VALVE STORE: Portal 1 & 2 Prints (incl signed edition, limited to 100) - $8 to $100

prateeko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw these at the Valve Store and figured you guys may be interested.

Regular Prints are $40 (same but unsigned/unnumbered).
Chell - $40 (24" x 36")
Aperture Laboratories - $40 (36" x 24")
Apertures Requiem - $40 (36" x 24")
Portal Intro Study - $40 (36" x 24")

Limited (100 each), numbered and signed prints are $100 each!
Chell - $100 (24" x 36") [SOLD OUT!]
Aperture Laboratories - $100 (36" x 24") [SOLD OUT!]
Apertures Requiem - $100 (36" x 24") [SOLD OUT!]
Portal Intro Study - $100 (36" x 24") [Apprx 15 left]
[Apprx totals taken by adding 100 of each to cart, not sure how frequently it updates stock...]

Pictures of the lithos in the same order as listed above:

Chell:
P2235main.png

Aperture Laboratories:
P2233main.png

Apertures Requiem:
P2231main.png

Portal Intro Study:
P2221main.png

ALSO AVAILABLE:
1970s Mannequin - $7.99 (18" x 24")
P2219main.png

1980s Four Office - $7.99 (24" x 18")
P2217main.png

1940s Boss Robot - $7.99 (18" x 24")
P2215main.png

1940s Aperture Signs - $7.99 (24" x 36")
P2213main.png

Underground Poster Kit BUNDLE (includes 1940s Aperture Signs, 1940s Boss Robot, 1980s Four Office, and 1970s Mannequin) - $14.95!
PCP22main2.png

Coop Bot Poster - $7.95 (24" x 36")
P2103main.png

PORTAL [1] PRINTS:
Courage Is Not The Absence of Fear - $9.95 (18" x 24")
aplabs_courage_poster.png

Not Never But NOW - $7.95 (18" x 24")
aplabs_never_poster.png

A Trusted Friend In Science - $7.95 (18" x 24")
aplabs_trusted_poster.png

Aperture Laboratories Cake Poster - $7.95 (18" x 24")
portal_aplabs_cake_poster.png

Aperture Labs Poster Kit (BUNDLE!!) - $14.95 (Includes "Courage Is Not The Absence Of Fear," "Not Never But Now," "A Trusted Friend In Science," and "Aperture Laboratories Cake Poster"!)
aplabs_poster_bundle.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That is ridiculous - those should've been packed more carefully.

If that happens to my $100 signed Aperture Laboratories lithograph, they will either send me another one or I will get my money back.

Standard issue cardboard poster tube. The only protection that the posters had inside the tube was a thin white sheet of paper wrapped around them..

which was also wrinkled and torn in the middle.

Hopefully this was an isolated issue. Mine was just the $15 set, but with shipping it pushed it up to $28.. with shipping that high, you'd think they'd spring for the oversized hard plastic tubes so they wouldn't get squished so easily.

I did contact support and I have no doubt that they'll either replace the set or refund my money. I really hope this doesn't happen to anyone who ordered the expensive prints.

I seen a unboxing video for a team fortress lithograph, the tube on the video seemed more heavy duty then the tube in the pics. It made me feel a little better about the chances it would make it undamaged before I made the order.

I can see them using the heavy plastic for signed stuff, but they should really pack all the stuff the same. I think a 40$ item should be shipped the same as a 100$ one. If not, you're just telling the buyer... we are cheap or we don't give a damn about posters.... only the signed lithos.

Mine is due for delivery on Monday. I also bought the glass cup, so i wonder if it's packed in one large box (since it's just one tracking number), so that might help protect the poster. I hope.

ordered Aperture Laboratories and Intro Study. Not too optimistic though, i've been checking their qty alert and they havent updated from 14/24 since friday. I'm probably SOL. Hopefully they do some nice EP3 lithos. Always curse myself for missing that City 17 one.

For those of you who ordered posters, how much did your packages weigh on FedEx? I'd especially be curious as to how much the total package weighed for the poor fellow whose stuff was damaged in transit...

I'm interested in the Aperture labs litho. It's subtle and resonates with me because I'm a chemist and have worked as a lab rat all my life...so the Erlenmeyer flasks and bulbs in the litho FTW!!!

[quote name='Scorch']Valve has agreed to replace my damaged posters, free of charge. This is why they continue to get my money.[/QUOTE]

If they're damaged, why wouldn't they?

[quote name='Scorch']Valve has agreed to replace my damaged posters, free of charge. This is why they continue to get my money.[/QUOTE]
Did you get regular Lithos or Signed/Numbered ones and how much did your package weigh when you tracked it online?

He posted earlier he got the poster kit.

[quote name='Scorch']Received my underground poster kit.. they were improperly rolled and packaged in one poster tube.. which fed ex lovingly smushed, so everything is ruined. Good stuff.

I hope you guys that ordered prints fair better. Here's what mine looked like when they arrived.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='proKoyeon']pretty sure my order for chell didn't make it in time...i am super sadface[/QUOTE]

Mine hasn't shipped yet either. Do you know if they send out an order confirmation email? I haven't received anything from them.

[quote name='sayu']Mine hasn't shipped yet either. Do you know if they send out an order confirmation email? I haven't received anything from them.[/QUOTE]
well i ordered another poster from them as well (in the same order) and i have already been charged. the only e-mail i got was for that poster and not the litho.

[quote name='proKoyeon']well i ordered another poster from them as well (in the same order) and i have already been charged. the only e-mail i got was for that poster and not the litho.[/QUOTE]

hmm, I used pay-pal so I was charged right away but never received any email from Valve.

[quote name='Brenex']He posted earlier he got the poster kit.[/QUOTE]

Forgot that. Would still like to know how much it weighed since mine is in transit and I wonder if it's well packed (figured I could compare weights with his package and get a rough idea).

The Underground Poster Kit is definitely on my radar. Mainly for the Boss Robot and Signs ones. Those are awesome. I'm not sure I get the 4 office one and the 1970s Mannequin is kind of ugly, but it's still a bit of deal on the two I like. Mulling it over....

[quote name='crunchewy']The Underground Poster Kit is definitely on my radar. Mainly for the Boss Robot and Signs ones. Those are awesome. I'm not sure I get the 4 office one and the 1970s Mannequin is kind of ugly, but it's still a bit of deal on the two I like. Mulling it over....[/QUOTE]

I bought the poster pack - it's very nice and they are high quality. I also got it for the signs and 'My Boss is a Robot'.

I Like S&N editions as much as anyone but....both the regular and S&N are printed on the same paper stock. So it's an extra $60 for it to be signed and numbered? hmmm. I def prefer Bioware since their S&N editions are $40 and there isn't a cheaper regular edition of the same print to flood the market with the same image and tamper with the worth($) of the S&N edition.

Given that one of the signed / limited "City 17" Half Life 2 lithographs sold for over $500 at the beginning of March, I'm damn glad I bought the signed / limited "Aperture Laboratories" litho:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=200582200689

Anyone comparing these to the Bioware Store should realize that those lithos are in 500 signed/numbered editions, while the Value Store limits theirs to sets of 100. That makes a big difference regarding future value.

Just received my (non-signed, non-limited) version of the Aperture's Requiem litho, so I thought I'd drop a line over how they're packaged.

The litho itself was wrapped in a thin sheet of paper, which was then placed in a fairly sturdy four inch tube. I say fairly sturdy as it was able to hold me up without me crushing it, and I'm not exactly small. One end was covered in a plastic cap, other a cardboard cap. Since I had ordered a shirt in the same order (it was only $5 more than what I would've paid for the print+shipping), that tube was then thrown in a cardboard box, packed full of packing peanuts and the shirt.

That latter sentence could lead to a bit of irony. People getting the $40 print may end up getting better protection since they're likely to add other stuff to their order, as opposed to the $100 print. Less of a reason to throw that ube in a box if there's nothing else in the order.

[quote name='waxHead']Given that one of the signed / limited "City 17" Half Life 2 lithographs sold for over $500 at the beginning of March, I'm damn glad I bought the signed / limited "Aperture Laboratories" litho:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=200582200689

Anyone comparing these to the Bioware Store should realize that those lithos are in 500 signed/numbered editions, while the Value Store limits theirs to sets of 100. That makes a big difference regarding future value.[/QUOTE]

Of course 100 def gives more value to to the S&N editions, but just having one $60 cheaper gives potential buyers later on other options. I have 4 of the Mass Effect 2 and a couple Dragon age S&N lithos, and I can never ignore things this limited. So just grabbed the Portal Study litho......only 9 left as of this posting.......

Also not sure why the Intro Study is still left when I think it could be the second best litho in this group next to the Aperture Laboratories one.

was billed immedietly for both of mine that i orderd on sunday [CC], no update on shipping-correction, Shipped this evening.

[quote name='cag1000']Of course 100 def gives more value to to the S&N editions, but just having one $60 cheaper gives potential buyers later on other options. I have 4 of the Mass Effect 2 and a couple Dragon age S&N lithos, and I can never ignore things this limited. So just grabbed the Portal Study litho......only 9 left as of this posting.......

Also not sure why the Intro Study is still left when I think it could be the second best litho in this group next to the Aperture Laboratories one.[/QUOTE]

Just as a note the unsigned versions of their prints are usually limited as well, even though it doesnt state it. I dont think they'll do more than a 1000. They definetly only had 500 unsigned when they started so it will be interesting to see how many times they restock. The signed versions will definetly command the greater amount of cash. Having purchased some prints before its not uncommon to have such a price delta for a signature. Think of the signed prints as Artist Proofs. I must agree that all that white border is a huge waste of space. If the Portal team all signed them that would be damn cool.

Also agree, Intro study appealed to me the most when i initially saw them. I guess the glados one is a bit more iconic to the game. Cant believe Chell sold out so fast.

In for the 2x four poster sets and the classic aperture laboratories print. $70 shipped isnt too bad for all of that.

These should look awesome next to my Bioshock posters/lithos. Too bad I dont have a basement yet. :(

Just received my Aperture's Requiem LE lithograph in the mail. The cardboard tube it came in was very heavy duty. The lithograph was in great condition. Signed in pencil #89/100 with a Certificate of Authenticity. Took a couple of pics before I rolled it back up and slipped it back in the tube. Keepin it safe until I find the right frame.

Was originally intending to post pics/links but since I'm new I guess I'm not allowed to. DUDE SWEET

[quote name='Jayonhavok']Just received my Aperture's Requiem in the mail. The cardboard tube it came in was very heavy duty. The lithograph was in great condition. Signed in pencil #89/100 with a Certificate of Authenticity. Took a couple of pics before I rolled it back up and slipped it back in the tube. Keepin it safe until I find the right frame.

Was originally intending to post pics/links but since I'm new I guess I'm not allowed to. DUDE SWEET[/QUOTE]

if you want to PM me some imageshack or photobucket links i'll re-post them for you

[quote name='qwerty1']if you want to PM me some imageshack or photobucket links i'll re-post them for you[/QUOTE]

PMd....I hope...

Its a shame the signed ones are gone, I received Laboratories #26 yesterday and Chell #100 today and the quality of these prints have me wishing I would of picked up the other 2 as well.

[quote name='jsb2642']Its a shame the signed ones are gone, I received Laboratories #26 yesterday and Chell #100 today and the quality of these prints have me wishing I would of picked up the other 2 as well.[/QUOTE]

ooo you got 100? that's exciting!

my orders are still being processed, 1 says billed but i havent even been charged...i wish it would just tell me if i actually got one or not...the suspense is killing me

I think the fact that they have an unlimited supply of unsigned/unnumbered lithos the same size as the numbered ones is going to severely limit the signed ones values. Because with ME ones, the only way to get a big one is by getting a signed one. Do you really think they will hit $600 or something when someone can snag one the same exact size for $40. For these lithos, I don't think that scribble will increase the value by much more than $100-150

Now if they didn't have the unsigned ones available that would be a whole different story ;)
And no I'm not butthurt. I had every single one added to my cart since they were first put up, just to look at their selling rate. So I could have easily got one.

[quote name='scarhawk']I think the fact that they have an unlimited supply of unsigned/unnumbered lithos the same size as the numbered ones is going to severely limit the signed ones values. Because with ME ones, the only way to get a big one is by getting a signed one. Do you really think they will hit $600 or something when someone can snag one the same exact size for $40. For these lithos, I don't think that scribble will increase the value by much more than $100-150

Now if they didn't have the unsigned ones available that would be a whole different story ;)
And no I'm not butthurt. I had every single one added to my cart since they were first put up, just to look at their selling rate. So I could have easily got one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't say I give a crap about the author's signature or some artificial numbering. Not for $60 anyway.

[quote name='scarhawk']I think the fact that they have an unlimited supply of unsigned/unnumbered lithos[/QUOTE]

i really dont think there will be "unlimited". As stated they started with 500 exactly. Whether or not they re-stock is a complete mystery. It wouldnt be the first item with an "open edition" on the Valve store to sell out so personally if i wanted one i wouldnt be so smug about there being an unlimited quantity.

[quote name='proKoyeon']ooo you got 100? that's exciting!

my orders are still being processed, 1 says billed but i havent even been charged...i wish it would just tell me if i actually got one or not...the suspense is killing me[/QUOTE]

Unless you're international you might want to check your spam folder. I ordered on Sunday and had tracking information by tuesday.

[quote name='qwerty1']Unless you're international you might want to check your spam folder. I ordered on Sunday and had tracking information by tuesday.[/QUOTE]

just got my shipping confirmation about 10 minutes ago, and i ordered last friday

tell me how that works :x lol

ps. from texas

[quote name='proKoyeon']just got my shipping confirmation about 10 minutes ago, and i ordered last friday

tell me how that works :x lol[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised, it took them 9 days to give me shipping conformation for my first order and 2 days for the second order.

well despite the large beefy tube my Intro Study arrived smashed quite a bit all long the top border. It looks like most of the damage is from installation of the cap on the end rather than due to the delivery service. The bottom edge is perfect so it was not bouncing back and forth. They really need to roll these up in a larger sheet of stiff paper and teach their packing people a bit more finesse. The good news is there is so much white border there it effectively is a "crumple" zone so it can be trimmed off with no loss to the actual image. Unfortunetly that means a trip to a professional framer. The huge border would also make a good area for matting. Still pathetic given the price so i think i'll complain and see if i cant get some form of compensation.

Aperture Labs should arrive Friday or Saturday, i fear it will share a similar fate.

The image/quality itself though is A+.

Some pics

ImG1m.jpg

4jIVt.jpg

a39qb.jpg

Hey, proKoyeon, have you heard anything about your litho order?

I received an email informing me that it was discontinued and out of stock, but they offered me a signed, unnumbered Chell for the regular $40. Though now I'm a little hesitant to take the offer because of how damaged qwerty1's came.

[quote name='sayu']Hey, proKoyeon, have you heard anything about your litho order?

I received an email informing me that it was discontinued and out of stock, but they offered me a signed, unnumbered Chell for the regular $40. Though now I'm a little hesitant to take the offer because of how damaged qwerty1's came.[/QUOTE]
i got mine 2 days ago - i bought a poster with it as well so it came as two separate tubes in a box...both the litho and poster were perfect

the litho itself was beautiful - definitely worth the cash that i put down for it

[quote name='qwerty1']well despite the large beefy tube my Intro Study arrived smashed quite a bit all long the top border. It looks like most of the damage is from installation of the cap on the end rather than due to the delivery service. The bottom edge is perfect so it was not bouncing back and forth. They really need to roll these up in a larger sheet of stiff paper and teach their packing people a bit more finesse. The good news is there is so much white border there it effectively is a "crumple" zone so it can be trimmed off with no loss to the actual image. Unfortunetly that means a trip to a professional framer. The huge border would also make a good area for matting. Still pathetic given the price so i think i'll complain and see if i cant get some form of compensation.

Aperture Labs should arrive Friday or Saturday, i fear it will share a similar fate.

The image/quality itself though is A+.

Some pics

ImG1m.jpg

4jIVt.jpg

a39qb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Damn, that really sucks. I know mine was delivered (without outside damage) but I've been out of town so I haven't had a chance to check it out. I'm very nervous now about it's condition.

How have everyone elses Lithos been on opening? It appears they're making the ride alright in those tubes but now packing may be a problem :cry:...

My complete order came in a box. Inside was 3 tubes for everything. I am really impressed with the quality of these prints! If you are on the fence of getting any of them, I strongly recommend it. These are absolutely gorgeous!

bread's done
Back