Valkyria Chronicles

lunatic1

CAGiversary!
Any deals on the new RPG on PS3? I missed the release week GC deals... If anyone has played this game... What is the absolute highest price point you would buy this game? 49.99? I'm about to just go to a bestbuy and just pull the trigger for full price if this game is worth it. Post your opinions. Thanks in advance -TL1

My friend is completely hooked on this game, and keeps telling me to go buy it. I really want the game, but I'm looking for a better deal as well.

[quote name='jling84']My friend is completely hooked on this game, and keeps telling me to go buy it. I really want the game, but I'm looking for a better deal as well.[/QUOTE]

It looks fun. I've seen multiple trailers and I've been waiting for a good RPG to get hooked onto. Hopefully a good deal is somewhere to be found soon.

Well I don't know if this counts but if you have a paypal account, and recieve an email from paypal about this deal, anything you buy from walmart from 50+ using paypal they will deposit 20 dollars back into your account. this is how I did it, and I look foreward to cracking out on VC on thursday! Beware however, the deal states that its only good if you recieved the email on the account your paypal is registered to.

I'd buy at full price to be honest. It'll motivate Sega to produce more games like this. It's probably one of the best games I've ever played on the PS3 and is going to have some DLC soon.

It is the only game in my PS3 library that I paid full price. Not even Uncharted, GTA4, Metal Gear Solid 4 made me do that on release day.

It seems worth it to me. Once I get some giftcards for BB like I do every year for Christmas, I'm gonna cave-in and get it at whatever price it is there (most likely MSRP).

Wow, I have yet to read a bad (or even negative in any way) comment on this game. I will keep my eyes peeled for this Used at Gamestop. With the 20% off used cellfire coupon and 10% off used Edge Card would make it about $40. Though a deal at $40 new would be nice :)

I am going to do the Toys R Us Buy 1 get 1 $20 off to get a "deal"; I figure I can knock out a holiday gift and get a "Cheap Ass" bonus for myself!

[quote name='NJMane']Wow, I have yet to read a bad (or even negative in any way) comment on this game. I will keep my eyes peeled for this Used at Gamestop. With the 20% off used cellfire coupon and 10% off used Edge Card would make it about $40. Though a deal at $40 new would be nice :)[/QUOTE]

I thought that the cellfire coupon recently died...?

You could pick it up from ebgames.com (which allows free shipping over $25 as opposed to Gamestop.com's $50) with the $10 coupon for roughly $50 new.

Hmm, I'm still in wait mode. I get what people are saying about paying full price for encouragement and all, but these times is rough! I'd prefer to get a sale price wherein Best Buy or other company is taking it in the shorts, not Sega, unless someone feels strongly enough about the game to subsidize me $20 :p

[quote name='SuedeGopher']Hmm, I'm still in wait mode. I get what people are saying about paying full price for encouragement and all, but these times is rough! I'd prefer to get a sale price wherein Best Buy or other company is taking it in the shorts, not Sega, unless someone feels strongly enough about the game to subsidize me $20 :p[/QUOTE]

That sounds reasonable. If you have any interest though, definitely grab it when you can afford it. You won't be disappointed.

good srpg... but pretty shallow (I like grinding and going for those crazy items)
personally, I think you would get the full experience in a rental (assuming you will commit anywhere from 12-24 hours into this game)

I want a sequel (bought one cause I support Sega when they actually make an effort)

This game is one of the few games worth the full price, and it sells fucking 33k. Thanks a lot. You just sent the message to sega to stop making anything good and make more Sonic games. Because of your sins we're going to have another god damn sonic game in early 2010

[quote name='Paco']This game is one of the few games worth the full price, and it sells fucking 33k. Thanks a lot. You just sent the message to sega to stop making anything good and make more Sonic games. Because of your sins we're going to have another god damn sonic game in early 2010[/QUOTE]

Haha... I hope you aren't serious. Even if every CAG bought a copy, this game wouldn't break 100k in sales. On top of that, Sega would still pinch off another steaming Sonic game in 2010.

I'm thinking this may be the first game in a long time that I'll buy for full price. It seems like a game that will be really hard to find in six months. It's disheartening to hear that this game isn't selling well.

He is right though, not many games these days are worth $60, but this is absolutely one that is. Not surprising sales weren't that great though.

The reason this game failed saleswise is because Sega didn't do any marketing for this game and did a shit load for Sonic... burn Sonic... burn in hell!

bread's done
Back