Valentine's Day Ideas for Significant Other

Fortune_P_Dawg

CAGiversary!
Anyone? Don't get me wrong... I think this holiday is stupid just like any red blooded male, but it's my woman's favorite day of the year, so I have to do something.

I thought about writing my fiance a love letter and sticking it on her mantle under the present I got her on my way out the door in the morning. Is that sappy? Too sensitive? Too clingy? I've never written anyone a love letter before.

Ugh... what to do...

Are you really asking if it's a bad idea to tell your fiance how much you love her and how much she means to you on a day made for people to tell other people how much they love each other?

This is going to sound sappy so here goes. If it comes from the heart she will love it no matter what.

I hate myself right now for saying that.

thankfully me and my girlfriend are just going out to get dinner. It will cost me around $30 (Olive Garden) but not too bad I guess and we rarely spend money or go out, so not too bad.

I guess you can never go wrong with flowers, which would cost around $20. A love letter can work, but that only seems to work if you're in a very SERIOUS relationship, like married or dating a couple years. Might be too sappy early on in a relationship.

Anyway, Just something that makes her know you are thinking about her. ;) My girlfriend told me she just wanted to see me that day and didn't want anything. haha.

Love letters are always great! It really depends on the type of girl you're dating. If she likes that kind of stuff, why not?

Got my GF the Itazura coin bank. She's getting me a $30 steak and we're going to eat in. :D

If she works in an office, send her some flowers at work, because there will be other women receiving flowers, and if you send her something, she wont feel left out.

Writing a love letter is a good idea, but instead of just putting it somewhere in the house, have it mailed your home, addressed to her, if you live together, and if you don't, just mail it to her.

Note if your going to do flowers, if your Home Depot / Lowes has a greenhouse you can get alot of stuff there for a fraction of the price of a florist. I was going to get the gf orchids, but they were $50-$70 each from a florist (not to mention $10-$20 extra for delivery).

Instead went to Home Depot and got them for $20, plus I know if they die in 3 days home depot will replace them or refund.

Cook her a candlelit dinner at home, rent a favorite movie, and treat her to her favorite things...nothing says romantic like "I'm willing to go out of your way to give you everything you like."

All of this can be way cheaper than a night out at a restaurant.

Flowers would be nice. Unless she's allergic, then get her fake ones.

Or, if you want to spend some money you can go to lovebook.com and make her a "reasons why i love you" book.

Wow not one "stick it in her pooper" reply I'm :shock:.

If it's the women you really love, writing a letter is not sappy. Since she likes Valentine's Day then I think she will eat it up.
One of my ex's loved horror movies so we had a Nightmare on Elm Street marathon. Nothing says loving like Freddy Kruger ripping out someones heart.

Man... I'm dreading this Valentine's Day. We have a one-year-old, it's on a Monday, and we both work the next day. I've sent flowers, chocolates, gifts to her at work. I'm fresh out of new ideas.

I think a love letter is a great idea, although make sure you do get her some sort of gift as well :)...

My husband once got me an edible flower arrangement, which was so beautiful and yummy lol. They're a really good gift for any woman really.

I am wondering what my husband is going to get me this year :p Although he can't beat the best Valentines gift from 07, lol my son. It's his birthday, so valentines day isn't really valentines day for my hubby and i anymore lol.

Well, the gift is sort of... well... different. I bought her a pink & purple glass pipe, ha! She's my little stoner princess. :drool:

i'm kinda getting pissed at the idea that valentines day always = us men spend/buying/fawning over the woman. isn't this a holiday for lovers? where is my fawning? why dont i get to lose it if i don't get an awesome gift?

The holiday is easy, just stay single and never have to worry about it. Then the day after you can buy all the discounted goodies and candy you want.

Wow, am I the only guy who doesn't mind showing his girl a little love? I definitely don't hate V-day. After all, fellas, she puts up with your video gaming :applause:

My wife and I exchange small gifts for Valentine's day. I got her one of the Wicked Witch Funkco Plushies. She got me the Blackest Night Trade (Hardcover). We gave our presents early.

[quote name='gambit444']why dont i get to lose it if i don't get an awesome gift?[/QUOTE]

because you don't have a vagina. suck it up.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']My wife and I exchange small gifts for Valentine's day. I got her one of the Wicked Witch Funkco Plushies. She got me the Blackest Night Trade (Hardcover). We gave our presents early.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, she was all excited and gave me my gift early yesterday night. I got a Ed Hardy cologne giftset.

[quote name='gambit444']i'm kinda getting pissed at the idea that valentines day always = us men spend/buying/fawning over the woman. isn't this a holiday for lovers? where is my fawning? why dont i get to lose it if i don't get an awesome gift?[/QUOTE]

Because the whole point of Valentine's Day is to get laid - all you have to do is not screw up the gift and she's supposed to bang you. That's the implied contract. If she screws up your gift are you honestly going to say no to sex? I didn't think so.

[quote name='javeryh']Because the whole point of Valentine's Day is to get laid - all you have to do is not screw up the gift and she's supposed to bang you. That's the implied contract. If she screws up your gift are you honestly going to say no to sex? I didn't think so.[/QUOTE]

I say we wait for him to screw up and take turns plowing his girl.

[quote name='javeryh']Because the whole point of Valentine's Day is to get laid - all you have to do is not screw up the gift and she's supposed to bang you. That's the implied contract. If she screws up your gift are you honestly going to say no to sex? I didn't think so.[/QUOTE]

That's likely the stupidest post I've read today...

[quote name='LottaGames']That's likely the stupidest post I've read today...[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't been in the Super Mario All Stars 25th Anniversary Edition Re-Release Thread.

[quote name='Fortune_P_Dawg']Well, the gift is sort of... well... different. I bought her a pink & purple glass pipe, ha! She's my little stoner princess. :drool:[/QUOTE]

haha, that's awesome. can't go wrong there ;)

Well, we WERE going out to dinner at our favorite restaurant tonight but the mild cold I've had this week (caught from my husband) decided to blow up overnight last night and now I'm completely miserable. Just slept the whole day away. :wall:

We'll probably go next week instead.

[quote name='the_grimace']thankfully me and my girlfriend are just going out to get dinner. It will cost me around $30 (Olive Garden) but not too bad I guess and we rarely spend money or go out, so not too bad.

I guess you can never go wrong with flowers, which would cost around $20. A love letter can work, but that only seems to work if you're in a very SERIOUS relationship, like married or dating a couple years. Might be too sappy early on in a relationship.

Anyway, Just something that makes her know you are thinking about her. ;) My girlfriend told me she just wanted to see me that day and didn't want anything. haha.[/QUOTE]

You seem very wise. I bet you've had a lot of girlfriends.

She bought me MvC 3 today. I handed her my credit card and told her to get some clothes.

So when you think about it, I might as well just bought the game myself. Oh well.

Tomorrow we are going to our favorite sushi place. I'll probably grab some flowers too.

TBH I'm not really feeling V-Day this year so I'm just going to get her some Godiva Chocolates and some expensive ass flowers. Wow flowers are expensive...I might just skip the flowers and just give the chocolates LOL.

Last year I set us up for a romantic cooking class because she loves watching Food Network. So guys if you're having trouble thinking of something just pay attention to what she likes and do something along those lines together.

You wait until a few days before valentines day when pro flowers or 1800 flowers strarts dropping their roses to 19.99. Then you pay to have them delivered a few days before valentines to save on shipping.

What do men do for each other? I totally f'ed this one up because we got into a fight. He went and got some nice gifts and I got him a card that basically said "FU". So I'm going to just say I wanted to do it on the actual day.

[quote name='davo1224']What do men do for each other? I totally f'ed this one up because we got into a fight. He went and got some nice gifts and I got him a card that basically said "FU". So I'm going to just say I wanted to do it on the actual day.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious

and strangely at the same time

I'm 12 years old and what is this

Hate to break it to ya if you're only 12, but some couples are dude only. All is well though. We made up on Saturday (which was supposed to be substitute Valentine's Day ala why I was pissed) so now I wrote him like a two page love letter, drew a card, and got him "Exit Through The Gift Shop". Almost all of these ideas were from CAG so I can credit this website to saving my relationship.

[quote name='davo1224']Hate to break it to ya if you're only 12, but some couples are dude only. All is well though. We made up on Saturday (which was supposed to be substitute Valentine's Day ala why I was pissed) so now I wrote him like a two page love letter, drew a card, and got him "Exit Through The Gift Shop". Almost all of these ideas were from CAG so I can credit this website to saving my relationship.[/QUOTE]

What I quoted was two memes.

"What do men do for each other?" is a rather silly question, and it would be regardless of if you were gay/bi/straight. You do something on Valentine's Day that you think your SO will enjoy - something to treat them special so they know you care. Yes, for women this often stereotypically involves roses/box of chocolates/whatever, and doing the stereotypical norm might get by, but I'm sure many women would be pleased with you cooking them dinner and doing the dishes afterward. If someone's GF is a gamer, they might enjoy the gesture of sitting down and playing a game THEY like that you normally never play with them. If one's girlfriend is into art, take her to the art museum for a date. The point is - you have to know what your SO likes and then do some kind of gesture to show your SO that you care. So what do gay men do for each other on Valentine's Day? I'm sure it varies from couple to couple just like it does for straight couples. The only person who can answer that question is you because obviously we don't know your SO or what he is into.

Furthermore, your post is baffling because you seriously got him a card that said "FU." REALLY? Gay or straight that makes no sense. If you were in a fight / mad at your SO, Valentine's Day, at a minimum, would be a day to try to neutralize those bad vibes by not furthering the dispute. What did you think telling your SO "fuck You" on Valentine's Day would do other than make this dispute between you two worse? If anything you think you would have had the common sense to use Valentine's Day to try to turn things around and move past the fight.

And apparently you have, "thanks to CAG." But if you needed CAG to tell you how to behave properly on Valentine's Day to "save your relationship" you've got bigger problems coming.

So gay, straight, or bi, you get a "not sure if serious" and "I'm 12 years old and what is this" for your baffling treatment of Valentine's Day prior to your last post where you've apparently figured it out.

bread's done
Back