Vanquish on PS3 & XB360 $29.99 + $5 shipping @ Amazon (3rd party seller)

[quote name='Brainberry']Like a mix of Gears Of War, Lost Planet and Singularity on speed.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.. never played Xbox so dunno about gears.. but loved singularity .. just got my platinum in that not too long ago. Similar to Bioshock.. I watched some gameplay videos on it and wasn't really feeling it

I say this every Vanquish thread, but I have to given how thoroughly Vanquish disappointed me: I did not like Vanquish and do not believe anyone should be paying more than $20 for it.

I enjoyed Vanquished a lot. Do I think its worth $60? No. But only because to me, there's no replay value. On the otherhand, the unique and energetic gameplay was enough to keep me intrigued throughout the game. I got it for $26 from Amazon warehouse and it was definitely worth it.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I say this every Vanquish thread, but I have to given how thoroughly Vanquish disappointed me: I did not like Vanquish and do not believe anyone should be paying more than $20 for it.[/QUOTE]

Yes and the last time I saw you post this, it sounded like you played this like lost planet or gears of war, which isn't the point, and yes, in this game especially, player tendencies and playing style will greatly affect how good the game is.

Amazingly slick and awesome to control, this game takes the TPS cover shooter and injects it with pure speed and style. This game is just pure fun to play. Voice work is pretty good, story is dangerously close to non-existent and it's somewhat short. However it is a score based action game with a lot of challenge levels as well, short and to the point; it honestly doesn't need a story really.

If you've played the demo and DIDN'T LIKE IT, I would say, let it get cheaper or pass. The game is just what the demo is, but of course different scenarios and guns, but running and gunning, hitting bullet time and rocketing around arenas at 30mph on your knees is what this game is about. There is nothing much different in the full game than the demos(japan has a different one) IF you played it "properly".

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']Its sad how segas got all these awesome games out n they tank in price... Bayonetta... Madworld... Valkeria chronicles... That may be it though...[/QUOTE]

The Club also. That game is one of the best of this generation in my opinion. Spot on controls and so much fun.

Vanquish is some of the most fun Ive had playing a video game. Sure, its not terribly long (although the score system promote multiple play throughs to try to one up yourself ala Bayonetta) and has no multiplayer, but after playing through most of it this weekend, I can see myself going through it again, and I typically dont replay single player games. Its a great time, and I very much recommend it!

just started playing this game, and in some ways it feels like a relative of contra (although I can see the gears comparison). I'm nuts for it; very fun, difficulty is good, definitely easy on the eyes. and there's a button that makes your character smoke and toss the butt to distract robots!

bread's done
Back