Vengeance Trilogy $32.99 at Amazon

I don't know what to do about this. I guess it doesn't matter to much, but they come in the thin packs, which I hate. Also, the bad audio on Old Boy concerns me. I don't have a good audio setup at the moment but I plan on getting something good soon.

But it's such a good price!!!

Well, from what I can tell, it's the only way to get Mr. Vengeance and Lady Vengeance on Blu-Ray and at $11 each its not too bad. You can buy Oldboy separately if you wanted it that bad? $16.99

Also, according to one of the Amazon user upload photos, the Blu-Rays come in standard Blu-ray cases: "The 32 page booklet (propped against the box) and all 3 movies. They come in standard blu-ray cases, not thin ones or a special case to hold all 4 discs. Sympathy and Oldboy are one disc, and Lady has 2: disc one has the original version and the Fade to White version, and disc two has the rest of the extras aside from the commentaries."

Interesting deal, I've only seen Oldboy and don't need to see it again. I went with Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance 2-Disc DVD used from Gohastings for $4.41 shipped (promo code JUNEBUG 10% off + 96cent shipping)

Holy shit, first time I've seen a price drop for this set and I had in my cart for at least two years lol. Bought and bought! I also purchase Old Boy BR which pricedrop to $16.99. Sucks that the set doesn't have the correct audio but its fucking OLD BOY. Will sell the Old Boy BR from the set on ebay just to get some money back.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Well, from what I can tell, it's the only way to get Mr. Vengeance and Lady Vengeance on Blu-Ray and at $11 each its not too bad. You can buy Oldboy separately if you wanted it that bad? $16.99

Also, according to one of the Amazon user upload photos, the Blu-Rays come in standard Blu-ray cases: "The 32 page booklet (propped against the box) and all 3 movies. They come in standard blu-ray cases, not thin ones or a special case to hold all 4 discs. Sympathy and Oldboy are one disc, and Lady has 2: disc one has the original version and the Fade to White version, and disc two has the rest of the extras aside from the commentaries."[/QUOTE]
Oh. One of the reviews said that they were in slim packs, that's why I thought that, but those certainly do look like regular cases.

I bought it. My only copy of Old Boy is a bootleg, my copy of Sympathy is a Blockbuster version I rented and paid to keep (I wanna say $8 total, I was shocked and immediately told them after looking at the reciept, 'Ummm...I'll buy it), and I've never seen Lady Vengeance.

Like I said, eventually I want to get a good home audio system. And the fact that Old Boy is inferior to other versions makes me feel bad. But from what I could tell, the Ultimate Version of Old Boy is exactly the same except for the audio, so I'll buy that sometime down the road.

Thanks for posting it OP. I'm glad to finally add these to my collection.

Edit: Gonna marathon 'em as soon as they come in, in order of release. And I'll probably watch Bad Guy also to go with it. Maybe I Saw the Devil, if I pick up a copy on the cheap.

Yeah, it seems that the packaging that comes with the regular sized blu-ray cases was once a Best Buy exclusive but now is the one that Amazon ships. Thats the packaging they show as their main image anyways, so I imagine that's the one we will get.

Also, EYEL1NER, you could do what UNDERSTAR is doing and just buy the other version of Old Boy and then sell the one that comes in this boxset. Or, wait for a sale on it as well!

Also here is a review of this set from Blu-ray.com, who I should also credit for alerting me to this sale: Blu-ray.com

Interesting quote in reference to Old Boy's audio issue:

[quote name='Blu-Ray.com'] Palisades Tartan representatives have confirmed that a replacement program is on its way -- explaining that the missing track is the result of a production mishap, nothing more -- but the company has yet to outline any subsequent details or time frames. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Also, EYEL1NER, you could do what UNDERSTAR is doing and just buy the other version of Old Boy and then sell the one that comes in this boxset. Or, wait for a sale on it as well![/QUOTE]
My wife would kill me if I bought it now. In less than a week I have probably gotten 15 or so blu rays in? She saw me ordering the trilogy and started with the 20 questions.
It may be the lowest price it's ever been on Amazon right now for Old Boy, but I can hold out for a while. I still want to pick up the 3-disc DVD because of that awesome tin. So it's not something I need right now I suppose.

That picture on Amazon is from the tin set I believe. I doubt those are still being shipped by Amazon and I don't think the regular set has those same plastic cases.

Anyway these are all excellent movies. I love Oldboy the best overall for its style, but I think I may have enjoyed the story more in Mr. Vengeance.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Who the fuck would watch Old Boy more than once?[/QUOTE]

Why not? It's a great movie. Better with multiple viewings I'd say. I've seen it at least three times

Hm, I didn't like Oldboy when I saw it, but I probably need to see it again. When I watched it before it was with a bunch of people who were talking through it, which combined with the subtitles made it hard to follow.

Mine has never had an estimate for shipping. I chatted with an Amazon rep today though, just to ask if they expected to get more in or if my order might be canceled, because I've never dealt with an order being up in the air for this long.
The woman said that they expect to ship my copy out on August 4th and I should get it on the 5th. Damn, that's a long wait to see Lady Vengeance...

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Mine has never had an estimate for shipping. I chatted with an Amazon rep today though, just to ask if they expected to get more in or if my order might be canceled, because I've never dealt with an order being up in the air for this long.
The woman said that they expect to ship my copy out on August 4th and I should get it on the 5th. Damn, that's a long wait to see Lady Vengeance...[/QUOTE]
The trilogy is on Netflix if ya cant wait.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']
The woman said that they expect to ship my copy out on August 4th and I should get it on the 5th. [/QUOTE]

Hm, bizarre. I guess they didn't expect to sale so many?

[quote name='deadbird']The trilogy is on Netflix if ya cant wait.[/QUOTE]

Not in HD, though. I watched Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance streaming the other day, and the quality was kind of painful. I'd just wait for the blu-rays to arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='optimusprime8062']Mine finally arrived today[/QUOTE]

is it tin case just like the other guy who ordered 2 months ago?

[quote name='Irukandji']Damn. I can't believe I missed this.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it will hit this price (or better) again. Just set a price tracker on blu-ray.com or some site like that so that you get an alert when it happens.

[quote name='trunks982']thanks im gonna order. umm temporarily out of stock. probably not the tin case anymore[/QUOTE]

it was like that since the start of the thread

[quote name='arcane93']I'm sure it will hit this price (or better) again. Just set a price tracker on blu-ray.com or some site like that so that you get an alert when it happens.[/QUOTE]

Wow that site is awesome. Thanks man.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Who the fuck would watch Old Boy more than once?[/QUOTE]

I own 6 different versions of Oldboy and have watched it too many times to count. My all time favorite movie besides Fight Club. :)
Also own 3 versions of Mr Vengeance and 2 of Lady Vengeance. Big fan of the director. :)

Darn, I missed out on this deal as well.

On a somewhat related note (of Korean films in general), I'd all recommend you watch The Chaser if you haven't done so already. IMHO, it's the best South Korean film I've seen, and one of my top 5 favorite foreign films of all time. It's available to watch instantly on Netflix.

Welp, I keep checking to see if mine shipped. If the Amazon rep is to be believed, mine will go out Thursday, but I keep hoping for earlier.6 weeks waiting...

If you are still waiting, then good luck. Two or so weeks ago, maybe three, I chatted with someone from Amazon and asked if they expected to get more in or what the deal was and was told my order would ship today.

It didn't ship all day, so I got in a live chat to see if something was up and was told that inventory they expected hasn't come in and they have no estimate for when it will. I was then given a link to the item page and was told that other sellers on Amazon have the item for sale and that I could cancel my order and then buy from someone else.

Yeah, like I want to cancel a $32 order and then re-order for $40+...:roll:
I told her/him that I will keep waiting. Just a heads up though for anyone else waiting.
I'm going to live chat tomorrow and see talk to someone else. They obviously expected to get more in, so what the fuck?

Geez, now I'm wishing I had jumped on this after all. I ended up skipping it because all of my blu-ray money was earmarked toward the B&N Criterion sale last month, but hell... From the looks of it, by the time they actually ship and bill, it's going to be long past that. ;)

(I wonder if the delay means that it's "out of print" so that they can release a new edition that fixes the Oldboy audio problems...)

[quote name='EYEL1NER']If you are still waiting, then good luck. Two or so weeks ago, maybe three, I chatted with someone from Amazon and asked if they expected to get more in or what the deal was and was told my order would ship today.

It didn't ship all day, so I got in a live chat to see if something was up and was told that inventory they expected hasn't come in and they have no estimate for when it will. I was then given a link to the item page and was told that other sellers on Amazon have the item for sale and that I could cancel my order and then buy from someone else.

Yeah, like I want to cancel a $32 order and then re-order for $40+...:roll:
I told her/him that I will keep waiting. Just a heads up though for anyone else waiting.
I'm going to live chat tomorrow and see talk to someone else. They obviously expected to get more in, so what the fuck?[/QUOTE]

To be honest, it sounds like you're just getting canned responses. They probably don't know anything about when the product is coming in to the warehouse and such if they're CSR people, likely in India

looks like I'm a Cyborg, but That's OK is finally coming stateside on October 4th. Cheapest seems to be B&N at $14.77 (it's $22.49 at amazon)

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Im-a-Cyborg-but-Thats-OK/Lim-Su-jung/e/825307927191?r=1&cm_mmc=Google%20Product%20Search-_-Q000000630-_-Im%20a%20Cyborg%20but%20Thats%20OK-_-825307927191

51z2etx8gfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']To be honest, it sounds like you're just getting canned responses. They probably don't know anything about when the product is coming in to the warehouse and such if they're CSR people, likely in India[/QUOTE]

I just now spoke to someone, last night a Raja, today a Rafael, and was told the same thing. That it's not in stock, they don't know when it will be in stock, and that they can cancel the order and give me a link to other sellers if I wish.

WTF? What is the point in allowing people to still order it at $40 then? Because it does say OOS, but you can still purchase it right now at a higher price than what my order is for.Is that common? I can't say I have seen many items on Amazon that are OOS with no estimate for when or if they will get fulifilled and still let you place an order...

And why were they assuring me a couple weeks ago that it would come back in stock and that I would have it tomorrow?
Do I need to call instead of chatting?

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I just now spoke to someone, last night a Raja, today a Rafael, and was told the same thing. That it's not in stock, they don't know when it will be in stock, and that they can cancel the order and give me a link to other sellers if I wish.

WTF? What is the point in allowing people to still order it at $40 then? Because it does say OOS, but you can still purchase it right now at a higher price than what my order is for.Is that common? I can't say I have seen many items on Amazon that are OOS with no estimate for when or if they will get fulifilled and still let you place an order...

And why were they assuring me a couple weeks ago that it would come back in stock and that I would have it tomorrow?
Do I need to call instead of chatting?[/QUOTE]

Call or chat, it doesn't matter. They're customer service reps, they don't know squat about when something is being delivered. Their responses are totally made up to reassure you as a customer.

If Amazon expects to get more inventory they often allow you to order still. If they aren't expecting any it'll just say "Currently Unavailable". When they'll come back in stock is anyone's guess, and it looks like one of the CSR's you spoke to had theirs.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Call or chat, it doesn't matter. They're customer service reps, they don't know squat about when something is being delivered. Their responses are totally made up to reassure you as a customer.

If Amazon expects to get more inventory they often allow you to order still. If they aren't expecting any it'll just say "Currently Unavailable". When they'll come back in stock is anyone's guess, and it looks like one of the CSR's you spoke to had theirs.[/QUOTE]

Okay. I'll just play the waiting game for now.
I found the old email from my first chat. It was like the 6th of last month when Angel told me they were getting them in and would ship yesterday.
I got an email this morning with a link to cancel the order, a link to leave it open, or the option to do nothing and it would expire on 4 September.

Got mine in. Not the tin case version, but whatever. I'm just happy to finally own a legit copy of Old Boy and to be able to see Lady Vengeance.

dammit. shouldve ordered way back when they still had it for that price. i didnt order cause at that time i thought the tin case version is all out.

I just got mine in the mail today and the good news is, it's the tin version! The bad news is, it has two copies of Lady Vengeance, and is missing Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance. Anyone know the best plan of action for such a situation? I definitely don't want to have to return the whole thing as I wanted the metal tin version. The tin has a few minor dents here and there, but I heard that's common with these and it doesn't really bother me.

I'm going to contact Amazon and see what they say. I also contacted Tartan

bread's done
Back