Value City Department Stores CLOSING

thesilentshadow30

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I just thought I would pass along this to everyone. Value City Department Stores (Schottenstiens in Columbus,OH) will soon be going out of buisness. Currently 13 of the 113 stores have begun their Liquidation sales, the other stores will follow very soon. All merchandise has been shipped from the DCs (warehouses) to the stores to be sold. Effective today all warehouse associates were laid-off, actually we were laid-off the week before xmas but today it was made official. Of course they are saying that it is temporary however in the next 2 weeks information on the sale or closing of the company should be made public.

I know Value City doesn't sale many games so thats why I posted here. Should be a good chance to get some good deals on some things...

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']I just thought I would pass along this to everyone. Value City Department Stores (Schottenstiens in Columbus,OH) will soon be going out of buisness. Currently 13 of the 113 stores have begun their Liquidation sales, the other stores will follow very soon. All merchandise has been shipped from the DCs (warehouses) to the stores to be sold. Effective today all warehouse associates were laid-off, actually we were laid-off the week before xmas but today it was made official. Of course they are saying that it is temporary however in the next 2 weeks information on the sale or closing of the company should be made public.

I know Value City doesn't sale many games so thats why I posted here. Should be a good chance to get some good deals on some things...[/quote]

Any way to find out where the liquidation has started? There are several around here that have games.

Shame. Selection was always hit-or-miss, but I've found some decent titles there that had long since vanished at other stores.

bread's done
Back