USPS Delivery Question

MrDubbs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
Alright, I"m waiting on a package to come, and the delivery confirmation is displaying some weird info.

bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, December 03, 2009, 7:49 pm, LANSING, MI 48924
bullet_circle.gif
Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, December 03, 2009, 9:20 am, ADRIAN, MI 49221
bullet_circle.gif
Sorting Complete, December 03, 2009, 8:50 am, ADRIAN, MI 49221
bullet_circle.gif
Arrival at Post Office, December 03, 2009, 8:22 am, ADRIAN, MI 49221

Now, I live in Adrian, and the package arrived here today at our PO. Didn't show up in the mail today, and now all of the sudden tonight it left the town and now is in Lansing, an hour and a half from here? Has anyone ever had the DC display weird things like this? it's starting to get me worried.

I wouldn't worry too much, the DC display is unreliable at best. Give it a couple days, and ask your mail carrier about it if it doesn't arrive by Monday or Tuesday.

Oh, yeah, I've had DC display all sorts of weird shit. Sometimes, I've had it display nothing at all until a day or two after the package is delivered. I wouldn't worry too much about it until after Saturday.

[quote name='Porksta']I had an item mailed to me from Pennsylvania. It went down to Florida before getting to me.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like the one package I sent out a while back. I was sending a package with guides to Virginia(I live in PA). It went all the way down the coast to either North or South Carolina, then took two weeks to crawl all the way back up the coast and FINALLY get delivered in VA.

And actually I just had a hellish experience with a package I sent out on the 21st of November.

I was in the midst of two trade deals, one package was going to TN and the other was going to MA. Which package do you think made it to it's destination first?:roll:

If you answered the MA one, you're wrong. That package was sorted FOUR times in the Boston, MA sorting facility, then disappeared for two days before finally being delivered after 11 or so days.

In all of the deals I've made recently, the DC information on the acceptance scan hasn't even showed up until 1-2 days after it was actually scanned.

So I feel for you, OP, but apparently the USPS' routes do not take into account the shortest distance between two points being a straight line. Yet they wonder why the hell they're in trouble.

I can also vouch for DC statuses either being wrong or just completely missing. I'd say nearly half, if not more, of my delivery confirmation statuses are incorrect on any given day. Only a few days after delivery do they correctly update, if ever.

I mean, I can understand the whole going to another state out of the way, then going to the right place. I mean it's the government after all. But to go to the destination city (supposedly) and then leave? that's just crazy

Don't mean to hijack, but I also have a USPS question, and rather than start a new one, I just figured I's post it in here.

Is it typical of USPS to not even update their DC page? My order was electronically processed or whatever on the 2nd, but that's all it's said for two days now.

[quote name='MrDubbs']I mean, I can understand the whole going to another state out of the way, then going to the right place. I mean it's the government after all. But to go to the destination city (supposedly) and then leave? that's just crazy[/QUOTE]

Like they said, wrong truck. I've had boxes make it to my town's post office, then go to the wrong city, then go back to the main sorting facility before coming back to my town's post office and getting delivered.

It's becuase sometimes, a few lines can make a multi state difference. We once got a letter for our house number, our street, our town name... but VA (instead of WA.) It's understandable, and very annoying.

And SEH, the page can't/ won't update unless someone scans the DC barcode on your box. Your postal guys probably missed it. It'll change as soon as someone gets them more info by scanning that.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']And SEH, the page can't/ won't update unless someone scans the DC barcode on your box. Your postal guys probably missed it. It'll change as soon as someone gets them more info by scanning that.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. thanks for the response.

[quote name='SEH']Don't mean to hijack, but I also have a USPS question, and rather than start a new one, I just figured I's post it in here.

Is it typical of USPS to not even update their DC page? My order was electronically processed or whatever on the 2nd, but that's all it's said for two days now.[/QUOTE]

Updates are few and far between and aren't used to reliably track a package, so I wouldn't worry about it for now. If nothing shows up for a week, then I'd start worrying.

Now it appears to be back in California. Even though i never refused delivery nor had an attempt at delivery. wtf is going on

I once had a similar experience w/ the package heading AWAY from my delivery address - turns out they claimed to have attempted delivery, couldn't find the address, and returned it to sender. Only happened once in a few hundred shipments, though.

Well, this is an package I won off ebay, from a repeat seller. So I'd hope he had everything listed correctly. This just sucks though, I hope I'm not made to repay for shipping

[quote name='SEH']Don't mean to hijack, but I also have a USPS question, and rather than start a new one, I just figured I's post it in here.

Is it typical of USPS to not even update their DC page? My order was electronically processed or whatever on the 2nd, but that's all it's said for two days now.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's more than typical. But anytime I've had a problem, I could take the DC# to a clerk in the PO and they somehow have magical additional information in their own computers. Their info doesn't always get linked with the info available on the web.

And 2 days is not long to wait for an update. After 4 days I might be worried, but as others said, sometimes things just don't get scanned and never appear until after they're delivered. I've only had 1 package lost after many decades of mailing with the USPS, so I wouldn't worry too much.

If it's a repeated problem, it always helps to speak to the postmaster or write a short letter and they might identify someone who's being lax in their responsibilities. It's really the only way they can ever find out that there's a problem.

Usps DC is a joke. I have had it say Received at facility all the way until 2 days AFTER I received it then it all of a sudden changed to delivered

I had a lovely experience with the USPS before. I had a package coming from the West Coast and it got to that one place that is close to Pittsburgh, PA which was about 2 hours away from me. So I look the next day and it's back in Des Moines, Iowa. So another day or two goes by and its back in PA and it did this cycle one more time before coming up to Rochester and finally to my town. It took like 2 weeks.

Well, my DC finally updated. My package is out for delivery today. Mail came and it wasn't there. God, USPS blows so hard.

I've had that happen before SEH, where the package is listed as out for delivery and it doesn't arrive until a day or more later.

I believe I even had a package listed as delivered before and it didn't show up till the next day. Then again, our mailman we used to have either had alot of streets to do or just liked to bs incessantly on his route, as we rarely received mail before 3-4pm and the one night we got it around 6 pm.:roll:

Turns out the shipping label had fallen off of the package, even though it somehow made it to Adrian. Seller will be shipping it again on Monday

bread's done
Back