Valkyria Chronicales, new, for ~$43 USD at thehut.com (including shipping to the US)

oblongspot

CAG Veteran
(I posted this in the Valkyria Chronicles thread, but wasn't sure if a lot of people were reading that, so I posted here as well. Please delete if you feel this is an unnecessary post).

Please Note: If you purchase this version, you will require European PSN points to purchase the future DLC materials for Valkyria Chronicles from the Euro PSN store, as 62t noted below. I'm not 100% clear about how this works, so please ask someone else for clarification.

So in my quest to find a copy of Valkyria Chronicles in English, I chanced upon thehut.com, a UK-based online store.
http://www.thehut.com/hut/9997576.product
They're selling it for about 30 pounds INCLUDING shipping to the US (27 pounds for the game, and about 2 pounds for shipping), which is about $43 USD for a new copy.
I just placed an order, and they say that they'll take about 2-4 weeks to process the order, so hopefully that means they have it in stock. Now, they didn't specifically say that they had in stock (the website says "Usually dispatched within 2-4 weeks"), but at the same time the website does not say "out of stock" either.

Also, thehut.com has the platinum (ie cheap) versions of Uncharted and Ratchet, for about 16 pounds ($23 USD) each. Again, shipping to the US about 2 pounds ($3 US).

Last edited by a moderator:
the only downside is that you are going to need to get some euro PSN points when you want the DLC.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but... I thought Europe was in a different blu-ray region than the US? Also, wouldn't the game be PAL not NTSC? :whistle2:s

I want this game so bad but am waiting for it to hit that $40 sweet spot I have been waiting for. Don't really want to mess with European PSN points either.

[quote name='nekobi']Please correct me if i'm wrong but... I thought Europe was in a different blu-ray region than the US? Also, wouldn't the game be PAL not NTSC? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

All PS3 games are region free.

[quote name='nekobi']Please correct me if i'm wrong but... I thought Europe was in a different blu-ray region than the US? Also, wouldn't the game be PAL not NTSC? :whistle2:s[/quote]

PS3 games are region free, Blu-ray movies are not. Also ever since going into the HD era, PAL and NTSC doesn't matter anymore. As PAL and NTSC was just mere resolutions. PAL was 576p or something with a slower refresh rate (although they upped it later on) while NTSC was 480p with a faster refresh rate (again, not later on). Probably some other minor stuff too but that is the big picutre. Anyway, in the HD era everything is 720p/1080i/1080p and so it doesn't matter

Might matter if you play it on SDTV though. Works one way but not the other (not sure which tbh)

[quote name='barom']PS3 games are region free, Blu-ray movies are not. Also ever since going into the HD era, PAL and NTSC doesn't matter anymore. As PAL and NTSC was just mere resolutions. PAL was 576p or something with a slower refresh rate (although they upped it later on) while NTSC was 480p with a faster refresh rate (again, not later on). Probably some other minor stuff too but that is the big picutre. Anyway, in the HD era everything is 720p/1080i/1080p and so it doesn't matter

Might matter if you play it on SDTV though. Works one way but not the other (not sure which tbh)[/quote]
Well damn, now i'm tempted. :lol: Thanks for the info.

I don't see why Sega doesn't ship more. I picked it up launch day and I only managed the last (only?) copy at the very last store that sells games I checked. One copy, about 10 stores. Can't sell any if you don't ship any.

If you are in the EU region or don't care about the DLC, you should really jump on this deal!

The game is really awesome. I went from mildly interested before I had it to praising it everywhere after owning it. It's really a unique game that every RPG player should own.

Geh... This is tempting, but the indefinite wait is kinda killer. I was told by a GameStop yesterday that another store has a used copy. Said store is on my way back from work, so hopefully with a 10% off coupon and Edge I'll be able to get it for about the same cost. Used, but... now.

Ugh, just traded in a bunch of crap I don't use for it, oh well crap for a masterpiece is always a good trade (Mario Kart Wii, god). The DLC is coming out soon, I think in the next week or two.

If you can't grab this, it's honestly worth the price of admission, even as someone who normally shuns anime (although I loved Killer 7..) it's got a really nice storyline that really makes you think about things. Not to mention the gameplay is awesome too, it's really addicting, bit cheap at some points so far but overall extremely solid.

[quote name='somahead33']I want this game so bad but am waiting for it to hit that $40 sweet spot I have been waiting for. Don't really want to mess with European PSN points either.[/quote]
Good luck with that $40 price tage you're aiming for...(though I guess this deal, if it's in stock, is pretty damn close)

Has there been an announcement of DLC for this game? I haven't particularly heard of anything otherwise. I plan on buying these game NEW somewhere, because this game particularly I want to support the devs. But then again, I don't want to pay retail either.

bread's done
Back