Valkyrie Profile

ShockingAlberto

CAGiversary!
Yes, yes, I'm fully aware. I'm not going to find it for "cheap," but I'm looking for it as cheap as possible.

Anywhere between $50 - $70 is fine with me. All the eBay auctions usually start off low, around $20 or so, and jump to $90 within the last hour, so non-auctions would be preferable, but not entirely necessary.

Any help would be appreciated.

Use Gamestop's item locator thing (go as far as you're willing) to find a copy. You should be able to snag one for around $60 that way (but no guarentee if it'll be complete or mint).

You can check flea markets, garage sales, etc. Or even local game shops... I found my copy a small game store for $60 (complete and almost mint outside of some very minor scratches on the disc).

Of course, good luck finding it anywhere outside of eBay.:p

then again I have valkrye profile in mint condition with case and manuel and all the inserts, for 70$, I was going to throw it on ebay, but im mad at paypal/ebay at the moment

Now that Enix has merged with Square, they should release some compilations of older games a la Final Fantasy Anthology and Chronicles. Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean 2nd Story would be a killer set.

Those are some good suggestions. Right now I'm looking for the strategy guide for Valkyrie Profile. That's just about as expensive of the game. You should also check some smaller video stores. You might be able to find one at a small store like that.

if I happen to go to my favorite local game store again (they sell PSone games for $6-10 if complete, Lunars go for $15-20 if complete, and incomplete games go for $5 or less... I got my Castlevania SotN for $6 there), I will check.

The best part is that they let you check the condition of the disc first! :)

You may see the guide go for over $100. I sold a Star Ocean 2nd Story guide for $70 last year convinced I'd never find the game. Guess what I found this month? A mint copy of the game and I sold the guide last year.....

I've seen the Suikoden II Guide go for $150 and it's not even color.

[quote name='erehwon']Those are some good suggestions. Right now I'm looking for the strategy guide for Valkyrie Profile. That's just about as expensive of the game. You should also check some smaller video stores. You might be able to find one at a small store like that.[/QUOTE]

My brother has the opposite problem. He has the guide, because he had the game a while ago and swears its still around our house somewhere. Now if only we could "stumble" upon this game, that'd be sweet.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']You may see the guide go for over $100. I sold a Star Ocean 2nd Story guide for $70 last year convinced I'd never find the game. Guess what I found this month? A mint copy of the game and I sold the guide last year.....

I've seen the Suikoden II Guide go for $150 and it's not even color.[/QUOTE]

Wow, $100 for the guide. Man, if my bro wasn't still searching for a copy of Valkyrie, then he'd be able to make a killing on it. Although he does have the Suikoden II guide, mainly because he has the game as well. The kid knows when to hold them, has all 4 Suikoden games, although none are sealed.

I have a suikoden II guide as well... outta all 4 games, this is the only guide I have for them... weird I guess... but lucky...

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']You may see the guide go for over $100. I sold a Star Ocean 2nd Story guide for $70 last year convinced I'd never find the game. Guess what I found this month? A mint copy of the game and I sold the guide last year.....

I've seen the Suikoden II Guide go for $150 and it's not even color.[/QUOTE]

Several years ago at GS, I passed up on a used Star Ocean 2nd Story guide for $2. :cry: :wall:

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']You may see the guide go for over $100. I sold a Star Ocean 2nd Story guide for $70 last year convinced I'd never find the game. Guess what I found this month? A mint copy of the game and I sold the guide last year.....[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hijack but is Star Ocean 2nd Story a rare game? I have a copy I bought for $20 a while back I have no intention of playing again. It is in perfect, complete condition so I might see what I can get for it (if its worth anything).

He said the Star Ocean 2nd Story guide, not the game. The game goes for around $25 i'd say, check www.digitpress.com to see what they have it for, they have an onine rarity guide if you haven't heard about it yet

If you're patient, just keep calling all the stores in your area, as far as you're willing to drive. I got extremely lucky last week and just happened to find a complete, mint copy of it at an EBGames for $49.99. Used the 20% off coupon in this month's EGM and got it for $43.

bread's done
Back