Vandal Hearts Find + Big-Time Bonus!

darkwingduck13

CAGiversary!
Well, I've partaken of a lot of deals that have been posted here on CAG, but this one takes the cake as far as surprising the heck out of me. There's a small local shop in the next town over, and I went Friday afternoon to check it out. They aren't dedicated to video games...games are only a part of their inventory. However, I've seen some deals there in the past, and Friday I got lucky again when I found a great condition, complete copy of Vandal Hearts for $9.95. Being the cheapass I am, I remembered that I still had 4 games left from the TRU 90% off sale, and so I hid the case for the game behind a bunch of the X-Files games for PSOne. It blended in fine, so I figured it'd have a decent chance of still being there the next day. I was coming back by the store anyway, so it wouldn't be going out of my way to stop in and see what I could get for the TRU games.

The next day, I went back with Universal Studios(GC), Headhunter(PS2), TM: Black(PS2), and Unreal Championship(XBox). I was just hoping to get enough credit to cover Vandal Hearts and maybe one of the cheap Genesis games they had laying around. I paid between $7-8 for those games at TRU. If I could double my money on them, it would've made me ecstatic. The guy takes the games, and turns back to the computer that they have behind the counter. It's apparently online, because he immediately goes to the Wal-Mart.com website and starts looking up my games, using Wal-Mart's listings to estimate what he should offer me! O_O That was weird enough, but I didn't say anything because I wanted to see what the final result would be.

After looking around for a little bit, the guy called me back up to the counter and said (I'm not even kidding on this), "You uh...you brought in some nice stuff. I can give you $67 in store credit, which you have to spend right now because we don't do gift certificates or change on credit, or $45 in cash." The guy sincerely thought he was giving me a hard time. He looked guilty and everything. Without hesitation, I picked up two more games and told him I'd take the cash. I walked out of the store with:

Vandal Hearts - PSOne, complete/great condition - $9.95
Top Shop - PSOne, sealed - $9.95
Alisia Dragoon - Genesis, complete/great condition with case, manual, reg card, Sega parts replacement card, and ad sheet for GameGear - $5.95

After paying for all that out of the $45, I still had enough left to buy the wife and myself lunch at a fast food joint. Talk about an unexpected deal! :D

I recently acquired Vandal Hearts and I must say that the game is still fantastic to this day. I've never been a huge fan of excessive blood-shed in video games, but the blood in Vandal Hearts just adds so much charm to the game. You certainly got a sweet deal.

[quote name='KingofGames']I recently acquired Vandal Hearts and I must say that the game is still fantastic to this day. I've never been a huge fan of excessive blood-shed in video games, but the blood in Vandal Hearts just adds so much charm to the game. You certainly got a sweet deal.[/QUOTE]

The second one is a great game too with its branching story lines and the story really was quite good

[quote name='KingofGames']I recently acquired Vandal Hearts and I must say that the game is still fantastic to this day. I've never been a huge fan of excessive blood-shed in video games, but the blood in Vandal Hearts just adds so much charm to the game. You certainly got a sweet deal.[/QUOTE]

I also really liked VH1, the bonus dungeons for the 2nd ending were really neat. To bad the sequel was such a terrible game, I can't believe I spent $50 on that piece of crap.

bread's done
Back