USPS: round up or down on package weight?

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I'm a bit confused when determing weight for usps packages. For instance I have a package weighing 2.1 ounces. Does this mean I enter 2 ounces or I have to round up to 3 ounces? How does the rounding up/down work?

Wait now incredipony's links say "weight not over" so for instance wouldn't weight not over 2 ounces mean 2.1 would have to be moved into the next bracket of 3 ounces? Why do they have to word this shit so terribly.

I'm sorry that's the way is it. For First Class Package, weight scale between 1.1 oz. and 2.0 oz. is $1.05. So 2.1oz. - 3.0 oz. should be $1.22. I know USPS suck sometime.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'm sorry that's the way is it. For First Class Package, weight scale between 1.1 oz. and 2.0 oz. is $1.05. So 2.1oz. - 3.0 oz. should be $1.22. I know USPS suck sometime.[/QUOTE]

haha time to trim some of the cardboard I used for packaging and see if we can't get it to that 2.0 mark then.

MY BAD. I always use the APS kiosk to figure weight and price, but incredipinoy is correct. I try to keep things light because once they hit that next ounce it goes up to the next payment scale.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']haha time to trim some of the cardboard I used for packaging and see if we can't get it to that 2.0 mark then.[/QUOTE]
I use Legal Size paper to wrap it up and nothing else. LOL

You always round up when you purchase postage. First class has price breaks per ounce, priority mail has price breaks per half-pound and media mail has price breaks per half pound.

bread's done
Back