Uwe Boll Out of Big Budget Films

Thank God! Although I respect him for pushing games being made into movies, HOWEVER he is one of the WORST Directors. I don't know why he keeps getting jobs. At least his reign of terror is over. Silent Hill is the only decent thing to come from him.

[quote name='pinkofloydo']Thank God! Although I respect him for pushing games being made into movies, HOWEVER he is one of the WORST Directors. I don't know why he keeps getting jobs. At least his reign of terror is over. Silent Hill is the only decent thing to come from him.[/quote]

He had no involvement with the Silent Hill movie.

I've only watched Bloodrayne. That was painful enough. Was kinda interested in the Dungeon Siege movie, but did not have much hope. The previews looked terrible.

[quote name='Dogpatch']I've only watched Bloodrayne. That was painful enough. Was kinda interested in the Dungeon Siege movie, but did not have much hope. The previews looked terrible.[/quote]

It Had Ray Liotta as some sort of weird Sorcerror guy...RAY FREAKING LIOTTA!! you cannot be more miscasted than that, I was waiting for Joe Pesci to show up in the previews and shank someone

Also, It had Jason Steak-Um's...What the hell is he doing in that movie?..

LOL! I had no idea he was responsible for "In the Name of the King". I kept seeing the commercials and thinking to myself, "God, that looks worse than a Uwe Boll movie." :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']When was he *in* big budget films?[/quote]

Studios backing him up thinking he's going to create a new "Resident Evil" movie franchise success...and well that didnt turn out to well

They fund him thinking..."Hey...This is going to be popular with the kids!, here you go boll, take these gobs and gobs of cash and make us a gold one"

They spent almost 60 Million on "In the name of the king" and grossed a 4 million BO.

Good bye suckers!!!

lined up a decidedly pulpy title for his next adaptation -- the video game shoot 'em up "Zombie Massacre."

OH GOD NO. NOT ANOTHER ZOMBIE MOVIE. WHY!?!?!

which if any of his movies were ever considered big budget ? they all seemed pretty low budget to me. like he scrounged for change in his couch recycled some cans and then used half of that total to make his films. not one of his movies was worth watching. im still rolling my eyes at how they tried to say his postal movie was so great when they interviewed him on g4. i hate when shows shill for movies that are shit.

[quote name='joe2187']Studios backing him up thinking he's going to create a new "Resident Evil" movie franchise success...and well that didnt turn out to well

They fund him thinking..."Hey...This is going to be popular with the kids!, here you go boll, take these gobs and gobs of cash and make us a gold one"

They spent almost 60 Million on "In the name of the king" and grossed a 4 million BO.

Good bye suckers!!![/QUOTE]

But don't his video game movies actually turn a profit, which, given their BO take, implies that they must be low-budget?

[quote name='mykevermin']But don't his video game movies actually turn a profit, which, given their BO take, implies that they must be low-budget?[/quote]

i think thats how he keeps making money. he buys movie properties that people think hey that would make a great movie so of ocurse peopel go to see it and depending on how much he spends on making the film ( cant be more than 1 or 2 million per considering how bad they all look and are) he easily makes back the investment plus extra. alot of crap movies make tons of money just off of hype and expectations.

look at snakes on a plane. i used to think they studios werent in on this but i think they have to be to keep letting him make movies. same thign video games based on movies a movie is good you hoep the game is good but like that matrix game it sucked but still made lots of money based on high expectations. at least they made up for it a little with path of neo.

[quote name='Snake2715']He did snakes on a plane? Thank god I never saw that.[/quote]
He had no involvement with Snakes on a Plane.

I still have not seen a single Boll movie.

Also, he has said himself how he continues to get money to make movies:

"Maybe you know it but it's not so easy to finance movies in total. And the reason I am able to do these kind of movies is I have a tax shelter fund in Germany, and if you invest in a movie in Germany you get basically fifty percent back from the Government."

However, I believe that Germany has changed their tax laws recently, and this is probably one of the main reasons he is having to quit making big budget films.

[quote name='Krymner']He had no involvement with Snakes on a Plane.

I still have not seen a single Boll movie.

Also, he has said himself how he continues to get money to make movies:

However, I believe that Germany has changed their tax laws recently, and this is probably one of the main reasons he is having to quit making big budget films.[/QUOTE]

QFT

[quote name='Krymner']However, I believe that Germany has changed their tax laws recently, and this is probably one of the main reasons he is having to quit making big budget films.[/quote]

Correct.

Kristanna Loken has to be dissappointed.

[quote name='Snake2715']He did snakes on a plane? Thank god I never saw that.[/quote]

no i was using that as an example of a hype drivien movie that made lots of money intitally and then petered out due to it being a shit movie. hype is one of the biggest things pushing movies it seems these days. look at cloverfield it could be an awesome movie and then again it could suck. alot of the hype around it is wtf is it? obviously theres a giant something but what? alot of people will see it because of the guy behind it and his current track record of hits. the rest will wonder wtf it is and not wanting to be left out of the loop will see it. i wont lie im curious myself but i just want to know what the monster is. and eventually it will be online so eh.

[quote name='mykevermin']When was he *in* big budget films?[/quote]

I believe his latest piece of garbage had a 70 million dollar budget.

They'll still do shitty movies based on video games, but we can all rest now that we know he can't fuck with any sucessful video game franchises that need a budget over $20 million.

[quote name='mykevermin']But don't his video game movies actually turn a profit, which, given their BO take, implies that they must be low-budget?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure none of his films ever turned a profit.

While he may have made awful movies, there have been far worse made. I mean, while watching Balls of Fury the thought crossed my mind that I'd much rather watch House of the Dead. It may be an awful movie as well, but at least that movie can get me to laugh.

bread's done
Back