Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $49.99 @ Amazon

fatez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
61a7nW8b6pL._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Valkyria-Chro...UTF8&coliid=IGUZG56FSK9G8&colid=3IWQON3G5V66I

Personally I liked the Saturn and Genesis/SegaCD more, but yeah, point is it feels like a Sega game. Like something you would have expected to play on a Sega system, not this trash they've been pumping out since the Dreamcast's demise :(

From the demo, to me it feels like as if Sega had never stopped making good games. They used to be one of my very most respected developers. Actually Nintendo is getting iffy for me too now (hmm...maybe Sega will make a comeback and Nintendo will go away...that would be ironic).

[quote name='tightclaws']Once its back up to $59.99 you won't see this game cheap for a long time if ever , Sega will stop printing them.[/QUOTE]
That's a bit of an assumption.

[quote name='fundogmo']Agh, Amazon.

Put me on the list of people who e-mailed them about this discrepancy, and then received an e-mail that basically said "too bad". Although I followed it up with an e-mail asking if I could refuse the package and re-order, and they said that was fine. This is a wonderful way to screw people that took the time to pre-order the game though.[/quote]

Just keep emailing, maybe youll get a different CSR the 2nd time around. I emailed the first time and was ignored, and the 2nd time, I complained about not getting the $10 GC from the preorder and they refunded my credit card $10. So I basically got the game for $57-$10 = $47 shipped

[quote name='doris520']went to circuit city again and they got nothing........................ lam rego park[/quote]

If you have a BB near you just go and pricematch.

[quote name='manhole']Just keep emailing, maybe youll get a different CSR the 2nd time around. I emailed the first time and was ignored, and the 2nd time, I complained about not getting the $10 GC from the preorder and they refunded my credit card $10. So I basically got the game for $57-$10 = $47 shipped[/QUOTE]

I just got my code yesterday. I had emailed them awhile back but I didn't email them recently. Sucks that you cannot use it toward a waiting to ship pre-order. However I did cancel one of my orders and reordered it with the code perfectly fine.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I just got my code yesterday. I had emailed them awhile back but I didn't email them recently. Sucks that you cannot use it toward a waiting to ship pre-order. However I did cancel one of my orders and reordered it with the code perfectly fine.[/quote]

Did you email them about this game specifically or was it something else?

Has anyone else received the code yet? I haven't, but since it hasn't been 10 days, I am going to wait a bit longer.

[quote name='kintanos']Did you email them about this game specifically or was it something else?

Has anyone else received the code yet? I haven't, but since it hasn't been 10 days, I am going to wait a bit longer.[/QUOTE]

It was a code for buying this game from Amazon. I used it toward Eternal Poison for the PS2.

BTW - I love the game so far. Not too far into it but I see myself playing it to completion very soon!

[quote name='bigl523']If you have a BB near you just go and pricematch.[/QUOTE]

some of us have giftcards for cc or even the gamers club card so its cheaper at cc..but yeah @_@

I had 0 problems to get 2 of these from a CC pricematch at bestbuy. came out to 48.14. I just stopped by cc picked up a ad and went to bb like 3 blocks away.

Played the demo and the game is fantastic. I ordered it from Amazon and saved myself the hassle of having to go get it at CC or BB.

just finished doing chpt 3 and this game is amazing. really polished, the characters feel whole, beautifully designed and the story is progressing at a good pace. I could possibly say that if this game continues to impress me, this might be the best thing on the ps3. Even the VA seems flaweless, although i still choose jpn. everytime a vid comes on i feel like QQ since its so lighthearted. btw an anime adaptation was recently announced.

No retailers had this here. I had to go to the EB in the town over the border and get their one solitary copy. So ridiculous.

[quote name='djlbass']I got mine at Walmart, they will pricematch the CC ad as well.[/quote]

I had to do this as well, but thankfully Walmart was just walking distance away.

I've noticed VC is hard to find right now, what gives? Friend of mine couldn't find it at Bestbuy or Target. You may have to ask if its in the back and hasn't been put out on floor yet. That's what someone at BB told him and he's going back to get a copy.

Forgot to mention the Walmart I went to had a stack of VC, so it wasn't in short supply there.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason my best buy had a ton of these, like 10-12 copies. I PM'ed the CC ad at Walmart which also had quite a few copies in stock.

[quote name='expane']8.25% tax in CA means I almost always go w/ amazon[/quote]
Cost of the game at CC + 8.25% is still less than the cost at Amazon, and you don't have to wait for it to ship...

[quote name='Monroeski']Cost of the game at CC + 8.25% is still less than the cost at Amazon, and you don't have to wait for it to ship...[/QUOTE]

True, but when you start throwing in time and gas and the fact that you could very well possibly come home empty handed, the Amazon deal sounds pretty lucrative. Plus, releases being as they are with possibly enough great stuff this holiday season to rival any one yet in gaming, there's a good chance we all have something else to keep us busy to make the wait caused by shipping a little less painful.

+ I hate circuit city w/ a passion after buying a TV and having to deal w/their corporate customer service. I intentionally avoid shopping there at all costs.

They also have a shady price listing practice.

Caved in, Circuit City still hasn't gotten their shipment & they don't know when before sunday. Toke a bus to CC, got the ad then walked in the rain for 15 minutes to Best Buy -_-

Thought I would have to walk around & talk just to save $15 but I just toke it to register & left after 2 minutes :) $48.18 from what I remember (too lazy to look for the receipt)

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Caved in, Circuit City still hasn't gotten their shipment & they don't know when before sunday. Toke a bus to CC, got the ad then walked in the rain for 15 minutes to Best Buy -_-

Thought I would have to walk around & talk just to save $15 but I just toke it to register & left after 2 minutes :) $48.18 from what I remember (too lazy to look for the receipt)[/QUOTE]

Same here... I too caved in. Went to CC picked up an ad and went to BB for the price match and used a coupon for $5.00 off. 39.99 and tax out the door. I have a feeling that this game will drop to $29.99 but hopefully not soon.

[quote name='Monroeski']Cost of the game at CC + 8.25% is still less than the cost at Amazon, and you don't have to wait for it to ship...[/quote]

Except CC still don't have and I got my Amazon order days ago...

picked up my copy at BB, PM'ed to CC. The CC near me in CA said they never got the shipment. I guess it's on one of those trucks that turned around :)

The same thing happened to me last week when I went in Thursday. They said they never got a shipment of the game in. I took the ad and price matched at BB as well.

bread's done
Back