USPS Movers Coupons - Kinda screwed me over?

MrSneis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Not sure what I can do about this but a cautionary tale for some maybe...

I recently went through the USPS change of address movers coupon process so that we could save a few bucks on a new washer and dryer set with the 10% Bestbuy coupon.

Normally when I do ths, I submit the request and then I cancel it ASAP.  This time around I didn't bother trying to cancel for a few hours; I was met with a "try again later, we're processing this" type message.

So I cancelled it the next day none the wiser.  Seemed OK.

Fast forward about a month and I notice I am not getting packages via USPS.  When I track them I am getting messages like: "Your item was undeliverable as addressed at 9:26 am on December 5, 2015..... It is being returned if appropriate information is available." 

Considering I've ordered from these sources before and no changes have been made I get the impression that the change of address submission could be the only possible difference :(

I tried to talk to my local PO about this; it is the Holiday season so the wait was horrible.  The person I spoke with is generally a "disgruntled" worker, she's there about 50% of my visits to the PO so I know her MO.  At any rate she was not too happy to help me and basically said there's no packages she can find and there's nothing I can do but "wait it out."

So now all I can do is get packages in my wife's name or to my work address.  Nice.

Long story short, I guess my advice is cancel those damn change of address requests immediately or else.  The coupon probably saved us about $100 but the incovenience is defnitely bittersweet.  If anyone has any advice please let me know!

Yeah, it's kind of hard for me to feel much sympathy or agree with the topic that you got screwed over. If anything, I'm impressed by the post office's efficiency doing anything that quickly. Lol

bread's done
Back