Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $49.99 @ Amazon

fatez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
61a7nW8b6pL._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Valkyria-Chro...UTF8&coliid=IGUZG56FSK9G8&colid=3IWQON3G5V66I

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I don't believe so because the deal is in their next week's ad. If you remember their recent commercials, CC prides themselves in having the same price online and in-stores.[/quote]
Hahaha, you mean that awful commercial where the girl is having coffee with the digital camera? You make a valid point, sir.

[quote name='arnoldhead']Hahaha, you mean that awful commercial where the girl is having coffee with the digital camera? You make a valid point, sir.[/quote]

OMG i just saw that not five minutes ago.

What a dumb commercial, they need to fire their advertising people. that made me not want to shop there even more.

[quote name='IheartGames']another obscure mediocre game priced the same as the good games on PS3[/quote]

This may be the best JRPG (actually a JSRPG) so far this generation, but obviously everyone has their own tastes. This game highlights a lot of stuff I used to love about Sega.

Bought, I was gonna wait for CC tomorrow but I decided to go with Amazon. I would have wasted more than the 5 dollar diff in gas anyway, I don't live anywhere near a CC. In supporting this I hope they'll move on a Skies Of Arcadia using the same engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='koji126']My order was shipped earlier this week and I emailed them last night about this then received an email saying that I will get a $7.00 refund.[/quote]

Wait, so you got a refund, but someone else, who posted earlier, was denied the refund. WTF? Well, off to email Amazon and try to get my refund.

Hmmm...I do wonder if I can return my copy to Amazon after I receive the $10 coupon. I'd do that and just buy it at CC for $45.

the official policy is no price adjust. You might get lucky if you get someone clueless

Last edited by a moderator:
I was given the official policy line about "no adjustments" when I emailed about my order for this game. I will keep trying, though.

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']Mediocre? Ha you honestly have not played this. Its better then 90% of the garbage that is out on either platform.[/QUOTE]

The reviews are coming in and hey--- they're all really good. What a shock, it's not a "mediocre" game like the poster before you said. Feeding trolls is bad.

EDIT (rather than double post):
-Amazon is still supposed to have the pre-order PRICE GUARANTEE. If you pre-ordered the item and it drops, they should refund. This is the only time they should be refunding given their dropping the "30 day" price change.

Awesome game. Finally, the PS3 gets some exclusive RPG love and it's fantastic to boot. I hope Sega would use this engine to remake or make a new sequel for Skies of Arcadia.

[quote name='tyrjal']Is it just me or did circuitcity.com take it off their site?[/quote]
Yes. Apparently they did.

[quote name='eau']Yes. Apparently they did.[/quote]

Yeah it's gone, I knew it I just knew it. So glad I ordered when I saw this deal. Playing hide and seek with CC is not fun, this type of crap is the reason they are going down. As soon as the sale became active the took it off the site it was there last night at 59.99 coming soon.

[quote name='bigl523']Well it's 8am sunday and it hasn't dropped yet on amazon :( Guess I'll be making a trip to CC this morning.[/quote]

Yeah good luck with that, its still a decent price here I will pay the 2 more dollars and buy it Amazon the hassle of CC is not worth 2 dollars.

[quote name='bigl523']Well it's 8am sunday and it hasn't dropped yet on amazon :( Guess I'll be making a trip to CC this morning.[/QUOTE]

last week amazon didnt change the price till monday

This is a must buy for me, though I'm conflicted as to when. The point about Sega's games dropping in price rapidly is true (just saw the awful "Beast Rider" at Target yesterday for $40). But the point about supporting a great game in hopes of getting more (i.e., Skies of Arcadia), is making me want to pull the trigger.

Either way, I'd grab it amazon. No shipping or tax (here in CA), so it evens out, and saves me time to purchase it on amazon.

@Zune Duck! If that's correct about Monday, that might be enough for me to cave.

[quote name='forgot2panic']This is a must buy for me, though I'm conflicted as to when. The point about Sega's games dropping in price rapidly is true (just saw the awful "Beast Rider" at Target yesterday for $40). But the point about supporting a great game in hopes of getting more (i.e., Skies of Arcadia), is making me want to pull the trigger.

Either way, I'd grab it amazon. No shipping or tax (here in CA), so it evens out, and saves me time to purchase it on amazon.

@Zune Duck! If that's correct about Monday, that might be enough for me to cave.[/QUOTE]

In fairness, the Target also drop happened on Pure and other games depending on volume sold v. volume ordered at that Target. GTA IV LE, Madden 09 LE and others have recently fallen into that heap.

Superstar Tennis got universal drops just as quickly. I'm not saying that Beast Rider won't suffer the same fate, but the "universal" drops are more telling about a games success and the publisher's attempts to actually move units.

Nothing at CC this morning so I just went next door and a nice girl thought she saw them in back. Sure enough, I used her name and price matched it at counter.
I would not bank on seeing VC at CC this week.

thanks op, just ordered this with the guide ($12+) seeing as my pre-order from gamestop didn't come with the art book they promised... grar!

[quote name='Gandhi']Same here, price matched at Best Buy. Did not even bother with Circuit City.[/quote]

Been having trouble with petty managers at BB in recent times.. Giving me the old I will have to call to see if they have it stock, or now that all the CC's within 25 miles of me are closed, BB claims they don't have to price match, Two BB's too it's not just one. Now with CC going out I see nothing but trouble on the horizon with BB, I already have a bunch or arrogant asses now at my BB's.

[quote name='tightclaws']Been having trouble with petty managers at BB in recent times.. Giving me the old I will have to call to see if they have it stock, or now that all the CC's within 25 miles of me are closed, BB claims they don't have to price match, Two BB's too it's not just one. Now with CC going out I see nothing but trouble on the horizon with BB, I already have a bunch or arrogant asses now at my BB's.[/quote]
Yup, this is what happened to me this morning. I went into the two CC stores near me and they both are closing so no Sunday ad and no VC either. I went to 2 Best Buy stores to price match and both denied me stating CC is no longer a competitor. :cry: I am thinking of buying a copy Amazon and return that copy to GS since GS also screw me out of the preordered art book. :bomb: No preorder bonus, no deal with GS.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']Yup, this is what happened to me this morning. I went into the two CC stores near me and they both are closing so no Sunday ad and no VC either. I went to 2 Best Buy stores to price match and both denied me stating CC is no longer a competitor. :cry: I am thinking of buying a copy Amazon and return that copy to GS since GS also screw me out of the preordered art book. :bomb: No preorder bonus, no deal with GS.[/quote]

Yes Best buy hasn't been a best buy for a long time, I started having this trouble a year ago, even with CC close. I'm starting to hate BB I will buy anything online just to avoid BEST BUY.

I tried to email Amazon about the price guarantee thingie but got this response:
Hello from Amazon.com.

Thanks for writing to us about the recent price change on "Valkyria Chronicles".

I understand you bought this item from us just recently at a different price. Unfortunately, we cannot extend a refund to you for the difference between the original price and the lower price you saw posted on our website.

While we don't always beat the best available price on every product, we do offer deep discounts on many thousands of items. From time to time, prices on some items will change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we cannot extend these discounts to completed orders.

I understand you may have taken advantage of a 30-day price guarantee policy in the past. However, that policy was discontinued on September 1, 2008.

I hope you will understand our limitation in this regard.

I hope you'll be able to take advantage of the many discounts we offer on your next visit to our store.

I don't believe it qualitifes for the Preorder policy as well since the price changed about 48 hours after it was in stock. Oh well.

I just placed my order at amazon. CC would've been a little cheaper but they don't even have it on their site anymore. Besides, they have awful commercials.

if i bought and opened a copy from best buy. u think i can buy one from amazon and return it to best buy?

[quote name='drknmky']if i bought and opened a copy from best buy. u think i can buy one from amazon and return it to best buy?[/quote]
Yes, as long as you still have the BBY receipt.

For $45, I may bite.

I may pick it up but I have to agree with the trolls.. it's super slow paced, the range is a guessing game, and the aiming is clunky. All opinion gathered from the demo. The presentation and graphics are nice, but the game left me sleepy.

[quote name='foundation']For $45, I may bite.

I may pick it up but I have to agree with the trolls.. it's super slow paced, the range is a guessing game, and the aiming is clunky. All opinion gathered from the demo. The presentation and graphics are nice, but the game left me sleepy.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I kind of agree with this as well. When it is fun, it is pretty fun, but then add on the incredibly difficult sections of the game that consist of cringing for what feels like ages as the enemy uses up 20 CP destroying sections of your army.

Generally there's a pretty structured strategy you need to use to defeat a particular map, and figuring out something close to that kind of takes away from the real attraction of an SRPG. Take a look at the GameFAQs S-Rank guide, almost every mission has you running a buffed up Scout to the enemy base as quickly as possible and ignoring a good portion of the map. Where's the fun in that?

But I'm still playing it bit by bit, and I'm not far from finishing it. I just think it has a lot of flaws that most of it's supporters are striving hard to overlook, and that's fine because it certainly does deserve support and hype.

Having a $10 drop is so much better than getting a $10 gift card in return, but this is amazon! can't go wrong with that.

[quote name='buckythekat']wonder if Amazon will drop it another $5 sometime this week[/quote]

They are probably watching CC, I bet if CC never gets it on its site at that price Amazon won't bother to match it, plus I'm betting the price goes back up once they hit a certain amount of sales. I'm betting that will be sooner than later. If your gonna buy it at a reduced price your time is running out. Once its back up to $59.99 you won't see this game cheap for a long time if ever , Sega will stop printing them.

Sold at at Circuit City in Rego Park, NY. (near the LIE). Nexy shipment to come in tuesday afternoon fromw hat they told me.

[quote name='superdry']Wait, so you got a refund, but someone else, who posted earlier, was denied the refund. WTF? Well, off to email Amazon and try to get my refund.

Hmmm...I do wonder if I can return my copy to Amazon after I receive the $10 coupon. I'd do that and just buy it at CC for $45.[/QUOTE]

Yep that is correct. I did get my refund and here is the email they sent me. I emailed them the day I received a shipping confirmation and saw this price update. Then the next day, I received my game which is strange since I chose free shipping and wasn't expecting this till the week after. Below is the reply they sent. I also had this game preordered for a while...since Sept 29.

Hello from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry that the price update was not applied to your order.

To correct this error, I've requested a refund of $7.00 to reimburse you for the amount you were erroneously charged. This refund should be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days.

We'll send you another e-mail to let you know when it has been completed. To view the status of a refund, click the "Your Account" link on the top right-hand side of the Amazon.com homepage then click "View Recent and Open Orders" in the Orders section. Completed refunds will appear at the bottom of an individual order's summary page.

Completed refunds appear at the bottom of an individual order's summary page.

I hope this solution is satisfactory and apologize once again for this inconvenience.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

[quote name='koji126']To correct this error, I've requested a refund of $7.00 [/quote]

Agh, Amazon.

Put me on the list of people who e-mailed them about this discrepancy, and then received an e-mail that basically said "too bad". Although I followed it up with an e-mail asking if I could refuse the package and re-order, and they said that was fine. This is a wonderful way to screw people that took the time to pre-order the game though.

Hmmm, I should probably buy this now considering Circuit City just filed for bankruptcy. Think this will be the best price I'll see this at for a few months.

Does this games (from the demo) seem like it came out of the old Sega to anyone else? I mean this could have been a Saturn game, going by the demo. It's like...where the heck has Sega been hiding themselves?

[quote name='b3b0p']If you factor in tax and travel costs (time, gas), Amazon seems like a better deal to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm thinking it's basically the same price for me. At least $2 in gas (until the price goes back up) and probably that much in wear and tear on the car, etc.

[quote name='Armenius']Unfortunately, I kind of agree with this as well. When it is fun, it is pretty fun, but then add on the incredibly difficult sections of the game that consist of cringing for what feels like ages as the enemy uses up 20 CP destroying sections of your army.

Generally there's a pretty structured strategy you need to use to defeat a particular map, and figuring out something close to that kind of takes away from the real attraction of an SRPG. Take a look at the GameFAQs S-Rank guide, almost every mission has you running a buffed up Scout to the enemy base as quickly as possible and ignoring a good portion of the map. Where's the fun in that?

But I'm still playing it bit by bit, and I'm not far from finishing it. I just think it has a lot of flaws that most of it's supporters are striving hard to overlook, and that's fine because it certainly does deserve support and hype.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...well that's unfortunate. From the demo you can't really tell that. Still, the demo is crazy fun IMO.

Feels more like Dreamcast to me hehe. Great little system that was :(

& called Circuit City a few minutes ago. Didn't get a shipment in yet so I'm gonna try again later. (Rego Park, NY as always)

bread's done
Back