Uwe Boll Sues Distributor of Bloodrayne

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://igo.ampednews.com/news/4343/

Apparently, Boll seems to be suing because his movie sucked so much that nobody wanted to show it.

not using the $10 million given to them for promotion and advertising of the film by Boll's production company.
How much did the movie cost to make that they had $10 million to advertise it?

"He had such bad publicity that I felt bad, and I wanted to help him out," Schramm said. "We made no money on this movie. Nothing. We lost. This was a complete financial loss. And he has the audacity to remove us off [the credits]." Schramm also made a statement about Boll's accusation over his company not holding their end of the agreement: "He was informed months prior to the release that January 6 was not a good day for him to release a movie and he will not get 2,000 screens," Schramm explained. "And he said, 'I don't care.' Get me whatever you can get me."

"His behavior is so out of whack, I don't even care what other movies he's doing," Schramm said. "I don't want to have anything to do with his company or him...Hollywood doesn't need someone like that. Hollywood doesn't need someone who's coming in from another country and demanding their way of doing things, and then in dealing with honest people like us, just taking advantage of us. He complains so much about people stealing from him and taking from him, and the one and only company that's left in Hollywood, us, that have done good business with him, now he's screwing us."

I'm hoping this guy sends news of this dispute to every other distributor he knows and has them pass it on so that nobody will deal with Boll in the future. I wonder how many more movies this guy will be able to squeeze out before distributors stop dealing with him. :whistle2:k

I always was surprised at the total lack of publicity Bloodrayne got, it never came to theatres here. I'm sure that's probably a good thing though, let's hope this stops him from murdering movies.

Let him rationalize his failures. If I FAILED BIG TIME, BIG TIME, BIG TIME, I'd like to be able to place some blame elsewhere.

The only thing that suprises me from that article, is the fact that there's actually someone who would want to be listed in the credits of one of Boll's movies.

But Bloodrayne was good, the chick wanted to get naked, unlike that straight-laced Tara Reid!

- Uwe Boll paraphrased

[quote name='Stuka']Ben Kingsley should be shot for even thinking about being in that movie.[/QUOTE]

he should fire his agent for getting him involved with that mess. He's probably the only one in it that has a decent reputation.

[quote name='thespillcanvas']The only thing that suprises me from that article, is the fact that there's actually someone who would want to be listed in the credits of one of Boll's movies.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Apossum']he should fire his agent for getting him involved with that mess. He's probably the only one in it that has a decent reputation.[/quote]

Talk about a downfall. fucking Schindler's List to Bloodrayne in 12 years?! What the shit!!!!

doesn't suprise me.

isn't uwe boll just a tool in the grand scheme? i remember reading that his horribly failing films are a huge tax write-off for some German investors. Like, they are fully aware he makes horrible movies, but that's exactly what they want. Think like, The Producers, only real and butchering videogame franchises instead of the Nazi regime.

yeah his movies are planned failures that rich germans "invest" in to get tax breaks. Good to hear he's being an asshat to american distributors and such.

Hopefully he's sucking dick for crack by this time next year.

[quote name='Stuka']Talk about a downfall. fucking Schindler's List to Bloodrayne in 12 years?! What the shit!!!![/quote]

Plenty of actors do this. Look at Michael Caine. He has been in some complete shit movies, but he has also won two academy awards. Look him up on IMDB and see some of the crap ass movies he has been in.

Like Bruce Campbell said, sometimes you take a role because it looks interesting, other times you need a new hot water heater.

[quote name='varsitygamer']doesn't suprise me.

isn't uwe boll just a tool in the grand scheme? i remember reading that his horribly failing films are a huge tax write-off for some German investors. Like, they are fully aware he makes horrible movies, but that's exactly what they want. Think like, The Producers, only real and butchering videogame franchises instead of the Nazi regime.[/quote]

Yeah the guy who's interviewed in article obviously didn't know that, and didn't know that many of the people involved in the movie WANTED it to fail.

God, a Metal Gear movie by this guy would be the best. I'm set for Bloodrayne in the Wild West, almost as cool as Power Rangers in Space.

[quote name='Stuka']Ben Kingsley should be shot for even thinking about being in that movie.[/quote]

Perhaps, but first we should all look forward to not watching:

Uwe Boll Presents:
Ben Kingsley in Hitman: Suck Money

I understand the German tax shelter theory, but why, WHY, do they have to release the crap here in the U.S.??? Keep the krap with the Krauts, I say.

This guy really needs to stop, I hope this puts a nail in the coffin. I really want to see video game movies, even mediocre would do but his shit is just that, shit.

bread's done
Back