Valkyria Chronicles 3 Demo

I got mines a week ago.

If you're like me and hated the 2nd game, give this one a chance. It's fixed everything wrong with the first sequel and then some. It's a little hard to understand the potentials since its entirely in japanese, but the missions are not too difficult and the most important skills (basically the main 3's super powers) are easy to access.

Also, the extra units are incredibly badass. They resemble the Gallian Militia more than the Lansael Academy cadets. my personal favorites include the sole mechanic in the team, the sandy blond male Shocktropper, Homer's sister, her assistant and the short haired shocktrooper with the sleeveless top. All of them reek of badassness.

If they released this on the PS3, I'd be all over it... but like VC2, I'm gonna pass on it. I seriously hate playing any slower paced games on the PSP.

The VC2 demo felt really cheap, so I know what you mean there. I wish developers would cater to the PSP more instead of making weaker iterations of console based games. I know VC2 is a solid game, but you shouldn't have to sacrifice game quality merely because you're on a portable. Think of a way to develop around just recreating what you did on the PS3.

A little creativity could of made VC a really special PSP franchise.

It took me a while to understand the changes. But I like it now. I wish they would just put more into the physics of the whole thing. At times, it's all over the place.

I'll get it, I'm a sucker for the series and some grinding, grinding makes it easier to fall asleep at night.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']It's gonna take a LOT for this series to get my trust back after the fiasco that was 2.... I am keeping my expectations low to guard my soul.[/QUOTE]

VC2 sucks? if so, that's a shame. I'm loving VC1 right now.

VC2 improves a lot on VC1's combat system. You're got more variety in terms of classes, most of the cast can unlock personal abilities through the mission system, and weapons have more options. On the battlefield, the gameplay is identical to the PS3 game with the exception of a reworked camera.

Where it falls flat is the cast being a storm of anime cliches and the story being very weak. The first game didn't have great writing, but the second one's is just...there. It definitely down plays the grim outcome of war more than the first game does. If you can get past that and put up with some horrible grinding, its a solid game.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Wow feels like VC2 just came out and this is already on the table.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect a US release before holiday 2011, if that. You got some time ;)

I loved VC2 (except some minor quibbles) and can't wait for VC3. I don't know why so many people hatin' on the fact that it's become exclusive to the PSP.

bread's done
Back