USPS is at it again...

FlyingAce39

CAGiversary!
I ordered a copy of Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition :)ps3:) last Saturday from Red Dot (through Rakuten). The shipping was free (for me) via USPS. It arrived into my town this morning at 8:52. It was Out For Delivery at 10:04 A.M., and it was delivered at 3:46 P.M. Know what the problem is? It wasn't delivered to ME.

I went outside because I heard the mail truck come down the road, as I normally do. As I was walking outside, he was delivering mail to my next door neighbor (after me), so that eliminates anyone stealing it out of my mailbox, which means that either the mailman stole it or he delivered it to one of my neighbors and my neighbor isn't being so neighborly. (Keeping it for themselves as opposed to bringing it to me.)

But I wanna know what gives. Has anyone else had this happen? If my package isn't delivered on Monday, I'm gonna be REALLY pissed.

y did it take u so long 2 get mortal komat i have been enjoyin it since 2011... it can out 3 year ago.... otherwise if u pay 4 slow ship u get slow service... it is simple as that.

USPS is balls, plain and simple. I've had this happen and the headaches I experienced from trying to sort it out went on for weeks. Visit the hub where your post comes from and complain. Print off as much info as you can about the package and it's delivery and bring it with you. Do it first thing tomorrow Monday. Edited

I did this towards the end of last year, and lo and behold a day or so later, mail carrier dude showed up at my door and handed me the package in question.

y did it take u so long 2 get mortal komat i have been enjoyin it since 2011... it can out 3 year ago.... otherwise if u pay 4 slow ship u get slow service... it is simple as that.
Dude, troll somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had that happen to me this wednesday.  I ordered a game off Ebay and when I checked the tracking number, it said delivered 2:17 pm.  I checked my mailbox and I got all my normal mail but the package was not there.  Asked my neighbors and they said they didn't have it.  Pretty PO about it too.  Maybe my neighbors did keep it but  seriously wtf USPS.  I went over there and told them I didn't receive the package (which you should too and call them on their number).   

Try contacting your local PO monday morning before the carrier starts making deliveries(usually before 9 am).  

Had that happen one time, called and apparently the local postmaster chewed out the carrier for it.   Because they realized that he was scanning them as delivered and wasn't even attempting deliveries for packages(delivering them days later) .

Did they ship it exactly via USPS? Lots of companies have decided to use UPS/FedEx smartpost to handle their shipping and the tracking is wrong and it's a pain in the ass to wait for the package. They ship the packages in pallets literally around the country and then the only guarantee that it's coming is when you're really sure they handed it over to your local post office.

First off, I just wanna give props to tangytangerine's avatar and detectiveconan16's name being right next to each other. LOL

Anyways, the package, from what I understand, was handled by USPS all the way through. I checked my mailbox, my bushes, and everywhere else I could think of. They flat out didn't deliver it or delivered it to the wrong house. I'm gonna be calling USPS tomorrow (Monday) morning and raising hell. It's no secret that my mail man is lazy, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was slacking on delivering packages, too.

Oh, and for the troll, I've had MK for my 360 AND my PS3. I traded them both in (not at the same time) and I've been kicking myself since. Naturally, since the PS3 edition has Kratos, I ordered it for the PS3.

Not sure why everyone complains about USPS. Unless you want to pay $5+ for FedEx/DHL/UPS (God forbid you live in a rural area and they don't serve) to deliver a single game you shouldn't complain.

Did you ever think that maybe your seller mailed something worthless to a random business in your zip code? Pretty common scam.... the tracking will show delivered to "XXXXX" (i.e. your zip code) but of course you won't get anything.

Take the delivery confirmation number to your post office and ask where the package was delivered. They can tell which carrier handled that piece of mail based on the information on the label.

They'll then follow up with the carrier and see what, if anything, they can find out.

Not sure why everyone complains about USPS. Unless you want to pay $5+ for FedEx/DHL/UPS (God forbid you live in a rural area and they don't serve) to deliver a single game you shouldn't complain.

Did you ever think that maybe your seller mailed something worthless to a random business in your zip code? Pretty common scam.... the tracking will show delivered to "XXXXX" (i.e. your zip code) but of course you won't get anything.

Take the delivery confirmation number to your post office and ask where the package was delivered. They can tell which carrier handled that piece of mail based on the information on the label.

They'll then follow up with the carrier and see what, if anything, they can find out.
This is advice the OP should be following. The OP should go there with a copy of the purchase invoice, a copy of the delivery information and ask to speak to a delivery supervisor, who is over all of the delivery carriers out of that post office. The delivery supervisor will know which carrier handles the OP's address and can speak with that carrier to ask them what the issue was.

My guess if that the OP's package was scanned as delivered when they received it for delivery and won't be delivering it until Monday. I've had this happen with multiple packages going to my work where the delivery carrier is being lazy or doesn't have a hand scanner with the to scan the packages at time of delivery as scanned.

Regardless, going there with the all the info in-hand to the local PO should be the first thing the OP should be doing tomorrow morning.

I've had probably 3 packages that were misdelivered/lost over a thousand items in all my years on ebay from USPS.

Best value for the dollar across all carriers. It's not even close.

I normally love USPS as reasonable price for the quality. However, since the price hike I have had exponentially more problems. Part of it is supposedly storms, but a year ago they delivered packages in 20" of snow, yet two weeks ago they shut down the entire Sort Facility for two days because of 14" of snow.

I have had this happen a bunch lately, they are under a crunch to deliver more items on time and as such they are scanning things as delivered without delivering them. I had one day where I was expecting 31 packages, which yes is a lot and may have required them to make a separate trip. Instead they ended up scanning them all as delivered and left a note in my regular mail saying they attempted delivery but there was no response, which was 100% false.

Well, I haven't ordered anything lately, but all the USPS experience I've had has been fantastic. Naturally, though, it scares me when the package says "Delivered", and it most certainly WASN'T delivered to ME.

The last couple of days, I've been coming down with a cold. Last night, it hit me like a freight train to the head. I didn't get but a couple of hours of sleep. I ended up sleeping in until about 15 minutes ago. I called in sick to my boss, who was completely understanding, and I'm in no shape to go to the post office this morning. Besides that, they added something to the Tracking page. It says "Expected Delivery: February 24th, 2014". It still says "Delivered on Saturday, February 22nd", but it added the Expected Delivery line as well. :wall:

I'm gonna talk to my mailman and see just what the heck is going on.

The only problem I have had recently is that they sent an item out for delivery three times according to the tracker and then would send it to an office about 100 miles away...took me a week longer to get my damn package

The only problem I have had recently is that they sent an item out for delivery three times according to the tracker and then would send it to an office about 100 miles away...took me a week longer to get my damn package
I actually forgot to update my situation in this thread.

I went up to the post office on Tuesday morning and brought my order info and my tracking info with me. The lady up at the post office (Thank you whatever your name is!) found out what route I was on and told me that my regular driver actually was off that entire week. She found my package in the back and it was written, in pen, "Delivered to wrong address". Damn rookie substitutes...

Found out two days later that ALL of my mail that day was delivered to the wrong address. WTF!

Then why didn't you go and ask him where your package was?
Because I hadn't checked my mailbox yet. By the time I got to my mailbox, the mail driver had already delivered to my next door neighbor and the next neighbor over. She was driving out of the cul-de-sac when I opened the mailbox and didn't see my package.

bread's done
Back