USPS lost my PSP - RANT/Suggestions

Troz1820

CAGiversary!
Feedback
57 (100%)
2/27: Good News!
My PSP was delivered today. Who knows what happened... just hope it doesn't happen again!

:bomb:
I've got to get this off my chest and see if anyone here has suggestions.

On Feb 14th, I was able to get in on a limited-time offer of a Sony PSP for $109.99 plus shipping from chegg.com. They sold out in less than 5 minutes. Chegg ships the item the following day with USPS Delivery Confirmation. On Tuesday of this week the package still hasn't arrived so I check the DC# and it says it was delivered on Saturday, Feb 17! I knew there would be trouble from there...

My neighborhood has a set of boxes for mail, and the postal carrier leaves a key in your box when you have a package. I called USPS to see if the key was not placed in my box AND left a note for the carrier. I've yet to get a solid response out of them, aside from that it could have been mis-scanned or mis-delivered. After two days of dealing with USPS, I tried going through Chegg.com for assistance. They did not insure the package and say it's out of their hands thanks to the wonderful Delivery Confirmation.

Any suggestions before I really explode? Do you think my credit card would side by me if I tried a chargeback? Or would the Delivery Confirmation fuck me over there too?
:bomb:

It's the stores responsibility to get the product to you. They should have insured it, since they didn't do the credit card chargeback.

I thought all they were required to do was show proof of delivery... not necessarily to the right house, but just a tracking number?

Unless you paid to have them hand deliver it to you, it's not the store's responsibility to get the product to your hands. Once it's in the hands of USPS/UPS/Fedex, etc. with valid tracking , your issue is with the courrier service. You have to investigate with them exactly where it wound up.

I'd bet your credit card will cover you if the USPS can't end up figuring out what happened here. chegg will probably assume you are trying to cheat them and fight the dispute tooth and nail, but all you can do is give your CC the honest story and let them take it from there.

You should probably give it another couple weeks for the USPS to come through as I'm sure you have at least 30 days (maybe even 90+, depends on the card I think) from the date the charge was placed to start the dispute.

Thanks for the advice. Step one is going to be filing the official claim tomorrow with USPS. Wubb, I think you're right that I should wait for USPS to try to come through before making a Credit Card claim.

Very doubtful that they will, but I still think I need to file a claim to make a record of it. That way I can show my credit card company that a claim was made, if necessary.

[quote name='Troz1820']Thanks for the advice. Step one is going to be filing the official claim tomorrow with USPS. Wubb, I think you're right that I should wait for USPS to try to come through before making a Credit Card claim.[/quote]

Respectfully, do not wait to contact the credit card company.
Most likely USPS will not be able to assist with no insurance or signature required. Time's a wasting...filing with the CC company to reverse the charge will motivate the seller to assist.

I know that is the big thing with USPS or other services. I know when I order electronics from ONECALL.com they offer signature confirmation, but you can waive that and then it's all in your hands if something happens or it gets stolen from your porch.

Is it possible someone TOOK your package?

Similar thing happened to me, package was sent to me with DC#. The number said it was delivered a few days ago but I didn't see it. Luckily I called the post office and explained the story. They called back in 30 minutes claiming "Oh we just found it hanging around here, we'll ship it out tomorrow." Lucky for me I guess but just goes to show you that the post office could have easily misplaced it and will find it.

It wasn't possible for someone to take my package as USPS leaves them in a locked box, not on my porch.

Unfortunately they've already looked around the office and couldn't find it.

I should be able to get to the post office today to speak in person as long as my traffic going home from work isn't bad. If they're unwilling to assist then my CC is getting a call.

This is the inherent problem with the delivery confirmation system. The package was scanned as delivered but obviously it never got to you. I'd contact USPS and the credit card company and at least explain the situation.

Sorry to pile on but...I was waiting for a package from ebay. I was already having issues with the seller for paying for priority and it taking over 7 days to get it. I checked the dc and it says it was delivered on feb 22 at 11:01 am. I knew this was WAY wrong since I had recieved a game from a trader here yesterday and I saw the mail man go by at 1:20 pmish. So I checked the DC on that game and sure enough it was delivered at 1:25 pm. Nevermind the fact that since this guy took over, our mail service has been so shoddy its not even funny so getting complaints on him isnt new there. After an email to the post master my package showed up today yet still stating delivered yesterday.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had actual delivery dates different from what the confirmation number says online. I figure the courier does all the scans in one stop instead of doing each one at each stop, then everything gets screwed up if the route wasn't completed that day.

bread's done
Back