USPS lost my Amazon trade-in games now what... ?

When shipping from amazon's UPS prepaid label for returns with around 20 returns I have made within the last few years, never once has UPS failed to deliver. I'm guess you didn't use the pre-paid mailing label...

You should've gone with UPS, especially with their $100 undeclared value insurance. I'm sorry you had it lost and hope you somehow get compensated.

You're pretty much screwed. They state on the trade in page that they are not responsible if they get lost or damaged during shipping.

Why use USPS when they're offering UPS anyway? USPS has been a freaking joke on how many packages they lose compared to UPS & Fedex. Plus, UPS usually gets it to the trade-in center quicker.

[quote name='CaoPi']When shipping from amazon's UPS prepaid label for returns with around 20 returns I have made within the last few years, never once has UPS failed to deliver. I'm guess you didn't use the pre-paid mailing label...[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you've never done a trade-in through Amazon. They only offer UPS shipping labels for returns. But they offer both UPS & USPS shipping labels for trade-ins. It's up to the person trading the stuff in on which one they want to use.

[quote name='tangytangerine']

I'm guessing you've never done a trade-in through Amazon. They only offer UPS shipping labels for returns. But they offer both UPS & USPS shipping labels for trade-ins. It's up to the person trading the stuff in on which one they want to use.[/QUOTE]

For video games, they've always required you to use UPS if you want a shipping label. If they now offer USPS, it's a very recent change.

I wouldn't even waste the time trying to do a follow up. It's hard enough trying to get USPS to cover something that was insured. With no insurance you don't even have a chance.

[quote name='PohTayToez']I wouldn't even waste the time trying to do a follow up. It's hard enough trying to get USPS to cover something that was insured. With no insurance you don't even have a chance.[/QUOTE]

yeap there is no use in doing anything.. they lost one of my packages with a tracking number... was told i had to wait 30 days to file a lost item report.. i go down day 31 and they tell me.

no reasont to file a report cause the post office will not look into it the only way they would is if you had insurance they would look into a way to getout of paying for the lost item.

Here's some surprising news. My games were shipped back to me with "Amazon reject late order" stickers on them. So... They got it, but after the deadline... Only conclusion I can think is Amazon being shady so they don't have to give me an $80 gift card... If I were to resend them I won't get that much back now... Thanks USPS and Amazon.

Now to find new places to ship/rec and shop...

I really don't understand why you would send out using USPS, since amazon provides free UPS delivery, and the USPS isnt really known for their refined workmanship

[quote name='VipFREAK']Here's some surprising news. My games were shipped back to me with "Amazon reject late order" stickers on them. So... They got it, but after the deadline... Only conclusion I can think is Amazon being shady so they don't have to give me an $80 gift card... If I were to resend them I won't get that much back now... Thanks USPS and Amazon.

Now to find new places to ship/rec and shop...[/QUOTE]

Since you shipped it usps, i'm assuming you did media mail or something slower or maybe you just shipped it late. Just admit you messed up and suck it up. No need to blame usps and amazon just to make yourself feel better.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I hope the USPS goes the way the dinosaurs soon... Thanks for the input people.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense...get rid of usps so there will be less choices for people to ship stuff...I'm starting to see a trend here.

[quote name='greggysasaki']Since you shipped it usps, i'm assuming you did media mail or something slower or maybe you just shipped it late. Just admit you messed up and suck it up. No need to blame usps and amazon just to make yourself feel better.

That makes sense...get rid of usps so there will be less choices for people to ship stuff...I'm starting to see a trend here.[/QUOTE]
:lol:It's nice when people ASSume that someone did this or that without proof, huh?

You know how many times the USPS has fucked up and given me other people's mail from both my own neighborhood AND from other neighborhoods around mine? A TON.

You know how many times UPS has missed a delivery date or given my package(s) to a neighbor? ZERO.

That right there speaks volumes to me.

As far as shipping past the shipping date is concerned, NorAm(the company in charge of Amazon's trade program) has done quite a bit of shady rejections in the past regardless of if someone has been beyond the ship date or not. There have been a LOT of rejections based on 'damaged/scratched' items that had not even a speck of dust on them.

In some cases it may have been that due to a screw up in their trade value software someplace the values were abnormally high on these items and this was NorScams way of getting out of paying these much higher values.

That's why it shocked me a while ago when they paid out numerous $200 gc's to CAG's who sent in fat model PS2's while that trade value was glitched.

So in closing, before you out and out blame the OP for being at fault, why don't you look at all of the other possibilities and places where at least some of the blame could fall?

[quote name='VipFREAK']I hope the USPS goes the way the dinosaurs soon... Thanks for the input people.[/QUOTE]

USPS is a cluster of incompetence. I went in with some textbooks I sold on ebay. I packaged them at home, and I gave them to the clerk. I asked her if everything was fine with them, and she said yes. Now, my two buyers want compensation for the "postage due" they received. And now, that same clerk tells me it wasn't the correct envelope, and shipping was $10.95 instead of the $4.95 I paid. Obama should have given them more than just one extra day off.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

You know how many times the USPS has fucked up and given me other people's mail from both my own neighborhood AND from other neighborhoods around mine? A TON.

You know how many times UPS has missed a delivery date or given my package(s) to a neighbor? ZERO.

That right there speaks volumes to me. [/QUOTE]

So should the fact that UPS costs significantly more than the USPS. And that UPS handles a significantly fewer packages than the USPS.

Look, for those of you wishing for the USPS to die out and whatnot, have you ever had to ship a game (a single, regular DVD sized game) using UPS? It costs $11 fucking dollars using the cheapest method. A seller asked me to have it delivered that way because USPS lost a package of his... the game itself was $8.

Both parties fuck up. I've had lost packages from both and guess what? Neither party has ever said, "Oh yeah, I delivered that package to the wrong house! Of course I'll take responsibility for it and have that marked on my performance evaluation!"

I hope the USPS doesn't die. Their prices are beyond reasonable for me to have to lose 1 out of 100 packages. For those really important packages, yes, I'll use UPS or FedEx but for regular old games (which make up a vast majority of my transactions), I'm fine with risking USPS.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']For video games, they've always required you to use UPS if you want a shipping label. If they now offer USPS, it's a very recent change.[/QUOTE]

Actually, when amazon first started game trade-ins, there was a USPS option with shipping labels and they covered shipping as I took a package or two to the post office that way before they switched to UPS. I sort of gave up on UPS trade-ins with them after my last package barely fit in the drop off box.

[quote name='Vinny']So should the fact that UPS costs significantly more than the USPS. And that UPS handles a significantly fewer packages than the USPS.

Look, for those of you wishing for the USPS to die out and whatnot, have you ever had to ship a game (a single, regular DVD sized game) using UPS? It costs $11 fucking dollars using the cheapest method. A seller asked me to have it delivered that way because USPS lost a package of his... the game itself was $8.

Both parties fuck up. I've had lost packages from both and guess what? Neither party has ever said, "Oh yeah, I delivered that package to the wrong house! Of course I'll take responsibility for it and have that marked on my performance evaluation!"

I hope the USPS doesn't die. Their prices are beyond reasonable for me to have to lose 1 out of 100 packages. For those really important packages, yes, I'll use UPS or FedEx but for regular old games (which make up a vast majority of my transactions), I'm fine with risking USPS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, at the end of the day it's still people running both services so there's going to be problems.

UPS is far from perfect. They used to regularly drop off packages for my neighbors at my house. The first time they had me sign for it, then the driver just left after he handed me the package and I told him the address was the neighbors. Second time, he just left the package at our place with no signature that was required. Since I've moved, half the time they leave stuff at the door that says signature required.

As for USPS, my local branch is pretty good. I think the only major screwup I got was a letter that had the same street address that was to go to Alabama (with a return address from Alabama) and somehow came to PA.

[quote name='pyoobez']Actually, when amazon first started game trade-ins, there was a USPS option with shipping labels and they covered shipping as I took a package or two to the post office that way before they switched to UPS. I sort of gave up on UPS trade-ins with them after my last package barely fit in the drop off box.
[/QUOTE]

Go to any Staples with a UPS Center, you can drop it off there as well for free.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:It's nice when people ASSume that someone did this or that without proof, huh?

That right there speaks volumes to me.

As far as shipping past the shipping date is concerned, NorAm(the company in charge of Amazon's trade program) has done quite a bit of shady rejections in the past regardless of if someone has been beyond the ship date or not. There have been a LOT of rejections based on 'damaged/scratched' items that had not even a speck of dust on them.

In some cases it may have been that due to a screw up in their trade value software someplace the values were abnormally high on these items and this was NorScams way of getting out of paying these much higher values.

That's why it shocked me a while ago when they paid out numerous $200 gc's to CAG's who sent in fat model PS2's while that trade value was glitched.

So in closing, before you out and out blame the OP for being at fault, why don't you look at all of the other possibilities and places where at least some of the blame could fall?[/QUOTE]

It's also nice to ASSume that a local problem must be widespread right?

Do you know how many times UPS has messed up a delivery of mine? A shit ton. Delivering packages to the wrong address, missing delivery dates - which when I called I was assured my package would be delivered that night (and in the end it wasn't).

Do you know how many times USPS has messed up my mail? Over the past 20 years only a handful of times which is pretty damn good.

Out of all of them Fedex is always godly though. They never mess up a delivery and are always on time.

Oh don't get me wrong. If it's a smaller package and it's coming via UPS I better be home to get it cuz otherwise the UPS ninja just drops it and disappears in a puff of smoke before I can even open the door.

But I've definitely had the USPS fuck up my packages more often than UPS, but then again I've only dealt with UPS when I had larger packages that companies sent that way(BLOPS Prestiges from BB.com) or when I still had Amazon Prime for the 2 day shipping.

I'm really happy that you got your stuff back/it wasn't lost!
USPS never lost any of my packages that I sent out.

Thanks unfortunately, I have had other things lost or not arrive to their destination. One that didn't make it was a 4ft by 2 ft thin card board package. How do you lose that... ?!?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Go to any Staples with a UPS Center, you can drop it off there as well for free.[/QUOTE]

Well, the closest Staples is in the next town over that's crowded with traffic. The UPS Center is the next town over on the other side. Still, it's too much of a hassle (especially since I don't drive.) so I've just been taking stuff to Gamestop or Best Buy for trades.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Here's some surprising news. My games were shipped back to me with "Amazon reject late order" stickers on them. So... They got it, but after the deadline... Only conclusion I can think is Amazon being shady so they don't have to give me an $80 gift card... If I were to resend them I won't get that much back now... Thanks USPS and Amazon.

Now to find new places to ship/rec and shop...[/QUOTE]

I would strongly advise you contacting Amazon regarding the incident. They may offer the older TIV if you have proof that you shipped it when you did. Amazon's pretty amazing with their CS.

Hmm.. I really don't have proof at this point. It wasn't sent back in the original packaging, threw the recipt away thinking it was sent... It's ok, I can just hold on to them. Thanks for the advice though.

I'm glad your games were not lost, I had an issue with the PO a few weeks ago, my package mysteriously disappeared. Amazon (surprisingly) refunded my movies and re-shipped my movies but not after 2 days of calling and a lot of time and patience. I still don't know if it is lost/stolen or thrown in some third class pile. I've delivered to quite a few Post Offices and I don't know if there all the same or what security they have on site, only the big sorting facilities are completely secured, all the local PO are easy to get into and when I deliver the packages I just put them in Bins and leave them in the back. I don't know how long they stay there but I don't see anybody rushing out to get them.

As far as this who is better crap, it really depends and if you get a lot of stuff take the time to get to know your delivery person. In the end it will end it will benefit the two of you.

I've never liked either option, I know they don't give a shit about people's shit, but will be happy to take your money especially since they're not liable. So I don't have a choice really...

So did you actually ship them before the deadline? You never stated that you did...

That being said, shoot Amazon an email. I got some things returned as 'damaged' where the TIV was 75% lower by the time they came back and Amazon gave me extra promo credit to make up for it and I still have the items.

Yeah, It was probably post marked (again, don't know didn't get my original packaging back). I did it a day after I made the trade in agreement. (I believe) 2 weeks went by. Usually... stuff mailed out gets to people faster than if I was receiving stuff.

bread's done
Back