VC games, 16x9 and 480p

ckendal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
While I know VC games will be displayed in 480p, I've noticed that there are still ever so slight black lines on the left and right of the screen where the picture doesn't quite fill the 16x9 TV. All my Wii games do except for 4x3 only games (Super Swing Golf).

Should it fill to the entire screen or is what I am seeing normal?

Do those black bars cover up something that, under other circumstances, would be shown? I mean, does this happen with all widescreen TV sets or only for some people and not others?

C'mon people, there are black bars because they are not widescreen games, how can they possibly be?

If it really bothers you, use the fill option on your TV.
It's unplayable that way to me because it looks ugly stretched out.

I remember the SNES gameboy adapter had nice borders that you could color, or had little images. They should have just kept it widescreen with a pretty border. (of course you'd never see the border on SDTVs.)

[quote name='dallow']C'mon people, there are black bars because they are not widescreen games, how can they possibly be?

If it really bothers you, use the fill option on your TV.
It's unplayable that way to me because it looks ugly stretched out.

I remember the SNES gameboy adapter had nice borders that you could color, or had little images. They should have just kept it widescreen with a pretty border. (of course you'd never see the border on SDTVs.)[/QUOTE]

I don't know how it's possible, but some GC and Wii games support 16:9 widescreen, but even then it still doesn't fill the entire screen. :(

[quote name='PikaPichu']I don't know how it's possible, but some GC and Wii games support 16:9 widescreen, but even then it still doesn't fill the entire screen. :([/quote]
The OP is talking about VC games.

And the reason some GC and Wii games don't fill up the entire screen is because they're not true 16:9 pictures, they're usually anamorphic. When that's the case, it just depends on your TV, that should still fill up MOST of your wide screen TV.
Better than nothing though.

bread's done
Back