Various Nintendo Guides - $7.99 at Amazon

Already have the ones out of those I would want, but thanks for the heads up. May have to start keeping tabs on Amazon for guides.

Too bad they don't have the original Fire Emblem.

Already have all those, thanks for the heads up though.

Ditto on wanting a cheap guide for original Fire Emblem (could use a nicer copy of the guide for the GBA sequel, too).

Tempted to try FFV, but I don't have the game yet. Wish FFIII was on this list. Already have a few of these via penny guides, and the others I'm not interested in.

Turns out the FFIII DS guide is only $11.55. Still better than the $20 at a B&M store. If only I needed something for free shipping.

Yeah, be careful. Amazon likes to sell things they don't have in stock. That's the "3 to 5 week" deal. If they can locate it in 5 weeks, they'll ship it. If not, well, they got to draw interest on your money they held for over a month.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Yeah, be careful. Amazon likes to sell things they don't have in stock. That's the "3 to 5 week" deal. If they can locate it in 5 weeks, they'll ship it. If not, well, they got to draw interest on your money they held for over a month.[/quote]

I didn't think Amazon charged before they ship?

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Yeah, be careful. Amazon likes to sell things they don't have in stock. That's the "3 to 5 week" deal. If they can locate it in 5 weeks, they'll ship it. If not, well, they got to draw interest on your money they held for over a month.[/quote]That's never happened to me, and I've made plenty of orders with Amazon.

They charge only when the item is being prepped for shipment.

Not Nintendo guides, but was looking around for other cheap guides on Amazon...found the following:

Superman Returns (Bradygames) $3.60
SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2 Official Strategy Guide (Bradygames) $3.20
Guitar Hero II Official Strategy Guide (BradyGames) $7.89
Gears of War Signature Series Guide (BradyGames) $8.82

There were a lot that were right around the $10-11 level, but I'm only listing the ones that are too cheap to not bring to someone's attention (like the one Superman Returns fan) or that sounded like a decent deal.

I've been ordering from them since 1999, and Amazon has never charged me for anything before it shipped. The only thing remotely deceptive Amazon has ever pulled was cancelling 11 of 13 items due to a "price glitch", not emailing me about it for nearly a week, and then trying to charge me extra shipping to cover the remaining 2 items (because the remaining 2 items were under $25 after the others were taken out of the order). I didn't think it was right to remove the other items, not inform me, and then charge me extra shipping for the remaining items, so I cancelled the items.

ANYWAY... a couple more Nintendo guides...

Advance Wars DS [3-5 weeks]
http://www.amazon.com/Official-Nintendo-Advance-Wars-Players/dp/159812000X
Starfox Assault
http://www.amazon.com/Official-Nintendo-Assault-Players-Guide/dp/1930206534
Battalion Wars
http://www.amazon.com/Official-Nintendo-Battalion-Players-Guide/dp/1930206542/

Ordered Yoshi's Island, Pokemon XD, FFV, Fire Emblem and PiT. Thanks!

But now just seeing AW DS and Battalion Wars, I think I'm gonna try holding off of that, for sake of sanity.

[quote name='Run4Fun']Only 128 pages on the FFV guide? Even at this price, I can't bite for that. Gamefaqs it is.[/quote]

The FFV guide is actually pretty darn good. Keep in mind that like the FF4 guide though, it has very little on the GBA added dungeon-stuff. Other than that though it's very solid.

Also as a semi-guide collector and having all these guides, I should mention that GENERALLY Nintendo brand guides usually wind up being much harder to get later and go for a lot more, so if any of these are still in stock and you ever want to get them, now is a great time.

bread's done
Back