Van Helsing for PS2 and Xbox on sale at Target two days before it's release!

ganonslayer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
157 (100%)
Van Helsing for PS2/Xbox on sale at target 2 days before it's release. Is this legal?

I have already beat the first two missions and it's pretty awesome so far. im defenitely going to the movie now especially with the free ticket included with the game.

Technically it's not legal, unless a competitor in the area broke street date. Most games are not street dated and can be sold whenever a store gets in. This particular title IS street dated though.

You can get them in a lot of trouble if you want...the Street date is Friday! Gamestops have had them for a week, but you can't legally sell them.

That could defenitely get them in trouble. We've had Van Helsing for a week now and the street date isn't until 5/7

VAN HELSING IS A KICK ASS MOVIE! I saw it last frday and highly suggest the movie to anyone. Before ppl tell me the movie isnt out yet, I know its not. I went to a prescreening for it.

It must be different in other areas since the Target I work at doesn't have copies for sale yet. Just like sighlintbob said, a competitor in your area must have broken the street date.

[quote name='batman2million']i really dun think the games gonna b that good.. it mite be ok..but im guessing its gonna b another matrix[/quote]

You may not be able to enjoy it as much as others because you don't speak english too well. The story may go over your head.

[quote name='MrMaddness']You can get them in a lot of trouble if you want...the Street date is Friday! Gamestops have had them for a week, but you can't legally sell them.[/quote]

What trouble could Target get into? They are the second largest retailer behind Wal-Mart and dictate what they want to these companies.

What are the companies going to do refuse to ship the product to them?
Target would just fill the space with another game or one from another system without thinking twice about it.

The days of companies like Nintendo strong arming retailers are long gone and dead.

[quote name='JibbaJabba'][quote name='MrMaddness']You can get them in a lot of trouble if you want...the Street date is Friday! Gamestops have had them for a week, but you can't legally sell them.[/quote]

What trouble could Target get into? They are the second largest retailer behind Wal-Mart and dictate what they want to these companies.

Target would just fill the space with another game or one from another system without thinking twice about it.

The days of companies like Nintendo strong arming retailers are long gone and dead.[/quote]

You can do pretty much whatever you want but i think ea would be able to push around any company.

The system is pretty much handled like movie ratings. If you let kids into r rated movies the movie companies won't send you any more movies. Well at least the company that made the movie wouldn't

[quote name='ganonslayer']Van Helsing for PS2/Xbox on sale at target 2 days before it's release. Is this legal?

I have already beat the first two missions and it's pretty awesome so far. im defenitely going to the movie now especially with the free ticket included with the game.[/quote]

so the games good?....and you can get at cc for $50 with a free $15 gc...and you get a free movie ticket with the game....sounds like a good deal to me

[quote name='BULL_Ship'][quote name='JibbaJabba'][quote name='MrMaddness']You can get them in a lot of trouble if you want...the Street date is Friday! Gamestops have had them for a week, but you can't legally sell them.[/quote]

The days of companies like Nintendo strong arming retailers are long gone and dead.[/quote]

You can do pretty much whatever you want but i think ea would be able to push around any company.

The system is pretty much handled like movie ratings. If you let kids into r rated movies the movie companies won't send you any more movies. Well at least the company that made the movie wouldn't[/quote]

Maybe with companies like Gamestop, EB, Sears, etc.., But their is no way I can see EA doing that with a Wal-Mart or a Target. Those companies are just to large and dominant for someone like EA to come and try to lay down the law.
If they tried to I could easily see them dumping all EA games and telling them to shove it, and open those empty spots up for other games.

I would bet that these two retailers make up atleast 50% of a game companies sales. So I don't see any game company doing anything to either of those two giants.

[quote name='JibbaJabba'][quote name='MrMaddness']You can get them in a lot of trouble if you want...the Street date is Friday! Gamestops have had them for a week, but you can't legally sell them.[/quote]

What are the companies going to do refuse to ship the product to them?[/quote]

From what I've heard they can be fined if they put the product out early. How big a fine? I have no idea.

remember the big orange sticker on PGR2 "do not sell before 11/18/03"?

As for legalities, if they really wanted to, they could pursue a civil suit for breach of contract, but I don't know what that would accomplish so I doubt anything would happen.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']remember the big orange sticker on PGR2 "do not sell before 11/18/03"?

As for legalities, if they really wanted to, they could pursue a civil suit for breach of contract, but I don't know what that would accomplish so I doubt anything would happen.[/quote]
I believe my local K-Mart still has copies with those stickers.
Anyone know if the game is good? I want to see the movie, and Im intrested in the game.

[quote name='Moray'][quote name='JibbaJabba'][quote name='MrMaddness']You can get them in a lot of trouble if you want...the Street date is Friday! Gamestops have had them for a week, but you can't legally sell them.[/quote]

What are the companies going to do refuse to ship the product to them?[/quote]

From what I've heard they can be fined if they put the product out early. How big a fine? I have no idea.[/quote]

Im my company, 4 manages were fired for selling SHREK 2 Early. Sick, eh?

[quote name='"BULL_Ship"'][quote name='JibbaJabba'][quote name='MrMaddness']You can get them in a lot of trouble if you want...the Street date is Friday! Gamestops have had them for a week, but you can't legally sell them.[/quote]

The days of companies like Nintendo strong arming retailers are long gone and dead

.[/quote]

HAHAHA EA... EA is tiny compared to Wal-mart, Target, Best Buy, Meijer... No one pushes around the large brick and mortar stores... Wal-mart has told all their suppliers to use RF-ID! If you do not ship with RF-ID tags... you cannot do business with Wal-mart.... suppliers are afraid of the very large retail chains....

It's all written in agreements with different shipping companies and of course the studios. Because of a few F'ups on release dates, k-mart didnt get certain movies the week of release, or didnt get the "deals" they got before. Now, before there's any smart ass k-mart quibs, this was years ago when they were doing alright. and btw, there are people who are paid to drive around and check stores randomly for breaking release. fun stuff.

[quote name='"Indiana"'][quote name='BULL_Ship'][quote name='JibbaJabba'][quote name='MrMaddness']You can get them in a lot of trouble if you want...the Street date is Friday! Gamestops have had them for a week, but you can't legally sell them.[/quote]

The days of companies like Nintendo strong arming retailers are long gone and dead

.[/quote]

HAHAHA EA... EA is tiny compared to Wal-mart, Target, Best Buy, Meijer... No one pushes around the large brick and mortar stores... Wal-mart has told all their suppliers to use RF-ID! If you do not ship with RF-ID tags... you cannot do business with Wal-mart.... suppliers are afraid of the very large retail chains....

You can do pretty much whatever you want but i think ea would be able to push around any company.[/quote]

UH HUH thats why we see so many early releases at those big chains. If you think they are so powerful wouldn't you see them all selling early to get a jump start on everyone else.

bread's done
Back