Vendetta Against Piracy on eBay

The worst they could probably due to him is file a non-paying buyer complaint to ebay and have his account revoked. That is unless he goes to Hong Kong where they could do much worse.

Just because they're from Hong Kong doesn't mean they're selling pirated games. How can he tell whether they're legit or not? From what I see, it looks like he's just being an ass and preventing sales on possible legit games. Where's the proof.

I would say 95% of HK sellers are pirated product. If you want proof, try buying one and see for yourself.

I bought twice from HK sellers and both times, I got burnt!

Unless he plans on making a new account every day, once his account gets a -1 rating he can be shut out of auctions through a simple configuration change by the seller. In the end if he wants to curb piracy he should do something to increase awareness of Ebay pirated sales instead. As for not being able to tell wether it's pirated or not, do gameboy cartridges from Hong Kong work on a US version gameboy if they aren't pirated? I'm not familiar with wether Gameboys have the same type of restrictions as the bigger consoles, but that may be an indicator.

I'm pretty sure Gameboy cartridges don't have region lockouts. But there are easy ways to distinguish a pirated cart from an authentic one. I agree with you in saying that if he wanted to curb piracy there were/are much smarter ways to go about doing it.

Hey Tube Steak,.... take a hike.

Are you a f*cking HK sympathizer??

It has been proven WITHOUT a doubt, numerous times. These are pirated games. You will now be permabanned from this site, for supporting these actions.

Come on,.. get a clue.

Good job simon!

[quote name='drone8888']Hey Tube Steak,.... take a hike.

Are you a f*cking HK sympathizer??

It has been proven WITHOUT a doubt, numerous times. These are pirated games. You will now be permabanned from this site, for supporting these actions.

Come on,.. get a clue.

Good job simon![/quote]

someone needs a hug!
:grouphug:

Yeah DCFOX, there are ways to determine if they are pirated.

First, you have to buy them.

That is the dumbest logic ever. eBay knows full well what's been going on. The problem is, the unsuspecting parents out there, who wouldn't even think about it.

They'll buy, Finding Nemo, for their 13yo, and the kid'll play it. There will never be any doubts.

So,.... a positive feedback is left.

More knowledgable consumers, already know about these scamming PIRATES, so they won't bid on their items.
Therefore, eliminating any chance to leave a negative, and raise eBays' awareness.

Thanks PunQ, I could use a hug today. If there was a smiley for "good head",... I'd oblige. :)

Also, a good sign the claim of shipping the box flat. Many bootleggers use this to disguise the fact that there was never a real box to speak of.

haha... "Used game but 90% new". Wonder how they calculate that number.

Anyways, that simonlake character has good intentions but he is just wasting his time. At least find a worthy cause to commit vandalism for, like I dunno, freeing lab animals or throwing paint on fur coats or something. (note: I am not actually suggesting doing these things)

[quote name='magilacudy']haha... "Used game but 90% new". Wonder how they calculate that number.

Anyways, that simonlake character has good intentions but he is just wasting his time. At least find a worthy cause to commit vandalism for, like I dunno, freeing lab animals or throwing paint on fur coats or something. (note: I am not actually suggesting doing these things)[/quote]

i wish i would have read the note...i just threw paint all over lab animals :(

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='magilacudy']haha... "Used game but 90% new". Wonder how they calculate that number.

Anyways, that simonlake character has good intentions but he is just wasting his time. At least find a worthy cause to commit vandalism for, like I dunno, freeing lab animals or throwing paint on fur coats or something. (note: I am not actually suggesting doing these things)[/quote]

i wish i would have read the note...i just threw paint all over lab animals :([/quote]

You got some paint on your shoes and pants as well. Maybe jumping up and down on that DDR machine could get it off.

[quote name='btantra']simonlake is doing a fight against piracy from HK sellers. I am proud of what this guy is doing!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8129504289&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8130248542&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8129873733&rd=1[/quote]

um... he's fighting bootleggers or he's just having fun and outbidding some guy named rayking3000. if you check out all the auctions he won, he was just outbidding rayking3000, and they both were putting up outrageous bids. :p

I think what would be better is if he just sends a message to ebay saying that their products are pirates. I remember this one guy had like 15 Killer Instinct games... for the PC! up for auction. I knew that there were only the N64, SNES, and arcade versions of that game. I sent an email to ebay and about a day or two later they sent an email saying that they taken off all of the auction and have taken proper actions with him.

bread's done
Back