Velvet Assassin $10.43 from Amazon (360)

i've never played any stealth games, unless sly cooper counts. would this be a bad first choice?

Probably - from what I understand it's a bit janky. Splinter Cell : Chaos Theory is usually cited as the best of the 'true stealth' genre. It might be a bit too dated though.

Splinter Cell : Double Agent was fairly good as well - and you can find that on the 360.

[quote name='jab1235']i've never played any stealth games, unless sly cooper counts. would this be a bad first choice?[/QUOTE]

YES!!! Horrible first choice for a stealth game. Recommend a Splinter Cell or Metal Gear game first. SC latest is more gamy and action oriented, but has decent stealth. Metal Gear games have been stealth, but not ultra realistic, fun as hell though.

I might get this as I am a sucker for stealth games, but I played it and remember hating it, so will read a review or two to refresh my mind.

I bought this 9 months ago for $10 from a Wal-Mart store that was closing and it still sits unopened along with 3 or 4 other games from the same place...lol.

EPIC FAIL!!! This game is not worth any price! I would rather play Atari 2600 Pac-Man while in a bathtub of pirahnas for a 3-day weekend! (Mouthbreathing implied)

#everyotherCAGdealsforumpost

[quote name='jollydwarf']EPIC FAIL!!! This game is not worth any price! I would rather play Atari 2600 Pac-Man while in a bathtub of pirahnas for a 3-day weekend! (Mouthbreathing implied)

#everyotherCAGdealsforumpost[/QUOTE]
Considering piranhas don't actually eat/attack live human, this isn't entirely all unrealistic.

I hated this one too.

Cool female protagonist(at first glance anyway) without too much sexualization? Check(until you use morphine). WWII but not a shooter, not a fps, and not american? Check. Stealth in the shadows while stabbing nazis? Check.

Dated mechanics, broken AI, annoying checkpoints, extremely wrong feeling gunplay and a story that starts off with about as much fanfare as mario 1 on nes? Check.

If you REALLY like hiding in the shadows while memorizing enemy patterns, with absolutely no gimmicks or gadgets at all, can deal with inconstant AI seeing you sometimes and not others, then this might be the game for you.

This and Goldenaxe, oh and I guess samurai warriors 2, are the only games I've played on 360 that I had to immediately eject from my system. I say wait for $5~ if you have to have it.

[quote name='Vortextk']I hated this one too.

Cool female protagonist(at first glance anyway) without too much sexualization? Check(until you use morphine). WWII but not a shooter, not a fps, and not american? Check. Stealth in the shadows while stabbing nazis? Check.

Dated mechanics, broken AI, annoying checkpoints, extremely wrong feeling gunplay and a story that starts off with about as much fanfare as mario 1 on nes? Check.

If you REALLY like hiding in the shadows while memorizing enemy patterns, with absolutely no gimmicks or gadgets at all, can deal with inconstant AI seeing you sometimes and not others, then this might be the game for you.

This and Goldenaxe, oh and I guess samurai warriors 2, are the only games I've played on 360 that I had to immediately eject from my system. I say wait for $5~ if you have to have it.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, is it really Golden Axe level bad?

In principle, I like VA better. Actually playing, I liked golden axe better than VA. Not to say either were good, but I could play golden axe. Fighting was tedious and boring and the blocking/dodging system sucked, but it WORKED. Keep in mind I played like 1-2 hours of golden axe and 45 minutes of this. Definitely am judging them harshly for such little amounts of time spent with each game, but the multiple reviews, scores and other gamer responses validate my own feelings. I can do some major love to what some would call crappy games, NiER, Deadly Premonition, Baroque; but I couldn't take this even with my initial mindset of "I'm sure it's not great, but lets look for the good things it does do".

The game still has a, probably infinitely small, fanbase though so take that for what you will. Go to the gamefaqs board and you can see that, but this is my own take on it.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']This game is arguably worth this price :rofl: Everything I hear is that people would rather play ET then this. :shock:[/QUOTE]

Those are really strong words...

I bought it during the Blockbuster B1G1 deal and I still haven't touched it yet. But I can already say it's not as bad as ET. That title can be said about games like Rogue Warrior & X-Blades. :whistle2:x

[quote name='PaperOtter']I got it for free and hated it. Tried giving it away but the recipient gave it back. Christ...[/QUOTE]

That's definitely what she said.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Those are really strong words...

I bought it during the Blockbuster B1G1 deal and I still haven't touched it yet. But I can already say it's not as bad as ET. That title can be said about games like Rogue Warrior & X-Blades. :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with him i like ET way better then this game. I even beat ET when it first came out on the 2600 back in the day. I am still shocked to this day i actually beat the dang game. I think i was like 6? I loved the movie a lot so i guess that is why i kept going with it at that time. The ending was dumb as hell and was the last time i cared about beating a game until the nes hit. ZELDA!

bread's done
Back