Vanquish (Xbox 360) $13.99 w/FS Newegg - Amazon (pm)

Game is bad ass. Anyone else get 1000 GS on it. Completing the tactical challenges maybe the hardest achievement I ever got

I so want to buy this, but I really have to study. If I buy it, I know I will have to play it. My willpower is horrible when it comes to games haha.

Damn you NewEgg with your irresistible deals!! I checked out Metacritic and couldn't pass up a game this cheap with such a high score. In for one. Thanks OP.

I'm in for $13. Been looking for a cheap used copy. I'll take a new one for this price everyday of the week. Thanks for the find.

Bought it used from Gamefly for about $18. Beat it. But I will re-play it. The game is so much fun. Let's hope Vanquish 2 comes with co-op. This game would rock with 2 or 4 player co-op.

Ordinarily I wouldn't be too into a game like this, and it started a little slow for me, but when I got the hang of sliding and using the suit, it was great fun diving around shooting guys in slo-mo.

Ugh, why do all these great games drop in price right before Gears?

I'm doomed to have a ridiculous backlog forever.

Just a fun, fun action game! The slide mechanic is great. I played this game back to back (medium-hard) for some reason. And I hardly make time to play games twice much less twice in a row.

One of my favorite games in recent memory. It brought something back that a lot of games lately have been missing, and that key element is fun.

[quote name='Kenshindono']not only backordered but back to 20 bucks. looks like i missed out on this deal =([/QUOTE]

If you are lucky your local toys r us will have it for 10 or less on clearance

[quote name='Rsmobile']Freakishly overrated but worth $14. Decent but forgettable.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Worth a playthrough, and worth $14, but I felt it was highly overrated.

Good deal, I paid $45 for this around release, and it was definitely worth it. At $13.99 it's a no brainer

The game is overrated in my opinion. It was worth the $15 I spent on it, but I would have been pissed if I paid anything over $20 for it.

hype is well-deserved. if you play it at a casual level (like those that rush through campaign mode) then you won't understand how awesome this game becomes. The more skill you develop the better the game experience is. Its all about the gameplay because almost everything else is very flawed :lol:. I've worked on game genres considered deep and complex such as RTS and Fighting. Vanquish has that kind of deep and very well thought out game-play. It pulls off so many things right. It can be enjoyed on casual and hardcore levels of skill...so impressive that its gotta be in my top 3 of this generation :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It didn't totally come together as a great action game but it was still extremely well designed, pretty well written (with some decent humor), and some solid if not a little disparate play mechanics. I bought it at 14 and almost regret not paying more as good Japanese action games are becoming more and more rare.

[quote name='Japakneez']hype is well-deserved. if you play it at a casual level (like those that rush through campaign mode) then you won't understand how awesome this game becomes. The more skill you develop the better the game experience is. Its all about the gameplay because almost everything else is very flawed :lol:. I've worked on game genres considered deep and complex such as RTS and Fighting. Vanquish has that kind of deep and very well thought out game-play. It pulls off so many things right. It can be enjoyed on casual and hardcore levels of skill...so impressive that its gotta be in my top 3 of this generation :)[/QUOTE]

This game has the best train action sequence ever! EVER!!!!!! But overall the game was awesome I agree with you.

bread's done
Back