Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $20.46 at amazon

This is one of those rare games that's worth 59.99 as its Such a beautiful and amazing game. Need to get this game again for my collection. Too bad I couldn't get into part two as it just didn't have the heart that the first one did

[quote name='strait edge follower']This is one of those rare games that's worth 59.99 as its Such a beautiful and amazing game. Need to get this game again for my collection. Too bad I couldn't get into part two as it just didn't have the heart that the first one did[/QUOTE]

2nd.

I got it around the same price from amazon a few months ago and it became my favorite strategy rpg of all time, I highly recommend this game.

[quote name='espy605']Hoping they port the sequels to PS3 as part of the HD PSP remasters.[/QUOTE]

Oh god, that would be fucking amazing. I simply could not get into VC2 on the PSP- it just didn't feel right on a portable. I hope Sega does this but I doubt it since moving the games to the PSP was an indication that they weren't too happy with the sales of the first game.

I got it for $30 new but I agree that this game is well worth the $60 retail.

Buy it WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! Please Sega bring this back to the PS3!!!! Sadly Valkyria Chronicles 3 looks like it won't make it to North America.

According to camelcamelcamel, it hasn't been cheaper than $19.56, but appears to be on a downward trajectory the last few days.

Great price for this game, if you've been on the fence for VC, you should pull the trigger. This reminds me, I still need to finish the final mission.

Get this, I paid $25 for this back in January on Amazon and it was totally worth it. I never played an SRPG before and I was wary of picking this up, but I decided to get it because of all of the recommendations I heard. This has become one of my favorite games of all time, it just does everything so right. If you have the slightest interest in this game just get it. $20 is the cheapest it ever hits so you should jump on this before the price increases $5 or $10 like it always does.

ahh, I had this game before from buying a bundle of games on craigslist. Didn't look into the game and sold it. Now kinda regret it. Damn such a noob move.

This game does indeed ROCK! I actually did get into the gameplay of VC2 on PSP as well & I ended up putting more hours into that one. It's really quite good and improves many things but VC1 is obviously the superior presentation and story.

VC3 will you ever make it to the US!?!

[quote name='VaultDweller']seen it cheaper, but i dunno....been waiting for it to be under $10 a long time, do you guys think it will be $10 soon?[/QUOTE]

Dude, this game is EPIC! I know this is CheapassGamers but under $10...really? This game is worth $70, just buy it. If many people had we'd actually have more than just 1 awesome game from this series on PS3. I wish these guys made RockStar money so they'd make all PS3 titles including what they REALLY should be working on.......Skies of Arcadia 2 for PS3/360!

I still need to try the demo for this. I downloaded it, deleted it, redownloaded it a couple years later and it's still sitting there unplanyed. I just can't convince myself to try it. I absolutely hate SRPG's but people have told me that this one is somehow different. The problem here is people used to tell final fantasy tactics was great so I bought it and just could not stand the game. I've played and liked almost all the main line final fantasy games.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I'm not a huge fan of SRPGs, but I have always heard such great things about this game. I'll have to think about it.[/QUOTE]
The game's plot sort of has a strong anime vibe and there are a few cheesy moments here and there but the pros far outweighs them, the art work and graphics are just beautiful, one of the finest ever, the english voice acting isn't at all atrocious, in fact it's actually very good and this is probably the first time I preferred the English voice track over the Japanese one, if you're looking to spend less than $20, you're probably in for a long wait, but this is one of those games where it either shoot up in price or the lowest value will only be $20. You're probably not going to see it cheaper but then again black friday is rolling around soooo...

[quote name='Blaster man']I still need to try the demo for this. I downloaded it, deleted it, redownloaded it a couple years later and it's still sitting there unplanyed. I just can't convince myself to try it. I absolutely hate SRPG's but people have told me that this one is somehow different. The problem here is people used to tell final fantasy tactics was great so I bought it and just could not stand the game. I've played and liked almost all the main line final fantasy games.[/QUOTE]

This REALLY is different. I have a hard time enjoying Final Fantasy Tactics and Ogre Tactics too. So I'm not really a SRPG guy either, though I do very much enjoy the Fire Emblem series.

This gameplay is somewhat like a 3rd person shooter that you play in very short spurts. Basically you pick a person on your squad to move and you go all Gears of war (in a Japanese WWII anime kinda way) until you're ready to fire on someone at which point the enemies all freeze and you can take your time aiming and firing on them. Then you usually will end your turn and pick a different person from your squad and repeat this until you've moved everyone. Then the enemy gets to do the same.

It's hard to describe, but it's hard for me to imagine many people really not liking it. And trust me it's NOTHING like the slow, boring, menu driven, spend 10 minutes outfitting your party, can't see what I'm doing in this dumb isometric angled view, torture than Tactics games are.

Totally different animal here.

[quote name='Blaster man']I still need to try the demo for this. I downloaded it, deleted it, redownloaded it a couple years later and it's still sitting there unplanyed. I just can't convince myself to try it. I absolutely hate SRPG's but people have told me that this one is somehow different. The problem here is people used to tell final fantasy tactics was great so I bought it and just could not stand the game. I've played and liked almost all the main line final fantasy games.[/QUOTE]

I'm not big on SRPGs either, I didn't hate the game but I wouldn't say it's going to change your thoughts on SRPGS like some folks will, it's still a turn-based SRPG and as a sidebar I wasn't too big on the anime trappings. Of course how hard is it to try a demo? In the time it took you to write about how you were iffy on the game you could've been five minutes into the demo lol

Unfortunately, this came out on the bubble for trophy implementation. Which, if it had trophy support after release, I think it would have done better.

if you hate SRPG's then not really sure why you keep trying them =P Theres no game that will really change your mind on that

I guess this would be the closest thing to something that COULD, since you actually physically control and aim (kinda) with individual units, so its a bit more action oritentd, but its still a strategy RPG at heart

anyway, as people have said this game is awesome. Probably my fave rpg on the PS3. Most RPG's this generation are kinda meh.. the last great ones were on the PS2

The only 2 RPG's that i REALLY enjoyed this generation were this, and Tales of Vesperia

[quote name='EverNight']Dude, this game is EPIC! I know this is CheapassGamers but under $10...really? This game is worth $70, just buy it. If many people had we'd actually have more than just 1 awesome game from this series on PS3. I wish these guys made RockStar money so they'd make all PS3 titles including what they REALLY should be working on.......Skies of Arcadia 2 for PS3/360![/QUOTE]

ya... less than 10 bucks? Really? Jeeze, some people are insanely cheap. Anyway, this games been about 20-25 bucks on amazon for a while now, i dont think its gonna get much cheaper.

Just gonna echo all the people saying its a great game. I really enjoyed the story and characters a hell of a lot. Enough for me to watch the anime which actually wasn't bad either. My only gripe with this game would be the scoring system is kinda screwy. It really only rewards you for finishing maps as quickly as possible. Getting kills and stratigically and methodically moving through the map is always worse than just bum rushing the objective and ending it ASAP

OMG this game is sooo good! The only game that ever made me sad QQ I even cared for the minor characters.

Anyway I think the sequels to the psp cause of the anime. In japan the anime demographic would be more likely to have a psp then a ps3. Not only that but the production costs are a lot lower so you don't need to sell a million copies.

[quote name='jrhawk42']OMG this game is sooo good! The only game that ever made me sad QQ I even cared for the minor characters.

Anyway I think the sequels to the psp cause of the anime. In japan the anime demographic would be more likely to have a psp then a ps3. Not only that but the production costs are a lot lower so you don't need to sell a million copies.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this ! The story made me sad in some parts and some of the soundtracks made me choke up during the game.

[quote name='kouleefoh']you guys are really making me wanna buy this.[/QUOTE]

80.jpg
DO_IT_$$$$$$_by_CommissarChristoph.jpg

It's a lot of fun.

Go it from a CAG member here for $10 new last year, its one of my favorite game on PS3 so far. :applause: $20+ is still a great price for a game like this, i say grab it.

[quote name='kouleefoh']lol i'm afraid i'll get silenced if i tell u why. :lol:[/QUOTE]

lol im curious as hell too now. Whats silenced mean anyway? they cant post?

[quote name='Kenshindono']lol im curious as hell too now. Whats silenced mean anyway? they cant post?[/QUOTE]

Lesser version of temporarily banned. For a certain amount of time you can log in and see the pages and use the features but you can't post.

bread's done
Back