USPS tracking - possibly the worst tracking EVER

gsr

CAGiversary!
i ordered a DC+vmu from ebgames..so they shipped it yesterday..and i go ahead and try tracking it and it says "we have been notified that your item is ready for mailing" or some crap like that

UPS and fedex show you where the package is as it arrives..what is the problem with USPS? when they scan the package as it arrives, it should show up in the system right away imo

according to their website it says "updated every evening"..could it be vaguer?

Yea definitely the worst tracking system. Even when I have received the package, the information will not be available till a couple more days.

It's more of an online delivery confirmation than a true tracking system. If the USPS had to scan every piece of mail that went through their system, or sort out the ones that do have tracking numbers...the mind boggles.

I ordered sonic mega collection for 32 bucks when it was that much and the guy sent it usps confirmation. it said it was shipped to my address...it never came...the post office never received it...they dont know what happened to it.

COOOOOL.

When it comes to DC's on First Class mail, they tend to be lame.

Anything I tend to send of any real value, I send it Priority Mail, insured and with a DC. They tend to keep good status on it, from when I've been keeping an eye on them and seeing where they're at.

The ones I've kept an eye on when they were First Class didn't get updated much of all, if ever.

I guess when you spend a little more than First Class, they give you something better than no service?

Delivery confirmation is not tracking. It was never meant to be tracking.

If you check USPS' tracking page, it clearly lists under tracking:

Express Mail®
Global Express Guaranteed®™
Global Express Mail™

DC is more of a "so you know it shipped" service.

USPS my ass. Why do I pay 50 cents for DC? , I don't know.

I remember, when I lived in NYC they never delivered any packages, in my B area .They used to send last notice only cheapass Mother :censored: I pay them to send pakages, I pay my taxes to keep their ugly faces behind those glass windows. They raise prices on stamps every year at the same time their cheapasses saving money on gas. I went down POffice, manager didn't even deny it. He only understood me when I started talking pure Russian and after that everything was delivered on time .

just my 2 Cents.

[quote name='spidey']Delivery confirmation is not tracking. It was never meant to be tracking.

Express Mail®
Global Express Mail™

DC is more of a "so you know it shipped" service.[/quote]

that's funny..i think i know the difference between delivery confirmation and tracking

ebgames specifically says "click here to track your order" and they give you a tracking number

nowhere does it mention delivery confirmation

EB might not mention that it is delivery confirmation but when that package arrives at your door, that DC label is right on there.

Does it really make a difference if you can "track" your package or not? It will still arrive on time, neither earlier nor later.

[quote name='spidey']EB might not mention that it is delivery confirmation but when that package arrives at your door, that DC label is right on there.

Does it really make a difference if you can "track" your package or not? It will still arrive on time, neither earlier nor later.[/quote]

the idea is to get an estimation of when it might arrive so you can stay home if it's a high dollar item

In my experience DC is best if you want to know exactly where your package was lost or stolen, I bought a Maniac Cop DVD off of EBAY the guy said he shipped two weeks ago, but I've got bupkiss...he tells me I should have gotten insurance ironic because the auction specifically said NO INSURANCE Offered. Bottom line Insure your package if you want the PO to handle it with some repect. The last time I snagged one of those 10$ DCs Eb games never sent a confiramtion email and the PO had no record of it, then suddenly it just showed up a couple weeks later. You never know with the PO.

[quote name='gsr'][quote name='spidey']EB might not mention that it is delivery confirmation but when that package arrives at your door, that DC label is right on there.

Does it really make a difference if you can "track" your package or not? It will still arrive on time, neither earlier nor later.[/quote]

the idea is to get an estimation of when it might arrive so you can stay home if it's a high dollar item[/quote]

I don't know if it will work for you but I can tell through DC when exactly my package arrives. Whenever I order anything from a retailer online and it ships with DC rather than a real tracking, the package is always scanned at NJ before it hits NY. If I check the DC and it says that it is enroute at NJ, I will have it the following morning.

For example, I just ordered a pair of headphones via Amazon.
9102 1273 9179 0097 9987 40

Their tracking is an electronic equivalent of a Magic 8-Ball.

CAGer: "Where is my shipment?"

USPS Tracking: "All signs point to Yes."

I pay my taxes to keep their ugly faces behind those glass windows.

No you don't. The post office is self sufficient. They don't use tax dollars.

You guys need to learn the difference between tracking and delivery confirmation. All you can get with 1st class mail is delivery confirmation, to confirm it was shipped and recieved. Not to track your package on its route to your destination. Thats just not what it is.

Technically its not a tracking number its just delivery confirmation. Its crap. I lost out on $350.00 off of eBay because some jerk sent my stuff via USPS with insurance, they lost my package, the tracking stated it was shipped to my zip code but I never got my stuff, I was in contact with the seller as he stated he was filing a claim, and 3 months later of constant contact he disappeared and is no longer in eBay. I got screwed.

[quote name='gsr'][quote name='spidey']Delivery confirmation is not tracking. It was never meant to be tracking.

Express Mail®
Global Express Mail™

DC is more of a "so you know it shipped" service.[/quote]

that's funny..i think i know the difference between delivery confirmation and tracking

ebgames specifically says "click here to track your order" and they give you a tracking number

nowhere does it mention delivery confirmation[/quote]

It doesn't matter what EB says...plain and simple, USPS does not offer tracking on regular packages. Only on domestic or international Express Mail (that's the overnight/2nd day stuff, not Priority) can you request tracking. Delivery Confirmation is what you get with Priority, Media, FCM, etc., and Delivery Confirmation is not a tracking system. The only purpose of DC is, like BigNick said, to give sellers something cheap to cover their ass with if a buyer says they don't get their item. If you expect more from it, you expect too much.

bread's done
Back