should have no problem as long as you have a USB 2 port USB 1 wouls work, but would be very slow. Most computers made in the past 2 years have USB 2. If your doesn't you can buy an addin card for it.

Yeah, it really couldn't be easier. I got an iPod about 2 months ago. I imported all of my CDs that I had ripped before into iTunes with no problems, and simply ripped new CDs in iTunes as I got them. Each time you plug your iPod in it updates your list of tunes and syncs it with the computer. It's pretty slick.

The security issues come more with purchased music from iTunes, but even that is easily backed-up by burning a CD and archiving it should something happen to your purchased music.

Hope this helps!
daroga

Thanks, that is EXACTLY what I wanted to know. Now If I can find a shuffle I think I'll buy one.

bread's done
Back