Vanquish (360/PS3) $16.99 at Toys R Us

[quote name='prim4444']They probably read the price from the label. This is an unadvertised sale in store and there is no signage whatsoever to print out to let employees know. It is in the system to ring up at the register at $16.99. Checked on this about an hour ago before I left work. My store had maybe 7 or 8 copies waiting for in store pick ups.

All stores should be matching the .com prices. It sucks sometimes when stores are so uninformed.[/QUOTE]

You're right. I tried again and the employee actually SCANNED it and told me it showed up as $16.99. Kind of frustrated that none of the other employees bothered to scan it but I guess that's my luck. The guy told me it's $16.99 till 4/30.

Played this game once and then halfway through a second playthrough and then two mission mode levels (of 5) AND STILL I found very little to like about it.

Still, if I had paid $17 for it, I would not have regretted it quite so much except as a waste of time. Go for it, lads.

sweet good to see alot of people getting this, looks like great game.... been waiting for it to hit 20 or less for awhile, was bored at work and happend upon it browsing 8)

[quote name='hle078']for a lot of people without a TRU near them or people who live in cities without cars, amazon is the most convenient option. if you don't have a car or a store near by, you also have to add $5+ in shipping to the total price. personally, i would only get it if amazon price matched, since i have a lot of credit and it would be no money out of pocket. so they are not actually losing business in my case (and likely in others' case as well) since they never had it to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much sums it up. I'm not paying $5 in shipping when it's so slow, either.

So I put my order in for in-store pick-up at about 1:45, got my affirmation email almost immediately. Then I waited for my ready to pick up email and finally got it at 5, only to see that they could not fulfill my order and cancelled it :(

[quote name='karekano126']I called in and my store says that it's showing up as $39.99 and that they don't price match Toysrus.com. Hope everyone else's store isn't like that.[/QUOTE]

Same thing here: my local TRU wouldn't price match their site.

that sucks, if it's not listed as online only they should pricematch, thats pretty standard policy at any local retailer. prolly should talk to manager or something cause it's just common sense.

[quote name='Vultureyo']that sucks, if it's not listed as online only they should pricematch, thats pretty standard policy at any local retailer. prolly should talk to manager or something cause it's just common sense.[/QUOTE]

The cashier told me the same thing. It was priced at $39.99 and it rang up at $16.99. Picked up the PS3 copy. He told me that I would have to pick it online for that price. He was wrong, lol.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Would Best Buy price match this?[/QUOTE]

I got it to work at my local Best Buy after the manager checked 4 different times. But give it a shot.

Just got back from TRU after our long trip to the mall with this misses, the TRU employee was being a cunt because I didn't have the printout but got it nonetheless.

While I was browsing the TRU section I also noticed some Pokemon games for $5 for you pokefreaks out there. I noticed Pokemon Explorers of Darkness, Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs and Shadows of Almia all for $5. The website only advertises Guardian Signs so you might have more or less at your local TRU.

None in stock at any of my local BBs so I went down to TRU. Rang up for the $16.99 no problem. Thanks for the suggestions everyone I got the PS3 version (they have 2 left now if the empty case display is accurate).

[quote name='skiizim']Just got back from TRU after our long trip to the mall with this misses, the TRU employee was being a cunt because I didn't have the printout but got it nonetheless.

While I was browsing the TRU section I also noticed some Pokemon games for $5 for you pokefreaks out there. I noticed Pokemon Explorers of Darkness, Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs and Shadows of Almia all for $5. The website only advertises Guardian Signs so you might have more or less at your local TRU.[/QUOTE]
they have toysrus in malls? that is crazy.

[quote name='CaoPi']what game does this play like?[/QUOTE]

made by the same people who made Bayonetta and RE5. It plays a lot like bayonetta with slowdown and such except I found it WAY harder but WAY funner.

I was able to get it. Ranged up as full price on their system and scanner. Like people have mentioned throughout other CAG topics, TRU now price match their website and got it for 18.65 (CA tax). The lady had to go in the back to actually check their website. It's weird about their website. Checked the mobile version at the store to see if it was still at 16 bucks but showed full price. Use the actual website off my phone and showed up discounted.

I got a email saying it was ready for local pickup. I go to pick it up and would not honor the price. FAIL yet again TRU... I talked to a manager to but they got rude with me and asked me to leave if i am not going to buy it. I will not be going back to that location again. I hope amazon price matches this cause i never have issues there and if i do once in awhile easy fix and respectful.

[quote name='Brother Daz']around $5[/QUOTE]

if i make 3 of games.
the shipping cost still around 5?
or same as GH shit?(each 2 someshit)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I got a email saying it was ready for local pickup. I go to pick it up and would not honor the price. FAIL yet again TRU... I talked to a manager to but they got rude with me and asked me to leave if i am not going to buy it. I will not be going back to that location again. I hope amazon price matches this cause i never have issues there and if i do once in awhile easy fix and respectful.[/QUOTE]

You should complain. You have reason to. You bought it already. They are just holding it for you. That and the site says online and instore. You should of made a scene. What are they gonna do? I'm mad to hear that you had issues. I hope you can get it eventually.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I got a email saying it was ready for local pickup. I go to pick it up and would not honor the price. FAIL yet again TRU... I talked to a manager to but they got rude with me and asked me to leave if i am not going to buy it. I will not be going back to that location again. I hope amazon price matches this cause i never have issues there and if i do once in awhile easy fix and respectful.[/QUOTE]

Interesting...
Care to go over the conversation that you had?
All they had to do was scan your receipt, and hand you the game. How did that turn into a price war?

[quote name='bjstucker']made by the same people who made Bayonetta and RE5. It plays a lot like bayonetta with slowdown and such except I found it WAY harder but WAY funner.[/QUOTE]

It's directed by Shinji Mikami, director of RE4. There's no connection to RE5. Bayonetta was developed by the same studio, but different departments... spearheaded by Kamiya.

I'm not sure I follow. How come they wouldn't let you have the game? You did pay for it right? I assume so since you did do in store pick up. You should go back and complain. You did pay for it already, unless there's something else you're not telling us.

For anyone who plan on picking up the ps3 this thing need a 2.8 gb install so think twice about getting it over 360

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vanden9']For anyone who plan on picking up the ps3 this thing need a 28 gb install so think twice about getting it over 360[/QUOTE]
Haha. It's 2.8 GB not 28 GB. 28 GB is actually larger than the Blu-ray disc (which is a 25 GB). And I'm still going for the PS3 version because I don't really like the bumpers on the 360 controller (and they figure heavily into the game).

[quote name='vanden9']For anyone who plan on picking up the ps3 this thing need a 28 gb install so think twice about getting it over 360[/QUOTE]

:lol:

My TRU sucks and carries only old titles of stuff that dropped in price ages ago.

Probably going to Gamefly this some time this summer despite the tempting price...

[quote name='Raye']My TRU sucks and carries only old titles of stuff that dropped in price ages ago.

Probably going to Gamefly this some time this summer despite the tempting price...[/QUOTE]
You should at least see if it's available for pickup at your store.

Holy crap, and to think I was going to pick this up for $39.99 at K-Mart a while back. I'll be heading down to TRU tomorrow to pick this up :D

When they had the BOGO free deal last week I had the same problem... they did not believe me and thought I found a glitch in the system. They did however end up honoring the deal though.

[quote name='R0tatioNz']WHY HASN'T AMAZON PM'ed YET??!?:cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't hold my breath for Amazon to price match it. Especially if Amazon factors in the $5 shipping. And ESPECIALLY if it isn't available online. And the PS3 version isn't any more.

[quote name='jackdoe']Haha. It's 2.8 GB not 28 GB. 28 GB is actually larger than the Blu-ray disc (which is a 25 GB). And I'm still going for the PS3 version because I don't really like the bumpers on the 360 controller (and they figure heavily into the game).[/QUOTE]

Opps I might have forgotten to put the decimal there lol Also BD are 50 gb, only first gen BD are 25.

I went ahead and placed a store pickup order as the price went down since i last saw it at $40.

Edit: Well I must say my first experience with store pickup was very positive. Didn't take long for the girl to fish out my copy of Vanquish and I was out the door in no time. My only gripe was that I wasn't able to use my Rewards program during the checkout process online and in store. Maybe I missed the input part but I sure looked.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vanden9']Opps I might have forgotten to put the decimal there lol Also BD are 50 gb, only first gen BD are 25.[/QUOTE]
Dual layered BD are 50 and not many games use that. Most use the 25 GB SL.

[quote name='bigant262']What system is this best for?[/QUOTE]
Pretty much the same. Controller preference really.

[quote name='jackdoe']Dual layered BD are 50 and not many games use that. Most use the 25 GB SL.

Pretty much the same. Controller preference really.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. PS3 sold out online, but I could do store pick up and just pick it up when I go in for work.

Thanks OP ! PM at BB while I went to pick up TF: WFC and PM'd SWTFU II ( PC Richards and Sons $20 ) . After using a gift card and some RZ certs paid nadda for all three , I will say im surprised they PM Vanquish since TRU near me is like 50 miles away, thought that there was a certain distance the stores had to be , maybe I remember it wrong , I remember a lot of stuff differently :)

bread's done
Back