Valkyria Chronicles $20 at GameStop NEW

[quote name='Casteor']Online, right?

I might go for it if more and more people say that games they get from Gamestop through online are factory sealed.[/QUOTE]

Yup online shipped for $19 and change.

[quote name='Casteor']I guess Gamestop just does that in-store then.[/QUOTE]
Don't get me started on Gamestop in store. I'd rather give away my old games than sell to them.

[quote name='dejeckt']Just cause of these little two words I'm out another $20.00 ^^
glad I did it[/QUOTE]
I own two copies of the game myself. You won't regret it. :)

[quote name='Darth Mallrat']Those of you who have already gotten theirs at this price, is it the regular or Greatest Hits edition? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Regular, I don't think there's a GH for this yet.

I already bought mine on release date, and the game value is well worth the price even more so. I did bought another for gift, and as someone pointed out the case is generic Blu-ray case with no Playstation on it (my original has Playstation word across the top). So either GS is pulling up something and reseal good condition game as new, or they did a second print of the game and use generic casing instead?

[quote name='nhatkthanh']I already bought mine on release date, and the game value is well worth the price even more so. I did bought another for gift, and as someone pointed out the case is generic Blu-ray case with no Playstation on it (my original has Playstation word across the top). So either GS is pulling up something and reseal good condition game as new, or they did a second print of the game and use generic casing instead?[/QUOTE]

Wait, this is for if you buy Valk Chronicles right now as "New" from Gamestop and have it shipped to you?

[quote name='Casteor']Wait, this is for if you buy Valk Chronicles right now as "New" from Gamestop and have it shipped to you?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It must be the later batch then, guess the initial and earlier batches has the Playstation wording on the case.

[quote name='nhatkthanh']Yes. It must be the later batch then, guess the initial and earlier batches has the Playstation wording on the case.[/QUOTE]

I just want to be guaranteed that I get an actual "New" copy of the game because that's what I'm paying for.

fuck scammers.

Decided to bite on this one, as I've got some credit to use, and I never got around to playing it before, when I owned it, and ended up selling it.

Got to the log in screen, after entering BEMERRY coupon, and the whole thing froze up. Can't even go to the main page, on IE or Firefox.

[quote name='Maskim']Decided to bite on this one, as I've got some credit to use, and I never got around to playing it before, when I owned it, and ended up selling it.

Got to the log in screen, after entering BEMERRY coupon, and the whole thing froze up. Can't even go to the main page, on IE or Firefox.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop must be busy processing orders right now from last minute shopping from customers like myself. It ends at 11:59 PM EST.

PS3 copy brand new only $19.99 plus shipping and tax, but still a great deal.

seems like a nice price when you compare to Amazon @ $50

I'm pretty sure this is in store as well--as I was able to pick up a sealed copy at my local Gamestop a few weeks ago.

[quote name='Denbo32']Hasn't it been this price for months now?[/QUOTE]

Yep, at least since the summer of 2009. Walmart stores have it for this price as well.

I bought it months ago from gamestop for this price. Still I encourage people to buy the new version of this game in order to support it. That is, if you're interested in rpg/strategy. I spent ~40 hours to finish the main game and am now on the paid DLC portion.

I really like this game, but haven't gotten back into it for some reason. I can't remember at which chapter I hit a road block. I want to play it more, but I think other games keep popping up in my to-do list. (Part of it might be lack of trophies, I am somewhat ashamed to admit.) Great game nonetheless!

I hit a wall too, got to the desert and was warned how hard it is to get through without losing men... and my interest just fizzled out.

[quote name='fadersdream']I hit a wall too, got to the desert and was warned how hard it is to get through without losing men... and my interest just fizzled out.[/QUOTE]

Was it actually hard for you? I think this game was typically found as hard for people that didn't play strategy games often. I found this game to be easy, but maybe because this is my genre.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Was it actually hard for you? I think this game was typically found as hard for people that didn't play strategy games often. I found this game to be easy, but maybe because this is my genre.[/QUOTE]

That's what EX Hard skirmishes are for :D

Once I understood the quirks of the game, I found it a bit too easy. The game doesn't do a good job of revealing those information.

Spoiler (Strategic) hints:
- Use your defensive orders: 1) "All Units Defend" (or whatever it's called) 2) "Caution". These orders help way too much in my opinion and narrows done the type of strategy a player would use. It drastically changes damage that hurts a lot to scratches that you can ignore.
- Lancers and Shock Troopers can really take attacks (no sweat) with just 1 of the defensive orders put on them. Scouts can take attacks good with the "Defend" and "Caution" put on them.

For many missions, I would use almost exclusively only Rosia (shock trooper) to destroy the enemies and capture the goal base. Edit: this only applies to like the 1st half or so of the game. Later you really do need to use practically all types of units.

[quote name='wiscobrando']PS3 copy brand new only $19.99 plus shipping and tax, but still a great deal.

seems like a nice price when you compare to Amazon @ $50[/QUOTE]

FEB10OFF

Worked for me :)

[quote name='HeSaveDave']this has been posted about 7 times.[/QUOTE]Actually, five times for GS dropping the price, and twice with Walmart dropping the price.

All those threads for GS have been merged into this one, so we don't have the repost threads any longer.

[quote name='LackeyZero']Once I understood the quirks of the game, I found it a bit too easy. The game doesn't do a good job of revealing those information.

Spoiler (Strategic) hints:
-
For many missions, I would use almost exclusively only Rosia (shock trooper) to destroy the enemies and capture the goal base. Edit: this only applies to like the 1st half or so of the game. Later you really do need to use practically all types of units.
[/QUOTE]

Ah ha.. I've gone through half the game using no orders. thanks

The game presents virtually no challenge from what I've seen. It's a great game if you're just getting into SRPGs but if you're a veteran, you will blow through this game.

It's worth the $20 either way, presentation is superb, upgrading your units is enjoyable and each battle feels fresh.

It's just that enemies in battles are really just annoying obstacles rather than challenging opposition -- which takes a lot of strategy out of an SRPG.

I'm nearly 20 hours in and I have't used a single Order yet.

[quote name='panzerfaust']The game presents virtually no challenge from what I've seen. It's a great game if you're just getting into SRPGs but if you're a veteran, you will blow through this game.

It's worth the $20 either way, presentation is superb, upgrading your units is enjoyable and each battle feels fresh.

It's just that enemies in battles are really just annoying obstacles rather than challenging opposition -- which takes a lot of strategy out of an SRPG.

I'm nearly 20 hours in and I have't used a single Order yet.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way, but I still loved it. However, I found the DLC Episodes to be very challenging.

[quote name='panzerfaust']The game presents virtually no challenge from what I've seen. It's a great game if you're just getting into SRPGs but if you're a veteran, you will blow through this game.

I'm nearly 20 hours in and I have't used a single Order yet.[/QUOTE]

What difficulty are you playing on? The higher ones can be quite challenging, even for veteran players.

The game rewards sound strategy for the most part and isn't out to punish you unfairly.

The first appearance of the Max's tank and "you know who" later was a pain in normal difficulty. Took me a few tries to get that accomplished w/o losing someone. Save often!

[quote name='bvharris']What difficulty are you playing on? The higher ones can be quite challenging, even for veteran players.

The game rewards sound strategy for the most part and isn't out to punish you unfairly.[/QUOTE]

To be honest I never remember being prompted for a difficulty setting. I only get that option before skirmishes.

If you can make it harder that would be great.

[quote name='takotchi']I certainly don't think it's worth full price ($59.99) but it is definitely worth $40 and especially $20.

That said, try Walmart first or wait for Gamestop's site to update. We all know Gamestop stores don't really sell "new" games. They'll take some disc from a drawer and slap it in a case for you and call it new, but for $20 you can probably do better. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I found that out the hard way. I bought a "new" copy of Persona 4 a while back, and just recently took the disk out and it was scratched. Damn crooks. Now I know to check the disks every time I purchase a "new" product there.

I'll have to check this deal out, though, cause I've been wanting this game. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

I've been waiting awhile for this game at this price... $20 was my breaking point. I hate giving gamestop business but for once they actually have a solid deal I am interested in.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Casteor']I just want to be guaranteed that I get an actual "New" copy of the game because that's what I'm paying for.

fuck scammers.[/QUOTE]

I got my copy from Gamestop last night and it is definitely a new copy. The way it was sealed didnt seem like a shady repackage job that Gamestop pulls and the game and case were in perfect condition.

bread's done
Back