Velocity Micro Cruz E-Reader $99 at Best Buy. Free Shipping!

Calinks

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Velocit...818654&skuId=1372631&st=cruz reader&cp=1&lp=1

I JUST bought one last week when it was on sale at Borders for $120 and now this deal comes along. If you are interested in an e-Reader and have never had one, I highly suggest this product. Really it's more than just an E-Reader. it's like a poor man's tablet. Here are some points of interest.

-Uses Android 2.0
-Has full wi/fi web browser
-can play video although out of the box this feature seems very limited
-Plays MP3's
-Can use many apps
-Comes with a handful of apps out of the box
-Touch screen

Originally I wanted to get a Kindle but when I saw this in stores I changed my mind. This does a hell of a lot more than a Kindle does and it is far cheaper. You can get apps to read books from Kindle, Nook, and Kobo.

I am really enjoying my books on it and as a ereader I think it's great. Don't buy this if you are looking for an ipad. This is far inferior to that but for $99 you get a hell of a package.

I think a problem with the reviews is that a lot of people go into it thinking they are getting an I-Pad. You aren't. If you want a reader that can do a handful of other things fairly well then I think this is a good buy. For $99, I don't even think there is a cheaper reader out there.

For someone like me who hasn't had a lot of gadgets this thing is amazing. Trust me, a real tablet like the Galaxy/Ipad/Cruz will blow this out of the water but it's the perfect in between. On top of that you aren't limited to one book store to get books.

If you are thinking about it, I'd suggest checking out some youtube reviews.

I got one from this sale. The hardware is really nice but it seems slow browsing right now and I can't get it to detect my network, only a neighbors. If your using it for reading or music or video it is nice, but I don't know about the web browser yet...

I have heard some people talk about having problems finding their networks. Mine found it without any major issues though. Yea, it's definitely not the fastest but its okay. Make sure you download the firmware update and calibrate your screen for best performance, it can make a big difference.

bread's done
Back