Valkyrie Profile 2 $19.99/Dragon Quest Rocket Slime $14.99 @ Amazon

gunm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
actually OP, VP2 is still goin for 29.99 around here when i check so that's a good deal, thanks.

Check your local Kmarts for VP2. I bought it for $15 and afterwards the priced dropped even further. I don't think $20 for VP2 is all that good of a deal. Dragon Quest Rocket Slime is a much better deal at $14.99. :)

I just saw a copy of DQ:RS @ one of my local Kmarts last night, complete with a clearance sticker on it for $20 or so I think.

I saw that and Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin in the 'front lane' game display(that big ass cardboard display stand they put those games in). But, since I don't have a DS, I passed on both.

[quote name='Rodster']Check your local Kmarts for VP2. I bought it for $15 and afterwards the priced dropped even further. I don't think $20 for VP2 is all that good of a deal. Dragon Quest Rocket Slime is a much better deal at $14.99. :)[/quote]

VP2 is great for the first 5 hours, but then the repetition of the battles REALLY sets in--I had a blast with the first few chapters of this game, then the joy just completely wore off. Shame.

Just throwing in my two cents for rocket slime. Buy two copies with the other going to a friend who can keep up with you in game time and you can have some epic tank battles near the end. Also, if you're turned off by cutesy graphics... well what are you doing playing a Dragon Quest game in the first place?

[quote name='AwRy108']VP2 is great for the first 5 hours, but then the repetition of the battles REALLY sets in--I had a blast with the first few chapters of this game, then the joy just completely wore off. Shame.[/quote]

Hehe and being the completionist I am, I went through the Seraphic Gate 10 times to get the Angel Slayer sword.

Just imagine the grinding I did for that...with every battle being almost exactly the same. It was brutal :p I still liked the game, though, and at $20 it's something that should definitely be picked up.

[quote name='Rodster']Check your local Kmarts for VP2. I bought it for $15 and afterwards the priced dropped even further. I don't think $20 for VP2 is all that good of a deal. Dragon Quest Rocket Slime is a much better deal at $14.99. :)[/QUOTE]

If only my KMart kept up with their mark downs. The game section looks like it hasn't been touched in years (They just stack new releases vertically on top of older games because they don't have the shelf space.

OP - Whose the hottie on your avatar? *hawt*

EDIT - VP2 is OOS, but DQ is still there...

missed out on VP2. and here i was gettin an order ready on Amazon. i could've sneaked that in with all my work related orders...haha.

kmarts don't have it around here...i've been to 5 of them. if i finish the psp one, i might just pick up a used copy of VP2 from gamestop. there's a few good ones sitting on the shelf @ $24.99 ($22.50 or so w/ the edge card)

Should've known better than to think I could get in on VP2 AFTER work (didn't feel like digging up another bargain title I wanted at the crack of dawn).

Ah well, no big loss. One of those games only want out of mild interest on the cheap (and wasn't dirt cheap or anything)

Yeah, my KMart doesn't keep up with price cuts either. Damn, VP2 is out of stock? Looks like I got lucky in getting Amazon to refund me the diff, again, thanks to the OP :)

Woot, decided to bookmark VP2 and checked just now and picked up the one copy they had. Guess it was either a cancel or they found more copies heh. Hopefully it wasn't an error cause i'm about to finish VP:Lenneth for PSP.

[quote name='joeyatog']if it's not a deal-of-the-day or a lightning deal, the price should be the same when they get more in stock.[/QUOTE]

You never know with Amazon. A game could have five different prices all in the same day with them...

bread's done
Back