Vanquish (360/PS3) $16.99 at Toys R Us

I went their and asked for a ps3 version. her asnwer: "We don't have it, if it's not in the shelf, we don't have it. Do you know what that means?".

got a copy in store at tucson no problem. kid was suprised it rang up 16.99 since sticker still said 39.99.... someone else also bought one and did in store pickup.. fellow cag out there!?!?

Glad I have both the 360 and the PS3, because one of those you cant use for one day out of the year and they shut down online services for a week.

I can't believe I switched, last gen I loved the PS2 so much more. I thinks its really just Xbox live that I enjoy so much.

Thanks OP been looking to get this on the cheap. That brings my backlog to just over 20. can I has time machine?

Great game but really short. Though I went thru it twice to get most of the achievements. The challenge modes are also a pain in the ass. Paid $28ish at Kmart and don't regret it, anything under $20 is a bargain.

Ordered one for $16,99 from my Droid 2 and did in store pickup. Went in, signed my name and was ready to leave when I saw GH Super Bundle for $79.99. I picked up one as well since my drums broke last week.

Does anyone know if this deal will last until Saturday? My local TRU is sold out of this game and I won't get to a further away one until the end of the week.

[quote name='ecwfan']Does anyone know if this deal will last until Saturday? My local TRU is sold out of this game and I won't get to a further away one until the end of the week.[/QUOTE]

When I scanned my copy at the in-store scanner, it showed up as valid until 4/30.

I know I've seen it posted a couple different times, so I'll clarify. TRU does pm tru.com now. It has gone back and forth a few times, but the most recent change has been in the last few weeks. It must not say anything about "online only" or "online price only" but otherwise they will do it. Not all employees will know about this (obviously, since some of you were told otherwise) but if you really want to, you can ask to speak to a manager. They should have covered this in morning meetings within the last 2-3 weeks.

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']Aw, hell. I just bought the game two days ago at Target for $30. Oh, well.[/QUOTE]

I mean, i guess you could always buy at TRU and return to target... the product itself is the same.

[quote name='roymustang']Got excited but shipping and tax totally kill the deal for me, i'll just wait for amazon or newegg I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here, this and Castlevania have been on my do buy when good price list for a while. :)

The special offers says it is online only....does anyone know if they go to the store today and get it scanned if it comes up at $16.99 still? That would be really great to know before I head out to the nearest one (not near at all :( )

[quote name='R0tatioNz']The special offers says it is online only....does anyone know if they go to the store today and get it scanned if it comes up at $16.99 still? That would be really great to know before I head out to the nearest one (not near at all :( )[/QUOTE]
I guess you missed the offer above what you read that said good in store and online. And you missed the numerous other posts in this thread stating they picked up the game at their store for this price. Some folks are being turned away due to inept/ignorant employees. But, yes the deal is good in store if you have someone who knows what they are doing. Or you can order online and do in store pickup and hope to get a competent employee there too. Sorry, not trying to be an ass, but its early...

[quote name='Icepool']Oh and by the way the online prices for the 360 and ps3 are back to $39.99. Glad I ordered mine last night![/QUOTE]
No, it is still $16.99 on each system. I just checked again. You must be having the same issue others reported yesterday. I am using IE8.

Weird I ordered it from my iPhone last night and I'm viewing it from my iPhone right now. This deal is starting to seem like a glitch. oh well for them.

[quote name='Icepool']Oh and by the way the online prices for the 360 and ps3 are back to $39.99. Glad I ordered mine last night![/QUOTE]

I JUST ordered the PS3 version for $16.99..... Like 2 minutes ago.

Just checked links and they are coming up $16.99 still. 8:28 am CST

Just ordered for store pickup (nuts to shipping, I'll head over and have lunch with a friend instead).

Thanks for the price heads up.

Great game and a ton of fun. This is a great price for it. I bought it a few months ago for 40 and don't regret it.

[quote name='Chemosh013']I mean, i guess you could always buy at TRU and return to target... the product itself is the same.[/QUOTE]

But thing with Target, they will only accept it if it's a game they normally carry. I think Target already clearance that game so if anything, he'll get less than what he paid for. Only thing he could do is buy another copy and return that copy with his first receipt if it's still part of their return time.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']But thing with Target, they will only accept it if it's a game they normally carry. I think Target already clearance that game so if anything, he'll get less than what he paid for. Only thing he could do is buy another copy and return that copy with his first receipt if it's still part of their return time.[/QUOTE]YMMV on Vanquish being on clearance at your Target--I have yet to find a single Target with it on clearance (and I've been on the lookout for months now), finding it instead among the other PS3 games, sometimes priced at $29.99 after a price cut. So as long as the Target has copies of it, he should be fine.

[quote name='toxicinzanity']lovin the Tru deals but all i got left is a BB giftcard anyone think theyll price match the online print out or is this in an add?[/QUOTE]
Yep, I just went to BB on my lunch break and they matched the price at customer service without a problem. Great Deal for the game!

stupid amazon... they have the PS3 version at $25 plus shipping by some shitty third party shop and the 360 version on $19 :S...

I want the price match for the PS3 version!!!!

PMd at BB yesterday after work. Thanks OP! I had to take it to the customer service desk since the checkout registers couldn't browse the tru website (no pictures means no PM at the register apparently).

I picked up a copy for the :ps3:. Thanks OP! They had only one left at the store for :ps3: and at least 5 for the :360:. Used a $10 gift card from when I bought LEGO Star Wars III to sweeten the deal. This was at the Parma, OH TRU.

Grabbed this for 360 with in store pickup for $18.01 last night. Thanks OP! I also reported the price to Amazon in hopes they'll match it for others.

Dang it why didn't Amazon price match it when I ordered Crysis 2 last night lol. >< Oh well, I can wait, my backlog is many many games anyways.

I just pick a copy up on xbox 360 today at the fairview heights store. I think a lot of the cashiers don't know it's on sale ,so you may have to ask them to do a price check for you.

Heck yeah on Amazon finally updating their price! Thanks to all who reported, as this is just as good as the TRU deal minus ~$2 lost savings after the tax, which is easily negated by the hassle in driving way out to the store again. Now to find something for $5:whistle2:k

bread's done
Back